Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Baby bottles and airport?

Hi,
I’m sure someone will know this. How do you get baby bottles through airport security? We are travelling with our family later this month and it’s just dawned on us that we don’t know what to do.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy1979
Earning More Ears

Just make security staff aware of the baby bottles they will ask your permission to carryout a test on the liquid.

Only take with you what you need on the aircraft excessive amounts will be refused.
Andy1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

My daughter travelled with 9 month twins. She took empty bottles, sealed ready made milk, sealed jars of food and a backup of powdered milk in case the liquid not allowed. She had to go through a separate security scanning but nothing was opened or queried.
You can also order milk and food at Boots and collect them on the other side of security which is less hassle.
We did the same coming back through MCO and no problem there either.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just make security aware and they test the liquids. I stupidly left water in a toddler soppy cup in then toddler sons bg and they said they allow liquids through security for under 2s but it just needs that extra security test. Like said before only take what’s needed as excess will be refused but I’ve aleays found them really good when traveling with babies/toddlers.
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
My daughter travelled with 9 month twins. She took empty bottles, sealed ready made milk, sealed jars of food and a backup of powdered milk in case the liquid not allowed. She had to go through a separate security scanning but nothing was opened or queried.
You can also order milk and food at Boots and collect them on the other side of security which is less hassle.
We did the same coming back through MCO and no problem there either.
I was going to suggest the pre order and collection from boots once through security. I done this with other liquids earlier this year , we took hand luggage only and I wanted to take certain items that I wasn't allowed to take through security. I had them delivered to the store a day early, and then rang the store to check they'd arrived - great service!
When my little boy was a baby (12 years ago) they made me drink a little out of each bottle - it was cows milk x

Edited at 10:05 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
andy10xo
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Flew with our nine month old last month. Security at Gatwick took the milk to be scanned in a machine. Took about 5 minutes or so.

Orlando opened a bottle containing the water. Held a strip of test paper above it and that was it. Didn't bat an eyelid at the powder or the cartons of made up milk we had.
andy10xo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies everyone. Our daughter said she’ll only need up to 4 bottles and a water. Not having ever travelled with a baby, we were just wondering what the procedure was. Thanks again!
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

I’m a security officer at Gatwick. You can take as much for your flight and onward journey, and return flight.
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Thanks again everyone!