Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Dec 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

We also went to AK today. Left POR at 9.30 ish and arrived at AK about an hour later, the traffic was at a standstill at times.

AK itself was busy but one extremely crowded. Yak and Yeti was lovely for Christmas lunch, one hour wait time if you didn't have ADR but we had one and were seated 15 mins early.

We couldn't get FP for FOP and with a 4 hour wait line gave it a miss.

Chilling out back at POR now, deciding what to do later 🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Christmas time (from Christmas Day to New Years Day) is historically the busiest time of the year at the Disney parks. So this is nothing new. And when people say it’s busy at other times of the year then I’d guess they haven’t visited at Christmas

Personally I wouldn’t like to visit at this time. It looks far too busy! We’ve been earlier in December (many years ago) and crowds are lower then and it still has a lovely Christmassy feel to it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Christmas time (from Christmas Day to New Years Day) is historically the busiest time of the year at the Disney parks. So this is nothing new. And when people say it’s busy at other times of the year then I’d guess they haven’t visited at Christmas

Personally I wouldn’t like to visit at this time. It looks far too busy! We’ve been earlier in December (many years ago) and crowds are lower then and it still has a lovely Christmassy feel to it.
We've been in August and at Christmas and love the difference - it feels almost empty in August for us

The first time we went at Christmas 2013 was because we'd had to postpone our August 2013 trip due to family illness. I'd not been for about 15 years at that point and my husband had never been...

I was really nervous before that first trip as we'd seen reports about how busy the parks were, but for us - it was Christmas holidays or not at all (I'm a teacher). I did loads of planning in the months leading up to our trip (the Dibb was invaluable) and we got to see things I thought I never would - the Osbourne lights and the castle lit up for Christmas for example. It totally sparked our love for Orlando as a couple and we've since been back five times since! We honestly had a blast and have been back for two subsequent Christmases. Yes, if I could go the first two weeks of December I probably would but it's not an option for us.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JSB32 View Post
We are not long back from AK, early fast passes and booked some on the hoof also. Flight of Passage was reading 270 mins standby at one point, glad we had FP's. All in all very manageable, having a splash in Stormalong Bay now back at the Beach Club :-)
This is my exact plan for Christmas Day next year. AK with Yak & Yeti reservation, then back to BC for a float around Stormalong Bay
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Visited at Christmas twice a couple of years ago, went to MK on Boxing Day a great atmosphere but so crowded ( what we expected really) but not for us prefer the parks when they are quieter.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 17, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in Mk today (Boxing Day) and it really didn't seem that crowded. My favourite day of the holiday ( even if the cinnamon buns from Gaston's were covered in red goop - any ideas anyone? )
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List