Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jan 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Loved reading this trip report, went back and did the Pretrip as well, and though I didn't fully take on your g&t suggestion I did whip up a few espresso martinis.
Had a plan to spend my 40th in Orlando, but alas flight prices mean we leave a few days later. The teenager has decided she wants a more chilled orlando holiday this year so I think we are giving Disney a miss. Hoping to book a meal or two in some of the hotels though so I can get a look around. Had plans to get all sorted this week, as the time will fly quickly when I'm back to work(no days off bar Xmas in December so I'm taking all my days now) but in reality I'm sitting reading trip reports and cook books
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Actually proper LOL’d that Andy has a plug spreadsheet! Hilarious!

Glad the cats were ok! I can imagine how anxious you were about leaving them!

I’ll say it again, HOW can you not like Pringle’s?! But you like salty popcorn? 😮

So happy you had a positive experience with BA. That’s the type of plane we had to Nashville and it was great!

Aww I can feel the emotion at your check in to the Beach Club! One day I want that feeling! Very happy the scent matched too

Your room looked gorgeous! What a result.

I’ve never seen the Boardwalk anything other than calm when we’ve walked round it, so the party atmosphere must have been a surprise!

Loved this! Can’t wait for Day 1! #chopchop

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Enjoyed your travel day and looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great room 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Yesssss, I love a Helen and Andy trip report I rarely wear perfume as strong scents give me a headache but the difference between parfum and toilette is huge, toilette is greatly watered down and that’s usually reflected in the price. I may be wrong about this but I think that’s why ladies used to use those beautiful perfume spritzer bottles- they’d mix the ‘pure’ parfum with water to get their desired strength.
I’m also shocked that anyone could dislike Pringles, they are the king of crisps!
I’ve only experienced the Boardwalk in the early hours of the morning (if you want a filling pre-park breakfast, try ice cream from Ample Hills Creamery) but I wouldn’t be able to cope with the flashing lights I agree that it’s great that the hotels to put on free entertainment for those who can’t or don’t want to go to a paid event.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Plug spreadsheet...whaaat?! I don’t think I’ve even unplug anything - I have clearly been doing it all wrong!

What a lovely description of walking into the Beach Club, so glad you got such a fab upgrade and it lived up to your expectations.

Looking forward to reading more.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

I think we must be of a similar vintage as your song references are giving me ear worm after ear worm!

Delighted to find your report at the start this time - think I caught the last 2 at the very end. Looking forward to reading along!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've loved playing along with the lyrics game. Brilliant idea!

Fortunately I don't need to do a plugs list as that is one part of the holiday prep process that Dave does!

Oh I was worried your luggage wouldn't make it, phew.

A great start to the report, I can't wait to see what you got up to. I hope you had a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Must say my lip is quivering reading about the kitty drop off. It sounds like you were all very brave.

I have to admit your meal on the plane does look and sound nice!

I had a big cheesy smile reading about you checking into the Beach Club, what a dream. Your room looks lovely, with a nice view and it seems like a great location - whenever we stay in a 'proper' hotel we are always as far as psychically possible from the lift.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start to your holiday. Glad the BA flight went ok! we always go BA but in cattle class! Lol! Can't believe you got an upgrade to the beach club! Looks really nice. Will look forward to the rest of your report.

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List