Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love my Apple Watch... it also works with my fitness pal & I have Apple Music so that’s a bonus... def motivates me... just got a basic one so it wasn’t much more than a Fitbit... johnlewis have them on line at mo for £200+
It also has a Mickey watchface 😉... that sold it to me lol
Old 30 May 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had a fitbit ionic and found it very motivating along with the app. I recently replaced it with an apple watch which i like but to be honest preferred the Fitbit it had way better battery life.
Old 30 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have a Fitbit versa 2 and love it. I have had various Fitbit's for 4 years and it certainly motivates you and especially the challenges that you can set up with family and friends

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've had a couple of fitbits and love them, my current one is versa. Only thing I dont like is the silicone straps they feel unomfortable I find but that could just be me, I bought a leather strap off fitbit website they stock quite a few accessories and it's a lot better. I do challenges too, but haven't for a while need to get back into that... some of them are with dibbers a while back there was a thread about fitbits and quite a few of us swapped details.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I posted a thread on here a few weeks ago,about needing to lose weight during lockdown.
One of my staff advised me to get a Fitbit so I could join in the challenges.
She sets a weekly step challenge
a weekend step challenge and a weekly bingo challenge.
It is the best thing I have bought,as it certainly motivates me,when otherwise I may think I can’t be bothered.
This week on the weekly step challenge which runs mon-fri I have done 90390 steps and I’m in 2nd place behind my husband who has done 196197 steps,so I don’t mind coming 2nd to that lol!
I am very overweight,so these challenges certainly get me up and moving.
I weighed today and I have lost 14lb,which I am happy with,as I am furloughed so not working,so not as active the rest of the day,that is 5 weeks.
So for me,it has definitely motivated me and has been worth it.
Tracy x
Woo hoo, well done on the 14ib!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

I have a Versa 2 and love it, it tracks lots more beside exercise, it tracks heart rate, active and resting, sleep states, even oxygen levels during sleep. You can link it to Spotify etc for music, it has Alexa on it if you want that! You can set alarms, get fb, what’s app notifications etc if you want, all that and the battery lasts ages, I think I charge mine once every 5 or 6 days.

Love mine
Old 30 May 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

It depends on your electro magnetism . I can’t wear them or indeed apple watches etc as they go all hay wire . Same happened to a friend when she was pregnant but I can confirm that’s not the case with me ...

So buy a very cheap one first to see if they work with you before shelling out a small fortune would be my advice
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I used to have a Fitbit but switched over to an Apple watch in 2016. I find having a fitness tracker of some description pretty motivating in making me be more active - e.g. right now it's a lazy Saturday and I don't feel like moving anywhere, but my Apple watch is telling me I need 29 more minutes or exercise and to burn 200 more exercise calories to meet my goal for today, so I'll almost certainly head out for a run provided the weather holds up.

For weight loss though what I found worked really well last year was calories in vs calories out and daily weight measurements (this works for me, I know it doesn't work for everyone). So I lost a lot of weight last year by eating less and moving more. The Apple watch helped with the moving more, but eating less was a pretty major component too. I actually need to get back into the rhythm as have put on a few pounds from the last couple of months - still far from my highest weight but need to get a handle on things!
Old 30 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile

I love my Fitbit and have had one for years. I found the best way to lose weight for me was using the my fitness pal app (mentioned already by someone)

You enter your stats and how much you want to lose and it works out how many cals you can eat. It syncs up with your Fitbit and if you walk lots it gives you more cals.

I lost a stone and a half in 5months (the half is back on now, thanks to lockdown)
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I think I may take the plunge. In just under 2 weeks I have lost 8 lb and loving the walking. Want to go back on my cross trainer again soon, however I get way way too hot on that... (menopause), so trying to lose some weight first.

Also 3 days now without a drink...….xx

I do like the pink one.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List