Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with others, there’s no need to do any extras to make it special. Reading the dibb can make it seem like you have to but your first visit is going to be so special just being at Disney. Apart from a character meal each trip, we’ve never done any extras.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

If you are only planning to do Disney, and the budget allows, I would recommend changing hotels to one that is closer to Disney as it is a good 30 mins from international drive to Disney, and worse in peak times. Just a thought. There are loads of hotels closer to Disney for all budgets. Even staying at one of the value resorts would be fab for your little one and you will then also have the Disney buses that you can rely on. It’s easier to nip back to your hotel that way for a swim or chill, before going back later on. This won’t be as easy staying at international drive.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What could be more special than taking your child to Disney World ? You don’t need all the extras. Lots of posters on here have been multiple times and are looking for extra activities to try. On your first visit there is more than enough to do at the Disney parks.
I too would book a character breakfast. International drive is a good area for lots of reasonably priced restaurants rather than the inflated Disney restaurant prices. Also you don’t need to book them 6 months in advance !
It may take half an hour from the parks but it can take that to travel by shuttle bus from the parks to the Disney hotels.
Look at the busy day guide on here and book fastpasses for each day. Other than that you really don’t need to plan anything if you don’t want to.

Most important is to enjoy the planning and the holiday !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

As others have said - do all 6 Disney parks - Magic Kingdom, park 2, water park, park 3, park 4, water park THEN do the stuff you loved for the remaining days (if you do 2 days in 1 park, then find a park you like better and you've run out of time you'll kick yourself). Don't aim to do rope drop to close - either - morning park/break/evening park or easy morning/park or park/early finish - you know how tired your child is, it's supposed to be fun so try to enjoy it.

Disney Springs is great for a few hours walk around so maybe the afternoon on your first day so you don't feel it's 'wasted' - if you see things you'd like to buy, take a picture and where you saw it. If, by the end of the trip you still want it and didn't find it in the park, go for a last afternoon's shopping and pick them up. You might find something, better and forget it, but if you REALLY still want something and can't remember where to find it it will drive you nuts!

If you know when you want to go, book some fast passes but if you don't the world won't end. If you're going to Magic Kingdom on the first day, get a fast pass for Peter Pan (if child doesn't mind 'heights' - it's a ride over the London skyline and is really cool, and quiet) but the line is always huge! It's the one I HAVE to get every time for my mom.

There is no right or wrong way - if you have 2 days in the parks then 1 by the pool do that - doesn't matter as long as you're all chilled.

Oh, and only listen to me if you want to - if you wanna do something else, do something else.

Have FUN! Oh and reading between now and when you go could blow your mind!

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just remember give him and you plenty of rest time. Sometimes we forget and do too much and then tat spoils things. Happy holidays and make lots of memories.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I agree with the others I think just being there will make it special enough.

Perhaps later in the holiday though possibly the happily ever after dessert party is this would mean you can see the fireworks without being too crowded. Might also be worth Considering early morning magic at magic kingdom as it gets you access to the area with minimal queues. There’s some vlogs on YouTube which show it well. These things are all pricey though, you don’t need to do then it’ll be great already but nice to have suggestions.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Are you driving to the parks? Based on I drive I think transportation will make or break the holiday. If you are driving then once you are back to the car your son can relax/sleep on the way back.

If you are relying on shuttle buses or public transport it’s a long trip from I drive.

Even in the car I wouldn’t plan on an afternoon break. Either have an early start and leave early. Or a lazy morning.
Arrive at the park mid afternoon and stay late.

We would do the park on the first day. But only a short morning visit and leave after lunch.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Don't aim for a perfect holiday, aim for a better one than the majority of first time visitors.
Many many families turn up every year, knowing nothing about restaurants, fastpasses or even which attractions exist and they have a great time.
You are streets ahead of them already. Focus on what you could have got wrong, but won't because of what you've learned rather than worrying about a perfect holiday

We've been plenty of times and learn something new every trip...