Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Nov 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went the first 2 weeks of December in 2014 and the weather was cold! It felt like I was at home some days. We had a few warmish days but still had to wear pants and a light jacket. It was a bad December in Orlando that year - my sister went the following year and has some lovely weather. We loved all the decorations and I also loved the fact that I got nearly all my Christmas shopping done out there - much more relaxing to do xmas shopping there than at home. Not sure that I'd do a December out there again. My DH also got really sick out there and was in bed for days! (He never gets sick normally, must have been Florida flu!)
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
Thanks for all of your responses. We've already booked for June and wanting to add this trip as an extra to see all of the Christmas decorations. The main reason for my question was that I'd seen a Disney sweatshirt on instagram and wondered if I could justify buying it for a December trip haha!
I would only do December again if it wasn't my main trip - the decorations are fab!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

I've been to wet n wild/aquatica no end of times in december, its been a bit fresh early on in the morning and late at night but i've never had to wear jeans or a coat because of it

A hoody will be fine
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We have been quite a few times in December, and find the weather “changeable”. Some years, we have had to leave the parks as it becomes unbelievably cold, even with a hoodie and a fleece blanket. On the estate we were staying on, they wrapped all the plants up in blankets, to stop the frost from killing them..
We have also been to MVMCP, all ready for a cold evening, jeans and hoodies, and been sweating like crazy.
This year, I’m travelling in my jacket and jeans, with shorts and t shirts in the suitcase, that way I’m ready for anything
To be honest, I’m just looking forward chilling out with OH, it’s been a long year for us.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I would only do December again if it wasn't my main trip - the decorations are fab!
We're used to the July/August heat so still getting our summer fix (albeit in June) and hoping to add December purely for the Christmas decs and MVMCP! Thanks for your response
dreamingdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've been going for years now in December..on the whole we've had some pretty decent weather with just the odd chilly snap,not much rain over the years in December.You can when it gets chilly look out to blue skies and go outside and the wind cuts you in two,at times like that even a hoody doesn't cut it.We have always had lots of pool and waterpark days and come home with good tans.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
We're used to the July/August heat so still getting our summer fix (albeit in June) and hoping to add December purely for the Christmas decs and MVMCP! Thanks for your response
We watched some YouTube videos that had some Disney Christmas displays in the other day (and Tim Tracker was in Hollywood Studios yesterday showing off the lights and xmas fireworks!). My DH was talking about adding a December trip next year as well as our April trip - he'd have to work extra, extra hours for us to do it though - we'll see what happens when Disney release the free nights offer (if they do it for next year that is). We drove around Celebration in 2014 and the houses were done up so well, they really go all out with the decorations/displays
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go very December (missed last year) and love it, the fist 2 weeks are great then it seems the whole of the rest of the USA decends on Florida!

Yes the weather can be cool and we have also have had frosts over the years but it’s a million times better than the weather at home!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

This will be our third december in a row so fingers crossed (actually 4th because we went over Christmas time 25+ years ago).

Generally the weather is nice for shorts and tee shirts in December, but last year we had the heating on in the villa for a good few days, and one morning I even had to scrape ice off the car's windscreen, so make sure you are prepared.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
We have been quite a few times in December, and find the weather “changeable”. Some years, we have had to leave the parks as it becomes unbelievably cold, even with a hoodie and a fleece blanket. On the estate we were staying on, they wrapped all the plants up in blankets, to stop the frost from killing them..
We have also been to MVMCP, all ready for a cold evening, jeans and hoodies, and been sweating like crazy.
This year, I’m travelling in my jacket and jeans, with shorts and t shirts in the suitcase, that way I’m ready for anything
To be honest, I’m just looking forward chilling out with OH, it’s been a long year for us.
We had plants die last Xmas from the cold
We have been a few times at xmas and I had to wear trousers not shorts on only one occasion although one night at Disney I nearly bought a Disney hoodie the temp dropped so much
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List