Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't realise that you could pre order your meals from the normal menu, i thought it was only for kids meals/special diet requirements. We will be taking loads of snack bits and some sandwiches on the plane. I'm thinking everytime my 11 year old opens his mouth to moan are we there yet im just going to cram a sausage roll in it to keep the peace
Wereallmadhere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic mouse1 View Post
Why did you think it was the chicken sandwich, most food poisoning is actually caused by the person them selves.
But nobody blames themselves,always the pub , or restaurant, or takeaway.
Which usually all have high standards of cleaning and follow food regulations.
How many people know what food hygiene practices are.
But are to quick just to blame the last meal they had, you might have been sick and the chicken sandwich came out but that does not make it the thing that gave you food poising
Most food poisoning takes over 24 hours and people blame the last meal

There was survey done on people’s fridges only 4% would have passed a hygiene inspection. But no one thinks it them who has given themselves food poisoning .
In response to your post are you able to provide a link to the survey mentioned , I am genuinely interested .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Pre-order a special meal. The Kosher are of a better quality than the standard as is the Asian one. I would avoid low fat and the like though as they are awful.

Edited at 03:19 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always just pick something up in Boots. Usually a couple of fruit pots, a nutty type bar, crisps maybe a wrap. I think plane food is rank. I go 10 hours at work every day not eating more than some fruit and soup so the plane journey Isn’t any different.
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't realise that you could pre order your meals from the normal menu, i thought it was only for kids meals/special diet requirements. We will be taking loads of snack bits and some sandwiches on the plane. I'm thinking everytime my 11 year old opens his mouth to moan are we there yet im just going to cram a sausage roll in it to keep the peace
It is only for kids meals or special diet or I think sometimes PE now, standard economy meals cannot be pre ordered
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I always just pick something up in Boots. Usually a couple of fruit pots, a nutty type bar, crisps maybe a wrap. I think plane food is rank. I go 10 hours at work every day not eating more than some fruit and soup so the plane journey Isn’t any different.
Just be careful with anything nutty, we took some Snickers a few years ago to eat in the plane and couldn’t eat them because we were told someone on that plane had a nut allergy..
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have had this so many times on Virgin when sitting in Row 19. When we flew in June we had an email allowing us to pre order and I was so pleased we did as the dish we wanted ran out a couple of rows in front of us. Luckily as we had preordered we got our food.
We also preordered on BA premium economy on the way out to Florida a couple of weeks ago but the food on the way back was dreadful. All they had left was salmon - which I can't eat so they eventually found me a pasta dish from economy.
It was the first time we had flown PE with British Airways and I can honestly say it was not a patch on Virgin or TUI.
The best airplane food I have had over the last few years has been on TUI.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve seen it happen in upper more than once and on one particular occasion all passengers wanted the beef 😂
They managed by persuading a couple of people to change and using some of the beef from other cabins/menus as a substitute
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not VA - but on the way home in Sept in BA PE we were in the back seats and there was only 1 meal choice left which would have been my last choice. No apology, just this is it, or 'you could wait and see what is left from Economy'. As this would have meant waiting till everyone else had finished, and still not sure of what would be offered I just ate (some of) it.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Not VA - but on the way home in Sept in BA PE we were in the back seats and there was only 1 meal choice left which would have been my last choice. No apology, just this is it, or 'you could wait and see what is left from Economy'. As this would have meant waiting till everyone else had finished, and still not sure of what would be offered I just ate (some of) it.
Same here with BA but we didn’t even get the option of what was left from economy.
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List