Link to this Post

wow! it lloks delicious!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Great report .
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Well I failed miserably keeping this up to date live. I'm blaming spotty wifi and just generally running out of time and getting too far behind.

I *will* finish this though as it will be a while until I need to worry about starting another as we aren't going back until late next year

Expect a few updates very soon. Thanks to all that have read along so far!

Edited at 01:29 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Well I failed miserably keeping this up to date live. I'm blaming spotty wifi and just generally running out of time and getting too far behind.

I *will* finish this though as it will be a while until I need to worry about starting another as we aren't going back until late next year

Expect a few updates very soon. Thanks to all that have read along so far!
Will be looking forward to some updates, I just love your reports! Trip reports can be so time consuming, I don't blame you at all for not keeping up with a live one, best to enjoy your holiday and finish when you get back!
Old 25 Jan 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2: Yard House -I-Drive 360

Today was spent at the Outlets doing a spot of shopping. On the way back we got dropped off at the I-Drive 360 complex where the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye is located.

The only reason for this was to have lunch at a favourite from last year - Yard House.

There was hardly anybody in at lunchtime so we were seated straight away.

You can order everything you want to the table using a fancy iPad ordering system but we kept it old school and ordered through our server.

There is so much choice on drinks & food it’s so hard to decide what to get.

Drinks Menu:

I had a Sunkissed Sangria which was lovely & refreshing.

Andy chose a normal sized beer this time instead of a Yard like last year.

Onto the food - we shared an appetizer. We don’t normally order a starter as main course portions are usually so big, but this really piqued our interest.

CRISPY DUCK WINGS

herb salad, maple soy glaze, sesame seeds, red onions, serrano chiles - $12.25

The flavour was great (the glaze was amazing!) but there was much less meat on them than chicken wings, it made them hard to eat and not much reward for your effort. They were nice to try but I wouldn’t bother again. They were pricey too! Just $1 less than Andy’s appetiser.

Despite me advising against it, Andy chose a burger for his main - before we left the UK he said “I don’t want to eat burgers all the time, they’re boring. Don’t let me order burgers”

BBQ BACON CHEDDAR BURGER*

applewood smoked bacon, rum bbq sauce, garlic aïoli, fries - $13.55

It was *nice* but he agreed it was a bit ordinary and he wished he’d ordered differently. As it was cooked medium, it got a bit mushy towards the end too.

I went for something a bit different after A LOT of deliberation (it seriously all sounds so good!).

VAMPIRE TACO

cheese crusted tortilla, carnitas, bacon chorizo, chipotle salsa, roasted garlic, cumin crema, guacamole, cilantro - $6.65.

I paid extra to make this an entree portion with 2 tacos & a side of rice & beans but I can’t find the exact details of that online now. :l

The tacos were absolutely full of flavour and had melted cheese all over the outside (mmm). A little messy to eat but worth it. The “Carnitas” filling is, according to Google, "made by braising or simmering pork in oil or preferably lard until tender". Now I dread to think of the calories but it was so soft and juicy and didn’t taste greasy at all. A fantastic choice & I would recommend.

I wasn’t such a fan of the rice & beans. The beans aren’t really my kind of thing anyway but the rice was a bit sticky and chewy. There was plenty to eat with the tacos without these anyway.

Another great meal from Yard House and I would absolutely put this on the list to return to again!

Edited at 02:49 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Will be looking forward to some updates, I just love your reports! Trip reports can be so time consuming, I don't blame you at all for not keeping up with a live one, best to enjoy your holiday and finish when you get back!
Absolutely! I didn't realise how much work a live trip report is. Serious props to those who manage without falling behind!

Thanks so much

Old 25 Jan 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Yay can't wait to see more updates, love food reports.
I'm not even going to try and attempt doing a live one for my trip - sounds like so much work.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

That Vampire Taco looks amazing! I love trying out things like that
Old 25 Jan 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
Yay can't wait to see more updates, love food reports.
I'm not even going to try and attempt doing a live one for my trip - sounds like so much work.
It is a lot more than it seems! Thanks for reading, i'll get more up soon. I've got loads of pictures!

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
That Vampire Taco looks amazing! I love trying out things like that
Me too. I had no idea what to expect from the description but I love ordering random things to find out what they are.

Old 25 Jan 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

oh im glad that this report has started again,yard house looks great, mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List