Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 08, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nattyk View Post
being able to wash the clothes when i want...
...and that's the least compelling arguement ... but sadly true ..

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ros & Jim View Post
This really made me smile and got me wondering - what did you do with them when you got back to the room? Did you put Shamu in the bath, lay a lilo on the bed or stand it in the shower, the mind boggles? !
LOL luckily I was holidaying with a friend not a 'family' so there was only the one .. would hate to even imagine one each for my whole family in a hotel room but that said we had a couple of balls too.. one blew away and was last seen heading towards Bahama Breeze

oh for a bugnet ... oh another great reason for loving a villa the BUGNET! not to keep your balls in but to keep the bugs out

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Karen and Everyone who has posted.
What a brilliant thread.
As a villa owner it's been so interesting to see what you all love about villas.
We have always stayed in villas since first going to Florida in 1996 - both rented and eventually our own which we bought in 2005. With 3 kids it's always seemed the best option and we love our villa - I walk through the door and every time without fail it hits me what a wonderful place it is and how lucky we are.
Keep posting everyone. I've added things to my villa as a result of previous posts. I added bathroom scales for people to weigh their luggage for example!
I wish I was gong again instead of back to school on Wednesday.
Hope all of you who are heading out have a marvelous time!

Judith
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lynney
Imagineer

lynney's Reviews
We have always stayed in hotels and our favourite is the Royal Pacific at Universal but after reading all these posts i am seriously considering for our next visit a villa.We are or rather I am hoping to visit again in 2010 by which time our eldest son will be almost 16 and our youngest almost 14 to old for us all to be cramped in one room sharing one bathroom It will also be our silver wedding anniversary that year and i was rather hoping to do one weeks cruise and one weeks stay but if we book with TA for the cruise and independently book a villa i dont know how that would work? Something to consider i think and we would probably stay at RPR for a night to get the FOL pass.
lynney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by judith nicholls View Post
Keep posting everyone. I've added things to my villa as a result of previous posts. I added bathroom scales for people to weigh their luggage for example!

Judith
Oh no don't want bathroom scales in my villa .. not with all that scrummy food LOL

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
castanea1985
Imagineer

castanea1985's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 11
What we love about the villa, apart from doing what you want, when you want
Thats including moonlit dips in the pool...

But, its seeing and hearing things you just don't get in a hotel... not even a Disney hotel.

From early morning sights...

To evening sunsets, punctuated with a plentiful supply of wildlife sights and sounds!

Mmmmmmm wish we were there now!

Tracy
castanea1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Shelley - these are strictly to be used for weighing cases - I'd be the first one to avoid them for weighing me!

Judith
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
castanea1985
Imagineer

castanea1985's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 11
Originally Posted by judith nicholls View Post
Shelley - these are strictly to be used for weighing cases - I'd be the first one to avoid them for weighing me!

Judith

Judith, I must be really sad... I weigh myself on ours! LOL!

Tracy
castanea1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by castanea1985 View Post

Judith, I must be really sad... I weigh myself on ours! LOL!

Tracy

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 31 Aug 08, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nattyk
being able to wash the clothes when i want...

...and that's the least compelling arguement ... but sadly true ..

Ah but think about it like this - when you have a washer and dryer in the villa you can wash your clothes as often as you need to which means you can bring the absolute minimum of clothes which equals more room in the luggage for all the shopping you did
Closed Thread