Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KEEWAYDIN
a Friend of the DIBB

We are thinking of doing the DS check in, does anyone know if they offer upgrades to PE there? Thanks
KEEWAYDIN is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
STEBEE25
Excited about Disney

I would not bother, online check-in and then drop bags at airport. Last time at Disney springs the line was longer than the airport! Personally I drive to departures at airport drop off bags and family, then I take car to drop off and walk back with no bags, much easier and less hassle.
STEBEE25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We've always used it mainly because we have had our own children or our grand children with us, and its easier to put them in a case and have rid of them earlier in the day

We stay offsite, and drive and use it, then can just concentrate on having the kids and enjoying the day before our flight home. Its hard work otherwise pulling extra luggage, the stroller, the hand luggage etc etc

But its not for everyone.
Old 13 Nov 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

We do the check in at Disney springs , makes me feel bettter that our bags are not left in the car , would dread to think our cases been stolen
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by KEEWAYDIN View Post
We are thinking of doing the DS check in, does anyone know if they offer upgrades to PE there? Thanks
I regularly see people upgrading there. My thought process though is maybe better to wait until the airport as the nearer to the time of the flight the cheaper the upgrades get.
Not if you are desperate though

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
KEEWAYDIN
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I regularly see people upgrading there. My thought process though is maybe better to wait until the airport as the nearer to the time of the flight the cheaper the upgrades get.
Not if you are desperate though
Thanks Tom, I totally agree with you. More chance of a better deal at the airport but I am worried that any available seats may go at Disney Springs.

Edited at 08:41 AM.
KEEWAYDIN is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm debating this for next year when it's just me and dd. We won't have a car so would have to get POR to Disney springs. Trade off between probably an hour less at the airport in evening and thinking about queues there vs faffing around getting up and out to Disney springs.

I'm going to wait until I see park hours and what my options are for emh that day!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

If you are staying onsite , I honestly don't think it's worth it . We have done it twice this way and then the last time we just left cases with bell services and checked in at the airport . I think there was less queuing at the airport to be honest.
I might use it again if I was looking to change seats , upgrade as its earlier but otherwise I would not bother .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a hire car and used it.
It was great to drop the bags and do a bit of mooching round Disney Springs, some shopping that went in the hand baggage and have a decent meal (especially the meal as there wasn't much at MCO)
We then had a chilled out journey through the airport.

If I was staying on-site, with no car and using the Magical Express as my airport transportation i'm not sure i'd bother though, i'd leave with Bell Services and check in online/at the airport.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, yes and yes! For us anywa, as we stayed off-site so would otherwise have been stuck with cases all day until our 16.45 flight.

We used it, you can park close by ( use Watermelon parking lot ) - right opposite Cirque de Soleil.

Took about 8-10 minutes to drop bags, get tickets and that was that. No schlepping around with heavy cases at MCO.

Not sure if it always happens... but we also got ' pre check ' at TSA for our return flight ? Meant we joined a designated 2 minute queue at MCO and sailed through immigration rather than being stuck in what looked to be a 45 minute plus queue. Nice bonus!

For us, a no brainer.

Originally Posted by jessicawabbit View Post
Hi,

Is the Disney springs Virgin check in - Worth it?

The only downside I see it having your bags in your rental car until you get to the airport.

Or for $10 each you don't have to lug them from the Car rental to checking in.

Thanks

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List