Old 9 Aug 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Just had the nicest email from ATD and had to pop on here to share as I know you'd all understand my excitement.

We booked a standard room at CBR for Nov/Dec 2019 but with Disney withdrawing availability there are no standard rooms on our dates apparently ... but ATD have upgraded us free to a Pirate room our DS is going to be so excited when he walks in the room he's asked us loads of times if we could stay in them one day, but I could never justify the expense

Can't recommend ATD enough, they answer all my emails within an hour and nothing is ever too much trouble ... unlike the Virgin Holiday horrible stories lately!
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I love that they are calling it Sebastians. I assume they wont serve seafood or at least lobster haha

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
I love that they are calling it Sebastians. I assume they wont serve seafood or at least lobster haha
Oh that's a good point. because I cant see them serving up Sebastian in his own restaurant as a good idea
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disdaydream View Post
Just had the nicest email from ATD and had to pop on here to share as I know you'd all understand my excitement.

We booked a standard room at CBR for Nov/Dec 2019 but with Disney withdrawing availability there are no standard rooms on our dates apparently ... but ATD have upgraded us free to a Pirate room our DS is going to be so excited when he walks in the room he's asked us loads of times if we could stay in them one day, but I could never justify the expense

Can't recommend ATD enough, they answer all my emails within an hour and nothing is ever too much trouble ... unlike the Virgin Holiday horrible stories lately!
Oh Wow that's excellent! Congrats
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Sebastian's sounds a bit fancier than Shutters perhaps they are going for a more upmarket feel, I can't wait to see it all finished I love the Caribbean vibe of the resort concept art.

I have been thinking about the lack of standard rooms at CBR late next year and I wonder if a factor might be that Jamaica rooms will be the closest to the Skyliner station ... maybe these will become a new class of room "Skyliner rooms" as I would be surprised if Disney didn't cash in on the chance to charge more
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i also cant wait till its all done and see it finished, are they replacing the floor in all rooms does any one know?
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazbo
VIP Dibber

Cazbo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Was so excited last night to book our first stay at Disney CBR for one night next July for our 20th anniversary, only to come on and see this thread. Do you think it better to downgrade to a different resort? Can’t afford to upgrade

Would Coronado springs be better?

Edited at 10:50 AM.
Cazbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
come next july every think should be done, the sky way thingy might be the only thing thats not x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cazbo View Post
Was so excited last night to book our first stay at Disney CBR for one night next July for our 20th anniversary, only to come on and see this thread. Do you think it better to downgrade to a different resort? Can’t afford to upgrade
Although Disney haven't officially confirmed a date the general consensus is that the main food area/gift shop/check in will be up an running by the end of 2018.

The Skyliner transport and new DVC (Riveria Resort) will be ongoing until late 2019.

We stayed in May in the middle of construction and it really was ok so try not to let it worry you. Across the lake you will see the construction and they may still be working on the Skyliner but the towers are already up.

Take a look at this video of the situation now, its probably as bad as it will get and should be much better by July 2019. If you really want to move remember that CSR also has construction for a new onsite tower ... so POR/POFQ are the only moderates without major construction at the moment.

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Hey Sollis, yes we were there this time last year too. Wish I were there now!
Hope you get to go back soon 😊
Thanks Cha, can’t believe this thread is still going strong
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List