Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
KLM are offering those prices. Not sure if that’s better than booking through a reseller or not?
Honestly after dealing with KLM and their unlawful policies over cancelled flights this summer I'd consider swimming rather than using them again.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Honestly after dealing with KLM and their unlawful policies over cancelled flights this summer I'd consider swimming rather than using them again.
But it would depend on whether they’ve updated their policies since that shambles. On their website it does talk about being able to change your ticket with no change fee etc. I hope they’ve been forced to improve their policy.
At the end of the day, £1460 for 5 people, direct in August is extremely attractive. I would expect if booked with a credit card you’d be able to reclaim the money if they cancelled the flight/ virgin or KLM went bust?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
But it would depend on whether they’ve updated their policies since that shambles. On their website it does talk about being able to change your ticket with no change fee etc. I hope they’ve been forced to improve their policy.
At the end of the day, £1460 for 5 people, direct in August is extremely attractive. I would expect if booked with a credit card you’d be able to reclaim the money if they cancelled the flight/ virgin or KLM went bust?
That's exactly what I had to do in the end when it became abundantly clear that KLM had no intention of refunding regardless of their newly updated (now lawful) policies. There's no doubt the prices are good - I'd just advise caution based on experience of dealing with this particular company.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

[QUOTE=daffodil92;14674524]At the end of the day, £1460 for 5 people, direct in August is extremely attractive/QUOTE]

What dates for that price - I can't see that price on KLM only on Skyscanner with various agents
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=asmidir;14674532]
At the end of the day, £1460 for 5 people, direct in August is extremely attractive/QUOTE]

What dates for that price - I can't see that price on KLM only on Skyscanner with various agents
31st July ( also 1st August) to 21st August. 4 adults and one 15year old from London Heathrow to MCO. It’s the Economy Light one.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

So I rang dial-a-flight just to get some more info on these cheap direct flights

They think that they will only last a few days (although they seem to be available throughout end of July and all of August

You have to pay in full up front - no deposit
They are non-cancellable
They are fee free to change dates - so if you wanted to change the dates up to a year from the departure date there are NO FEES - but you would have to pay for any difference in flight price. So if you booked for 2 weeks from 15th August 2021 you would be able to change dates that have to return by 15th August 2022

They are Virgin economy light but seem to allow the agent to book seats at time of booking for free on way out - £30 per seat cost to book for way back - so no risk of not having seats you want.
(usually I believe that with the economy light you can't normally book seats - so this is v good)

No hold baggage included but you can pay at the airport around £45 per journey (so £90 return) for I believe up to 20kgs (you will need to check this)

Can book a throwaway single night accommodation to get ATOL protection so if Virgin went you would be protected and obviously can pay on credit card for further protection.

Dial-a-flight also found me very cheap mid size SUV from Alamo for £423 - which is the cheapest I've seen for a number of years.

If there are any experienced bookers/flyers out there it would be useful to hear what they think.

Hope this helps

Edited at 03:00 PM.
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

We booked with Dialaflight these friday - direct from manchester with virgin cheaper than indirect!

We where told we could add bags on when we check in online at cost of £60 per bag for trip.

Can't wait as was expecting to pay more than this for indirect!
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
We booked with Dialaflight these friday - direct from manchester with virgin cheaper than indirect!

We where told we could add bags on when we check in online at cost of £60 per bag for trip.

Can't wait as was expecting to pay more than this for indirect!
Great - we love Cabana Bay too!
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I wasn’t even looking, and then I looked... now I’m so tempted. I know if restrictions are lifted then prices will shoot ups. But nervous about the current situation.

Shouldn’t have looked...
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I wasn’t even looking, and then I looked... now I’m so tempted. I know if restrictions are lifted then prices will shoot ups. But nervous about the current situation.

Shouldn’t have looked...
Neither should I... but I've just gone and booked.. oops
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List