Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Dibbers Florida Playlist

So, what would your one song be to remind you of Florida good times and put you in your happy place?

Title, Artist and why it's your number 1 and maybe the best lyrics.

I'll get things started with:

Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet.

It reminds me of sitting next to the sandcastle pool in OKW soaking up the Floridian sun, occasionally venturing into the pool, remembering to put your flip-flops on before walking to Food to Go for a resort mug refill (that concrete is HOT!). There's actually an Old Key West playlist on Spotify if you are interested!

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin' my six string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp, they're beginnin' to boil

Edited at 01:12 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Everybody's Talkin' by The Beautiful South. Released in 1994 just before my first Florida trip and my Dad played it on our (very trendy) hi-fi system a lot:

I'm going where the sun keeps shining
Through' the pouring rain
Going where the weather suits my clothes
Backing off of the North East wind
Sailing on summer breeze
And skipping over the ocean like a stone
Old 14 May 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I’ve asked the same question before ... for me it’s this;

Journey - Who’s Crying Now

THE song that takes me back to 1981 , the first time I went to MK.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Everybody's Talkin' by The Beautiful South. Released in 1994 just before my first Florida trip and my Dad played it on our (very trendy) hi-fi system a lot:

Sailing on summer breeze
Oooh I like that best lyrics too!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Sailing on summer breeze
I guess it’s an age thing but I love the Nilsson version of that song from Midnight Cowboy ;

Just fills me with happiness.

Edited at 01:15 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
So, what would your one song be to remind you of Florida good times and put you in your happy place?

Title, Artist and why it's your number 1 and maybe the best lyrics.

I'll get things started with:

Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet.

It reminds me of sitting next to the sandcastle pool in OKW soaking up the Floridian sun, occasionally venturing into the pool, remembering to put your flip-flops on before walking to Food to Go for a resort mug refill (that concrete is HOT!). There's actually an Old Key West playlist on Spotify if you are interested!

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin' my six string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp, they're beginnin' to boil

Hey hey are you me! ?

Love the playlist and have a cassette tape from 1996 which we placed next to one of the speakers!😊😊
Listen to the Spotify regularly.
Margaritaville and Its 5 O Clock somewhere will be played at my funeral...they've been told and better not let me down😂😂
Seeing Jimmy Buffet at the London Palladium in Sept..fingers crossed.

But you're right it's my Florida song and I must have listened to it thousands of times.

I haven't a tattoo of a Mexican Cutie but I've found my lost shaker of salt😂

You're post has made my day, we are due to OKW again in August 🤔 but if not next year.

We love the Gurgling Suitcase and have a Turtle Krawl or Rum Runner most nights. (There are Friends pages for OKW and Gurgling Suitcase if you are interested.)

Thanks again, I think I'll have a frozen concoction to help me hang on!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

Sailing on summer breeze
Brilliant!

Listen to the Jimmy Buffet version with the Steel Drums, the perfect Florida road trip song! But I love the Beautiful South and Harry Nielson versions as well!

"Going where the weather suits my clothes" is one of my rules of life and one of the best lyric ever written!

Am loving this thread
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I guess it’s an age thing but I love the Nilsson version of that song from Midnight Cowboy ;

Just fills me with happiness.
At the end when they are on the bus and the song is playing they pass the first hotel we ever stayed in Miami in 1980 the Monte Matre.
Fantastic song.

What a thread! Brightening up my day.

Edit because just been called an old git by she who must be obeyed, it's the harmonica Film Theme at the end not Everybodys Talking...oops

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Old 14 May 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Hey hey are you me! ?

Love the playlist and have a cassette tape from 1996 which we placed next to one of the speakers!😊😊
Listen to the Spotify regularly.
Margaritaville and Its 5 O Clock somewhere will be played at my funeral...they've been told and better not let me down😂😂
Seeing Jimmy Buffet at the London Palladium in Sept..fingers crossed.

But you're right it's my Florida song and I must have listened to it thousands of times.

I haven't a tattoo of a Mexican Cutie but I've found my lost shaker of salt😂

You're post has made my day, we are due to OKW again in August 🤔 but if not next year.

We love the Gurgling Suitcase and have a Turtle Krawl or Rum Runner most nights. (There are Friends pages for OKW and Gurgling Suitcase if you are interested.)

Thanks again, I think I'll have a frozen concoction to help me hang on!
Ha...fancy meeting you here! I think we got into this conversation last August when I was in Kefalonia in a villa sitting next to the pool listening to the OKW playlist. I remembered cos you mentioned you had taped it...made me laugh!

We were supposed to be going to OKW end July/Aug this year but that's not happening now. Maybe 2022.

I was walking the dog this morning across the field in the sunshine listening to a Jimmy Buffet spotify playlist. By the time it got to 'A Pirate Looks at Forty' I was just in a great place...people were probably wondering why I had such a big smile on my face!

I think it might be time to make dole whips and serve them in our resort mugs this weekend... with Jimmy on loud off course!

Fins up!
Old 14 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

Fins Up 😎😎😎😎😎

Mother mother ocean😥😥...oh my for some reason this, He went to Paris, Come Monday all make me so emotional for holidays past with the family and when the lads were young.

I will miss OKW so much this year, just thinking about the place, jumping on the ferry first night for our trip to House of Blues.

It's so laidback but right in the heart of Disney.

Anyway think I'll put the playlist on, just cut the grass and the suns come out. We can dream!

Fins up! 😎😎😎😊😊😊