Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 26 Feb 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Courthouse wedding

Myself, my partner and my family are going back to Florida this year, we are looking to get married and just keep it as low key as possible. I have heard you can turn up at the courthouse in the morning and get married there and then? We are staying in clearmont so I am not sure of where the nearest courthouse is ect? Also does anyone have any recommendations of what we could do after, this is our 13th time in Florida so maybe something a little different? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

We're getting married next May out there and planning on a courthouse wedding, we'll be going to the one in Osceola, I think that's where a lot of people go for weddings.
We were thinking of doing one of the backstage treks at Animal Kingdom and then dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe!

Congratulations btw
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Amazing thank you, do you know if we have to book in as such or just turn up on the day? And do you also know the cost? Thank you for the advice and congratulations to you too!
Old 27 Feb 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi we got married at the couthouse in october, just me ,oh and our 3 kids. You do have to get a marraige licence which we did afew days before our pencilled in marraige day which im glad we did as we werent too sure where we were going. You can get licence on same day, one thing i was surprised at was that we had to go through security (similar to airport, shoes belts in tray). We all got dressed up and i wore a wedding dress, there is set hours in which you can get married with 3.30 being the cutt off. We got there at 3.29 due to lots of traffic, oh and as we were rushing i lost one of my gel cushions for my shoes whilst going through security 😂 For us it was perfect, we didnt want anything big. Afterwards we went to disney springs for food and drinks 👰🏼🤵🍹🥂🍲. Im in the process of changing my name at moment and found a receipt with our copies of licences, without going to find it now im sure it was $90 odd dollars (definitely under 100 for us). Congratulations 😁

Edited at 11:43 PM.
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah we're planning on just turning up at like 8am in the morning and doing it all in one, so you can either get your license a couple of days before or do it all in one
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you all so much for the help it sounds perfect to us no fuss at all. In all honestly I'm quite happy to do it all in our shorts and t shirts haha! Ive been looking at possibly doing a magic kingdom fireworks cruise afterwards or going to a restaurant in city walk maybe. We will have our daughter with us who will be 2 along with a few other family members so just looking around now for ideas for all the family
Old 1 Mar 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds lovely, I'm sure you'll have a perfect day
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I thought we'd settled on the Secret Garden but now I've seen the Tavaras pavilion I'm smitten. Very much a courthouse style wedding but the location stunning... and so cheap (for the elopement style wedding)

Even short and simple can be complicated.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I thought we'd settled on the Secret Garden but now I've seen the Tavaras pavilion I'm smitten. Very much a courthouse style wedding but the location stunning... and so cheap (for the elopement style wedding)

Even short and simple can be complicated.
We too are looking for a simple wedding. Courthouse seems okay but what you mentioned about looks like a superb alternative. Do you know if you've given time at either of these for photos after?

We mainly want courthouse style ceremony and especially photos.

We go in august. Thought we may as well tie it in with going to Florida!

Just don't know where to start!
MikeandGemma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Shhhh don't tell anyone else about that other option ... they'll all want it ! It has very limited slots and is currently quite new for the elopement ceremony. As it's right on Dora the potential for nice photos after is really good. I think it'll be really popular.

I've now looked at St Augustine where you can be married in the garden of a historic B&B too. I loved St Augustine when I visited years ago.
Having seen the courthouse set up I think it may be a bit random whether you get done by someone nice or someone who treats it like renewing car tax . Not sure I want to risk that.

I did think about getting the celebrant to come to the villa and do it by our own pool too. That's pretty cheap and most of them are on YouTube so you can pick one you like.

Tavares say yes to photos outside and secret garden you can include their photograhy for after and it's very reasonable.

Edited at 07:28 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List