Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

His do you contain the excitement...

We are all booked with virgin for end of October 2020 but it’s such a long time away and only so much planning you can do now. I love reading the trip reports and watching Tim TAcker on YouTube which is probably not helping 🤪 Is there anyone else with a long wait like 59 weeks and 3 days not that I’m counting.😉
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I booked in April for Sept 2020... Still 1 year to go after 5 initial months of waiting...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I find all the planning, anticipation and excitement as enjoyable as the holiday itself ( feels like I'm getting more value fir money that way too ).
I break the planning down into stages- so fir me, the next thing to do will be get flight ref. number to book seats on plane ( hopefully bubble). Then Mid -January park hours for August should be released so my planning will go into overdrive. ADR date Feb, and 60 day FP day in June. The months will fly by! Inbetween times I spend mostly on here, watching Florida vlogs and day dreaming lol. The problem will planning do far out us that I usually end up adding on bits here and their- I.e we weren't planning on Universal this time, but somehow we've managed to add a couple of nights on at RPR!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked December 2018 for August 2020 and I’ve been bursting with excitement since! And I’ve got 3 other non Florida holidays between now and then!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We usually book last minute every year, just 4-5 months before going because of this reason. Having not gone in 2018 we decided to book early this year when the free dining came out for 2020. The longest ever wait. Then in July we caved in after to much planning and booked October this year.

So you asked how do you contain the excitement - by booking another visit sooner. Not a great idea for the finances though as we have spent 2020s budget.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we had a 16 month wait for this year but we found it went really quickly surprisingly. we set ourselves little targets to get to like 365 days 300 days then ADR day, fast pass day and wrote a blog of our pre rip report. spent lots of time researching and planning and watching lots of Disney you tubers that really helped us and as I said it went quickly, now on countdown to April when we can book again
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The wait goes surprisingly quick!
I did a countdown for all major things that I needed to do. Like booking plane seats, paying everything off, plan the estas etc etc etc.
Watch Disney films, reading through trip reports and just build up that excitement!
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

We fly next week on Wednesday, we booked on 22/04/18, it's been a long time coming, it passes, and the anticipation builds..

It's only 236 days to ADR day for you :-)
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

We booked in Feb this year for Feb 2020, so over 300 days countdown, we are now at 162 . Its feels odd to think we are only 5 months away, its our first big long haul holiday for us and im bouncing off the walls! My kids are aware of the holiday but not quite absorbed the info yet (as its the unknown). My husband is happy, but not like me. Im hoping he gets the Orlando bug when we get out there .

Ive just done ESTA's today, Gatwick parking booking and travel insurance. I have a mini list on my calendar of 'what to do next'. Nov will be booking Busch Gardens transport and starting to exchange currency .

xx

Edited at 03:15 PM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

Thank you for all your reply’s I’ve just done myself a little wallchart with countdowns to booking seats, park hours, fast passes, esta application, booking gatwick hotel for night before and other little bits. 😊
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List