Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Jul 14, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

The "I forgot to take a picture!" Food Report - June 2014

So this is my first attempt at a food report as I figured I wouldn't ever be able to complete a full trip report and I have done an appalling job at this food report so my instinct was right

We went for two weeks just two of us and ate pretty much all offsite (we stayed on I-drive) My OH (luke) is pretty fussy and very into healthy eating but has a very sweet tooth and I am also fairly fussy but will just pick around things I don't like. We were also on a strict budget of $100 a day including parking and petrol. We stuck to this a bit too well and ended up with a lot left over at the end of the holiday!

I will warn you all now that a lot of photos either don't exist or we are halfway through and a few I nicked from google because I have to try and make up for my incompetence somehow!

We missed a few places we wanted to try and a few snacks so they will just all have to join the next time list

So here goes...

TRAVEL DAY:
Wetherspoon

We chose wetherspoons for breakfast at Gatwick airport as we know there is something we both eat and it is cheap and cheerful

Me: Eggs Benedict, was really nice with the rocket to cut through the sauce but ham was reeeeallly salty and I like salt!

Luke: Porridge, he ordered it plain but it came with a side of banana, granola/berries and honey. I quote "It was alright, it's porridge" he ate it all and just picked at the fruit.

We also shared a smoothie which was surprisingly nice and just came in a bottle, something like blueberry.

This came to around £15 according to my notes (I didn't keep any receipts, rookie mistake!)

PLANE FOOD

We flew with Thomson on the dreamliner and had a lovely flight. I had preordered a half bottle of champagne for us for £14 but Luke was put on antibiotics for an ear infection days before we flew so I had the bottle to myself, I struggled to drink it all but I powered through like a trooper because you can't waste alcohol, now that is a big nono! We also took some pringles, water, sushi, sweets and carrots on the plane.

I didn't take any photos of the plane food but Luke had a veggie meal and I had normal.

ME: chicken pasta bake which was quite nice actually but barely any chicken, with the usual roll, crackers, cheese and a yummy chocolate caramel pudding

LUKE: mushroom risotto, I liked it, he didn't, with all the same bits as me.

We were then given a small chocolate bar. Then later the 'afternoon tea' which neither of us had as it was an egg sandwich and a raisin scone. YUCK!

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Tilley66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

TRAVEL DAY:

When we arrived at the hotel we decided to pop to walmart for supplies. We did end up spending over 2 hours there when our intention was to get in and out as quickly as possible with supplies for the week! We had decided that to save money we would make our own lunch each day to take to the parks and have breakfast in the room so that we could have lots of snacks and a nice dinner with cocktails each night.

I got a turkey, cheese, spinach and ranch wrap to have for dinner and luke wasn't hungry.

We got loads of bits not just food, we got a coolbag for $7, diet cherry pepsi, milk, cinnamon cheerios, airheads, milkduds, pretzels, bread, butter, cheese, mustard, ham, cucumber, lettuce, apples, bananas, peanut butter protein powder, cereal bars, loads of water and more that I am forgetting!

we also bought nail varnish, soap, face wash, deodrant, plastic cutlery, plates, tin foil, Tupperware. It all came to $105
Tilley66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

DAY 2:

We went to Universal today but were unsure of whether we could take lunch/ we couldn't be bothered!

For breakfast I had cinnamon cheerios and Luke had a protein shake. Not very interesting and it was the same every day so only one photo for you.

LUNCH

We had lunch in the simpsons food court today, we both got our food from the lisa's teahouse section. The heat was getting to me so I wasn't very hungry so just had something small.

ME: Hummus with pitta and veggies. Black bean and rice tortilla chips. This was really nice and just what I needed. The hummus had paprika on it and the chips were amazing! We looked everywhere trying to find a big bag of them!

LUKE: Turkey wrap, spinach tortilla, jalapeno cheese, salsa and lettuce and it came with a bag of crisps. He also had a blueberry greek yoghurt. He really enjoyed this and would have gone back in the holiday had we had more money.

We also shared a buzz cola, which is diet coke with cherry syrup. It was nice and huge! Glad we shared it

This all came to $26.79

SNACKS:
During the day we had a few snacks. I got a cherry ICEE which I didn't really like, it was soooo sweet! We also had cereal bars, apple and banana which we bought with us and picked up a caramel brownie, which I have been dreaming about for 2 years and a peanut butter cookie (no photo, eaten too quickly!) from shop in seuss landing.

Old 28 Jul 14, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tilley66
Excited about Disney

DAY 2:
Bahama Breeze

We went to Bahama Breeze for dinner as we had been looking forward to it since our last visit. We went for 5pm and ended up waiting quite a while. When we arrived three different hosts pretty much ignored us despite us standing in front of the stand. It took about 10 mins for one of them to acknowledge us and then another 5 mins wait to be sat. Our server was pretty useless I must say, very friendly but bought me the wrong food even though I had told her and pointed to the menu but we had been waiting so long by this point and were both so hungry I didn't want to wait for another meal to be cooked. It took about 45mins for our food to come out after she had taken our orders.

Anyway what we ate!

I got an ultimate pina colada to drink which was lovely! Luke had a diet coke because he still wasn't allowed to drink!

This is where I forgot to take dinner photos, as we were so hungry by this point but I have some from the website instead

LUKE: Keywest fish tacos, Three flour tortillas with sautéed Mahi Mahi, tomato salsa, cabbage and jicama slaw and side of guacamole. Luke had a salad as his side. He enjoyed them but wished he had played it safe and gone with the jerk chicken pasta that he loved last time. Here is a nice google photo.

ME: Well I had ordered Grilled Chicken with Cilantro-Crema, which for cheese and mash fiend like me looks AMAZING. However I was given Wood grilled chicken? They don't even sound alike?! Still so confused by how this happened. It was two chicken breasts, broccoli and cinnamon sweet potato mash. Now the chicken and broccoli were good but what on earth is up with cinnamon sweet potato mash?! I hated it, it was just weird, my notes actually state SUPER weird. YUCK! And here is another google photo for you

This came to $50 including tip, not too bad for 2 of us but our most expensive meal of the holiday and we didn't love it this time which was a shame really
Old 28 Jul 14, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start looking forward to following this report thanks for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I love food reports yummy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great start
Old 28 Jul 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Lovely start, such a shame about the meal at Bahama Breeze, cinnamon mash is just wrong lol!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 14, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Well this food report is far too healthy! Where is all the luminous cheese sauce & grease?!

Only joking, it's actually nice to have a fresh take on things. Great read so far, looking forward to more updates.

Hopefully Luke gets to partake in a few cheeky cocktails soon.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List