Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Universal Dining Plan

Good morning all

We are spending a week at Universal in August and considering the dining plan. The main reason is to know where we are with money beforehand as we are not going to be able to take much with us. (Seriously over holidayed with this one, lol!)

We are not hiring a car so will be in the Universal resort area the whole time.

I was just wondering if anybody has used this plan and if they felt it was worth the money.

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Watching with interest as it's something I've considered. I was wondering if it includes the restaurants at citywalk or if it's just the parks.

Hopefully a more knowledgeable dibber will be along shortly.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I believe the Universal plan has to be bought direct from Universal as part of a hotel (and I think ticket) package. I looked into it last year but since we'd booked hotel with BA and bought an Annual Pass we couldn't have bought it even if we wanted to.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Me too. Looked at this last year but having read reports and looked at the costs it didn't seem worthwhile, be interesting to see if anyone has any views.
On the reports I read you had to search out the most expensive entrée to get the value out of it.
We are stopping at RPR for all our holiday this year would have been nice if they did a Disney style dining plan. You can get one but seems only if you book a Vacation Plan through a US site.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Me too. Looked at this last year but having read reports and looked at the costs it didn't seem worthwhile, be interesting to see if anyone has any views.
On the reports I read you had to search out the most expensive entrée to get the value out of it.
We are stopping at RPR for all our holiday this year would have been nice if they did a Disney style dining plan. You can get one but seems only if you book a Vacation Plan through a US site.
Yes that's the one I was referring to. We bought one day of the Quick Service plan that includes Coke Freestyle. We had planned breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron anyway and that's one of the more expensive options. Plus it was worth it for the Coke Freestyle. After we got our APs we found out we could get the Quick service plan BOGO 50% off with that in September so got another day and shared 2 between 3 of us. This year we'll wait until we arrive and maybe do that a couple of days if the deal is on again.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Hmm would be worth it if they did the 50% off offer but can't see them doing it in August. We already have the Freestyle cups so makes it less attractive as we only have to now pay $6~ to reactivate them.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Hmm would be worth it if they did the 50% off offer but can't see them doing it in August. We already have the Freestyle cups so makes it less attractive as we only have to now pay $6~ to reactivate them.
Not sure as the only email we got was for September. We've had nothing about the BOGO 50% off since then. We'll also take our Coke mugs back this year. The other thing we've done to have another meal pre paid is bought the Hard Rock Cafe meal deal from Floridatix. It's about £18 or so for a main meal, dessert (chefs choice so probably ice cream) and a soft drink and includes tip. We bought it last year and probably broke even but it was something else bought in advance.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

The QSDP can be bought on line or at the park... I'd go on-line rather than risk a price hike

universalorlando/Ima...1 3-57436.pdf

The Full Service DP can only be bought as part of a hotel holiday...and the prices look very expensive! $51.99 pp per day last time I looked.

universalorlando/Res...ning-Plan.aspx

Possibly look at upgrading to a Club Level room too...then you get breakfast, snacks, early evening meal ( free beer! ) and sweet treats every night
Old 13 Feb 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
The QSDP can be bought on line or at the park... I'd go on-line rather than risk a price hike

universalorlando/Ima...1 3-57436.pdf

The Full Service DP can only be bought as part of a hotel holiday...and the prices look very expensive! $51.99 pp per day last time I looked.

universalorlando/Res...ning-Plan.aspx

Possibly look at upgrading to a Club Level room too...then you get breakfast, snacks, early evening meal ( free beer! ) and sweet treats every night
Oh really? I didn't realise that. Maybe that's something worth looking into. Thanks for this. I shall investigate HRH club now
Old 13 Feb 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Looked at Club but we were put off by having to stick to the timings for the meals, we would probably have used the breakfast each day but getting back for the other options put us off.

The full service plan I had seen and they reckon it's hard to make this pay for itself, also weirdly you get it form your hotel but hotel restaurants don't participate in the plan :-).