Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I think men prefer practical presents, we like more personal since we do practical every day 🤣
Yes I think that’s true. My DH one Christmas bought me matching marble chopping board, rolling pin and kitchen utensils holder and didn’t understand why I wasn’t excited over them 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I was just thinking the same...it was my birthday in May and there were 2 big boxes that I got all excited about as I didn’t know what they were...
2 new frying pans... and I didn’t even need any...
And he was really surprised I was so disappointed...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I was just thinking the same...it was my birthday in May and there were 2 big boxes that I got all excited about as I didn’t know what they were...
2 new frying pans... and I didn’t even need any...
And he was really surprised I was so disappointed...
Shame on us for not being appreciative 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

DH son bought me an Amazon Alexa Plug once and both of us a couples Spa weekend ..bless him
We are the least likely Spa people we exchanged it for a night in a hotel ..he was fine with it as its best to be honest ( in case he does it again )
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
DH son bought me an Amazon Alexa Plug once and both of us a couples Spa weekend ..bless him
We are the least likely Spa people we exchanged it for a night in a hotel ..he was fine with it as its best to be honest ( in case he does it again )
They are nice gifts but it just shows that they don’t always consider if the recipient would enjoy the gift 😀 I’m not a spa type of person either and I think DH would choose to go to work in preference to a spa break 😂

At least you had a nice hotel break instead. Our son bought us tickets to the theatre one Xmas which was a thoughtful and useful gift as we go to the theatre often and enjoy it. I much prefer gifts for a day out or a treat than material gifts
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
They are nice gifts but it just shows that they don’t always consider if the recipient would enjoy the gift 😀 I’m not a spa type of person either and I think DH would choose to go to work in preference to a spa break 😂

At least you had a nice hotel break instead. Our son bought us tickets to the theatre one Xmas which was a thoughtful and useful gift as we go to the theatre often and enjoy it. I much prefer gifts for a day out or a treat than material gifts
We actually went to the Hilton in Cardiff , not somewhere we could afford usually!
DH is from Cardiff but no family to stay with there now
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We actually went to the Hilton in Cardiff , not somewhere we could afford usually!
DH is from Cardiff but no family to stay with there now
Ooh very nice treat 😀
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Had a lovely SD garden coffee morning today with 3 friends - lots of (alcohol free) fizz, coffee, cake and gossip!

Edited at 08:38 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post

my sister bought me a spa present once - I really didn't want to go so in the end I was honest and said could I swap it. She was fine about it - I swapped it for a family indoor sky diving experience and I couldn't do it in the end as I had a frozen shoulder: grin: they all really enjoyed my present!
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Had a lovely SD garden coffee morning today with 3 friends - lots of (alcohol free) fizz, coffee, cake and gossip!
That sounds lovely. It’s nice to be able to catch up and see friends and family again even at a distance.

My SiL called at our garden yesterday and chatted for 10 minutes or so, we’ve been in touch but it was just nice to physically see a different family member again 😀