Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 1 Aug 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

First time I have non food shopped since this started, went into Primark.
Had to queue to get in but only for about 5 mins so no problem - bit confusing where the queue started so we joined in the middle before realising. Kept having to watch out where other people were to avoid gettning to close.
But when queuing to pay the 2 x ladies behind us kept coming to well under a meter away from us, they had decided to remove their masks and where chatting loudly and laughing, which made me very nervous with how close they were. Over all I came out feeling very stressed and really didn't enjoy it.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Nope

Disney332
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Proud to wear my Ears

I was an avid shopper pre Covid. Now I hate it with a similar passion. It’s not the masks, it’s the vile hand sanitisers and the feeling that somehow the shops don’t want you there. - no changing rooms etc. Deviating from one way systems to browse clothes seems a no-no. It might just be a perception but it all makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Kenbrook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

A few weeks ago I went to an out town M&S and went into a panic, I just imagined that all the clothes had covid droplets on them , now that everyone has to wear a mask I think I would feel more comfortable about it.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I don't mind it on a weekday when it's not as busy. I don't mind wearing a mask for a little while and using my own hand sanitiser. CEX's provided stuff was horrible, sticky and gloopy!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to our local shopping area today.

I would say that 99% of people were in masks - most of the directional arrows had been removed - just arrows for in and out!

We haven't really been anywhere since lockdown ended other than food shopping and all in all it really wasnt too bad an experience.

I didnt mind not going into the changing rooms - I bought a few items from Debenhams and Outfit and just tried them on when I got home - which is better than hot changing rooms for me anyway.

The stuff that I didnt like i'll just take back next week.

The only issue we had was when we stopped for a coffee the lady next to us started smoking

Bring on more shopping next week!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I wasn't keen on shopping anyway, only ever went if I had a specific item to buy. I've just signed up for Next unlimited delivery and concentrating on local shops.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Hate shopping now and will only go when essential while masks are mandatory.

Now they’ve added more places where masks need to be worn I’ll be going out very little unfortunately.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I work in a shop and as staff we've chosen to support our customers and also wear masks on the shop floor.

We still keep count and only let a certain amount of customers in. Were allowed 85 but cap at 60. As the weeks go on people hate to queue to get in, dont sanitise their hands even though we provide it and in the 3 hours that I managed the door yesterday I had 3 masks refusers. All 3 of them young and seemly healthy looking. (I know you can't always tell) but we offer free masks and for those who can't wear them, we offer face sheilds. All 3 customers told me it was their legal right to not wear a mask.
I pointed out it was for the safety of the staff and the other customers and got told to F off.

People are vile.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DD and I popped to Cardiff on Thursday as we needed to buy some birthday presents.

No masks required in Wales, some were wearing them and others not. We only wore ours in the Disney shop as it was a requirement but I really struggled and didn’t stay in there long at all.

It was quite busy not helped by people ignoring the arrows in the shopping centre.

Most shops were ok, Primark was awfully busy though. I felt quite uncomfortable and was glad to get out of there.

The highlight of our day was buying sandwiches and having a picnic in the grounds of the castle.

I think I’ll only shop now when I really need something and not just go for a browse.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List