Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jun 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone else feeling deflated at possible one park per day?

From what I'm seeing, I'm guessing it's highly likely we'll only be allowed to do one park per day if we get to go in mid October. This is probably the worst change for us as we didn't have free dining anyway (had planned on paying for it), and we've been lucky enough to go a few times already and do a lot of the experiences we wanted to do (although still disappointed that we may not get to redo some!).

I already had a vague plan made out as I needed it to make our ADRs, which have now been cancelled, but it involved us going to one park in the morning, and then possibly another at night. We absolutely love doing this, and it just seems now that the flexibility is gone if we have to stick to one park

Just feeling a bit deflated and unmotivated to come up with a new plan now for the 7 days we have there, but I know I probably need to do it soon if they're going to want reservations made for people who have tickets, so they can open up ticket sales again.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I won't be paying $$$ to go to Disney until it returns to normal. I appreciate this could be some time away
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, although I understand why it has a higher impact on your plans, I would say that, for me, that would be one of the lesser concerns (for me)

it's true that needing to change plans at short notice, when we've been planning for months, that's not nice ... but, on the 'bright side', everyone is in the same boat. Meaning that, no one will get a head start, and everyone will need to rethink, replan.

To be fair, what has deflated me quite much, is the full cancellation of our august trip.
Even though I'm in the pessimistic crowd, I'd be so happy for people on here who will be able to still go.
And, under the circumstances we're facing, I would say that, one park a day is better than no park a day.

Don't misunderstand me, I absolutely sympathize with your "deflation" (if I may) . But, as you're saying you're unmotivated to start replaning, I offer you this perspective : you still have something to replan, and to look forward to. Grab that opportunity by the 'bells' and enjoy your trip the best you can. Make the most out of it. This is your mission, in memory of all the cancelled DIBBers plans

have fun, enjoy.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It wouldn’t bother me I always stay in one park for the whole day, I can however understand that doesn’t work for everyone
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Yeah I think it’s frustrating. To be fair we never do lots of hopping, but did like to have a morning in the water parks if we’re going to watch one of the evening shows. I guess given there won’t be any fireworks We won’t be doing this anyway.

Who knows, it might be the perfect outcome if we only get 10 out of 14 days. Would certainly feel less rushed and more down time for the pool or shopping. Sometimes I do feel we ‘must’ do the parks as we’ve paid for them and do at least a half day every day.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think the big issue is going to be booking a park. If people have a 14 day ticket there is no guarantee of you being able to use all 14 days.

The next few months are going to be very interesting to see how the plans that Disney are going to put into place actually work - if they work of course!
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

If I can enter, exit and return to that same park in one day I'll be ok. If I have to stay in the park without being able to leave midday and return early evening I really won't be happy.

I do too completely understand your feelings though. I think I'm just focused on the loss of the dining plan and everything else is on a back burner in my mind.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Peewee
VIP Dibber

Hopefully going at xmas for 3 weeks , to be honest I am quite looking forward to if it stays the same, 50% capacity ! fantastic! I hate it when its so crowded at xmas and if that means we have to stick to one park a day and prebook I am actually all for it!
Peewee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yup! I love park hopping, morning here evening there etc...

It’s suppose to be our honeymoon (moved from May) and if by end of Oct there is no move out of WDWs stage 1 I really hope the borders still aren’t open so we can claw money back pop into savings for 2022/2023 as I can’t reschedule for next year. I’ve got a cruise booked in the middle for 7 days and as of the rules now I can’t extend Disney stay if that isn’t a go.

Not meaning to be a little black cloud! If this was suppose to be a ‘normal trip’ which in my normal pennies wise would be a value or mod resort at a good rate with free dining etc I wouldn’t be so fussed. But this was deluxe resort, first DCL, lots of nice signature dining = a lot of ££ (to us).
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying the responses as it’s perked me up a bit hearing some other positivity! I’m normally a very positive person, just finding it hard at the moment as it feels like every morning I wake up and there’s something new that’s not going to make the trip any better. We’re both more than happy to go anyway, and the only thing that will stop us is the flights not going, but there are a few elements we’re feeling a bit sad about. The park hopping is a bit annoying as we specifically booked caribbean beach for the skyliner so that we could get to Hollywood studios and Epcot quickly (HS is one of our favourites, and Epcot as it should be during food & wine), so just going to be a bit sad for us if we won’t get our full experience.

I too hope that we’ll be allowed to re enter if we leave the for the day. I sometimes like a quick mid afternoon nap to get in from the shade and then go back out again!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List