Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's estimated that less than 10% of visitors to Orlando are international visitors. UK guests make up around 2% of visitors to Florida.

Given that Disney won't know when UK and European guests will be allowed into the country, I suspect at the moment they are concentrating primarily on their US guests. They make up the vast majority of their visitors.
UK is still an important market. We are the 4th largest market behind USA,Canada and South America.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
5 weeks until the parks open, but people will have balances due or will be looking to make alternative arrangements.
I think a bigger worry for people due to go in 5 weeks is more the concern over whether they are able to fly or not and/or have to self isolate.

We currently know almost all there is to know except the discount. If anything people are in a better position to determine whether or not to make alternative arrangements now than they were 2 weeks ago. At least now they have more of an idea of what to expect when they visit than they did back then.

Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
I don’t think it’s surprising that people are anxious on getting some more information.
I guess I'm not surprised either, knowing what people are like.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
UK is still an important market. We are the 4th largest market behind USA,Canada and South America.
Yes. But we're still 4th. And a long way behind the domestic market. So I expect them to prioritise the first 3 first and worry about us later.

I mean, they're going to have to restrict their domestic market by 70% as it is. Worrying about that last 2% is fairly minor in comparison.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just received the following from attraction tickets which is who I've booked my hotel through...

Dear Customer,

We wanted to get in touch about an important update from Walt Disney World. As you may already be aware, Disney Parks & Resorts have unveiled their plans for the phased re-opening of Walt Disney World Resort on the 11th July 2020. When they re-open, Walt Disney World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing, but continue to give guests opportunities to create magical Disney memories.

As a result there will be some significant new changes and processes and we wanted to write to you today to let you know that we will be sending a comprehensive communication to each customer shortly, clarifying what this means for your booking and the choices available to you.

There is a lot of speculation online and we appreciate that this may cause some uncertainty. We want to reassure you that the only reason we have not yet been in touch is because there are still some policies that need final approval and questions that need answers. As Disney’s biggest ticket partner, we are speaking with key Disney staff on a daily basis and are privileged to the most up-to-date information. We can therefore reassure you that you do not need to make any decision regarding your booking now. There will be some choices to make in the coming weeks, but we want to ensure that our customers are receiving complete information and have all options available, before we ask you to decide.

However, we know that a lot of our customers have questions and we can share some updates with you today.

Disney Dining Plan Cancellation: As a result of limited capacity, Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be an alternative offer / discount for customers who lose their free dine but still wish to travel in 2020.

Park Reservations: Initially, 2020 park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a Disney park, both a park reservation and valid admission ticket will be required. The reservation system is not yet available, but when it is launched, guests with existing hotel reservations and tickets will be given first access. 2020 tickets have been taken off sale and new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused to all, allowing Disney to focus on guests with existing reservations.

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: The FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as Disney plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at the attractions and maintain physical distancing. Disney will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will also be temporarily suspended.

We realise that the above changes, particularly the cancellation of Dining Plans, will generate a lot of questions and customers will be keen to understand what this means for their booking. We will be in touch again within the next week to clarify exactly what this means for your booking and the choices available to you should you wish to visit Walt Disney World on the dates originally booked, amend your booking to 2021, or cancel your booking.

In the interim, we recommend that if you haven’t already done so, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive important information directly from Disney. Secondly, make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as these could change.

Finally, for those of you who have already emailed us, we hope that the above answers the majority of your questions. As stated, once we get final answers on Disney’s full policy, we will be sending further information to you, so if anything is still unclear after we have sent that communication out, please do get back in touch with us.

With best wishes,
AttractionTickets.com

2011 + 2017 Disneyland Paris
2013 + 2018 Disneyworld Florida
MissAddictive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin are restarting flights to Orlando and other key Disney locations 😜

theguardian/business...rom-uk-in-july
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TJCCFC17
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissAddictive View Post
Just received the following from attraction tickets which is who I've booked my hotel through...

Dear Customer,

We wanted to get in touch about an important update from Walt Disney World. As you may already be aware, Disney Parks & Resorts have unveiled their plans for the phased re-opening of Walt Disney World Resort on the 11th July 2020. When they re-open, Walt Disney World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing, but continue to give guests opportunities to create magical Disney memories.

As a result there will be some significant new changes and processes and we wanted to write to you today to let you know that we will be sending a comprehensive communication to each customer shortly, clarifying what this means for your booking and the choices available to you.

There is a lot of speculation online and we appreciate that this may cause some uncertainty. We want to reassure you that the only reason we have not yet been in touch is because there are still some policies that need final approval and questions that need answers. As Disney’s biggest ticket partner, we are speaking with key Disney staff on a daily basis and are privileged to the most up-to-date information. We can therefore reassure you that you do not need to make any decision regarding your booking now. There will be some choices to make in the coming weeks, but we want to ensure that our customers are receiving complete information and have all options available, before we ask you to decide.

However, we know that a lot of our customers have questions and we can share some updates with you today.

Disney Dining Plan Cancellation: As a result of limited capacity, Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be an alternative offer / discount for customers who lose their free dine but still wish to travel in 2020.

Park Reservations: Initially, 2020 park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a Disney park, both a park reservation and valid admission ticket will be required. The reservation system is not yet available, but when it is launched, guests with existing hotel reservations and tickets will be given first access. 2020 tickets have been taken off sale and new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused to all, allowing Disney to focus on guests with existing reservations.

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: The FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as Disney plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at the attractions and maintain physical distancing. Disney will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will also be temporarily suspended.

We realise that the above changes, particularly the cancellation of Dining Plans, will generate a lot of questions and customers will be keen to understand what this means for their booking. We will be in touch again within the next week to clarify exactly what this means for your booking and the choices available to you should you wish to visit Walt Disney World on the dates originally booked, amend your booking to 2021, or cancel your booking.

In the interim, we recommend that if you haven’t already done so, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive important information directly from Disney. Secondly, make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as these could change.

Finally, for those of you who have already emailed us, we hope that the above answers the majority of your questions. As stated, once we get final answers on Disney’s full policy, we will be sending further information to you, so if anything is still unclear after we have sent that communication out, please do get back in touch with us.

With best wishes,
AttractionTickets.com
Could just be the wording, but sounds as though those that have lost free dining and modify to 2021 won't receive any discount?
TJCCFC17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by TJCCFC17 View Post
Could just be the wording, but sounds as though those that have lost free dining and modify to 2021 won't receive any discount?
That was unfortunately the case for US customers from what I’ve seen. After some initial confusion it has been clarified that the 35% they are offered is only off their current booking to compensate for the free dining being taken away and can’t be applied to a future booking instead.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've had the same email from ATD. Have messaged them again asking them to confirm what they are doing regarding their booking T&Cs as on the website it is saying that for hotel and ticket bookings due to arrive on or after the 1st August are still subject to normal booking terms. As they have now said that we wont be getting any more information for about week this is bringing me to below 57 days before I check in and on their T&Cs this means I will loose 50% of my booking costs. How am I supposed to make a decision with no information available? Am yet to receive a reply, just keep getting a generic message back saying more information when available...? Even though my question is about their policy not Disneys.
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think we will which is why I’m tempted to just go ahead and move it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MissAddictive
Getting Excited

Mobile

I think that's the case. There's no mention or suggestion of discounts in 2021.

If the flights are going I can't afford to move my holiday to 2021 as spent 3k on flights that I can't move or get refunded unless BA extend the period they are offering vouchers for.

It's all quite stressful really. Whoever thought I'd be wishing for flights to get cancelled haha

2011 + 2017 Disneyland Paris
2013 + 2018 Disneyworld Florida
MissAddictive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List