Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just Back. Observations And A Seat Issue!

As per my previous posts on this subject people will know I don’t do highs and lows as I do not consider there to be lows. They are just issues to be managed and resolved. So here we go.

We flew PE with Virgin Atlantic on the 30th April and most unusually we were PE back on the 20th May. This was because just as the prices were becoming suitable to upgrade to UC for the return they chopped the flight and combined 2 flights into one and the cabin became full. Hey ho. But more of that later!

PE in the bubble on the way out. I have always disliked it up there as I find it claustrophobic, the lockers won’t take our cases and I feel you aren’t Economy but you also aren’t PE. It’s more of a halfway house. Well now I don’t dislike it I hate it!
The crew were ok but nothing special.
We stayed at SSR again but had the first night in Pop to firstly save DVC points but also to get better room options at SSR by arriving early as opposed to late in the evening
Pop was fine but it was strange to open our room door and find a plumber ‘rodding’ the loo. Oh, and the bins were still full!
Moved room in 5 mins flat. No issue.

Checked in at SSR at 11.00am the next day and had a choice of rooms so we got what we wanted. Congress Park with a view of Disney Springs

The stay was lovely but Housekeeping as usual were poor. We tip well but I defy any person on this earth to make 1 loo roll last 4 days for 3 people. Oh, and I would also like some soap, washing up liquid, tissues etc. There is a hoover in the cupboard please feel free to use it when you clean! No big problem plus I vacuum and keep the place tidy whilst my Wife does the ironing.

Had a nice Lincoln MKZ from Alamo but I never got to drive it as my Son kept the keys at all times! The downside to this was my bar bills were a lot higher.

Found the Parks to be in the main quiet. We managed 12 FP’s one day at DHS and were averaging 10 a day at the MK. Epcot we got everything we wanted even down to grabbing Frozen at 4.00pm when there was a 90-minute queue for standby.
One day in the MK we had 30 mins of rain so dived into the Country Bear Jamboree. My God will I ever get that time back! What that bunch of moth eaten things are still doing there I don’t know. I would have left if it had stopped raining!

Food ranged from good to awesome but we really must cut down on the Jiko visits as they aren’t cheap. What the heck you can’t take it with you.

The trip home!
Just waiting to board when I got called up to be told my PE seat (19C) was broken. I was therefore moved to an Economy exit seat. No point having a tantrum as I checked the seat during the flight and it was knackered. The Purser was lovely and so apologetic so I got well looked after by her. Nice Lady.
I had no issues getting what I wanted which is a free (inc. taxes) PE return flight valid for 3 years. My Wife wasn’t exactly pleased to be sat on her own but these things happen
Oh, and also the plane had no water for the bathrooms (except the loo) or coffee etc. after 3 hours as there was a huge leak and they lost the lot. How people washed their hands I don’t know. I didn’t find out until I had a mouthful of foamy toothpaste and couldn’t rinse it out. Suppose I could have got some water out of the loo at a push!
In conclusion, a great trip and back there in mid-August. With daughter and granddaughter for a while then 2 weeks’ peace and quiet with just the Wife and I

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the overview look forward to the next one, glad you got a free ticket sort of, good amount of fast passes, and already your countdown is in double digits, no I am not jealous at all 😉
Old 22 May 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Welcome back.
Except for the broken seat (but great compo) it sounds like you had a fab time... love it that you are in double digits already. 😁😎

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Dont forget to claim your EU compensation for being compulsory downgraded. The fact that Virgin gave you a free flight has nothing to do with you being able to claim as that will be in addition to your rights.

Know what you mean about the bears...
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Glad you had a good trip,shame about "the way home! Although i have never flown PE I too hate the "bubble",and they would have to pay me to stay up there! ..Never mind you can look forward to your next trip now...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Nice report - sounds like a good trip overall an excellent result with the free ticket.

Just moved my August PE seat to downstairs and put a note in diary to bring a large bottle of water on board!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Nice report - sounds like a good trip overall an excellent result with the free ticket.

Just moved my August PE seat to downstairs and put a note in diary to bring a large bottle of water on board!
I know some like the bubble and I can see why. It's quieter certainly and maybe viewed as more cosy. Just not for me!
We were moved up there as we originally had 19 A and C downstairs for the flight out, but that flight got chopped as well months before we flew. So both flights were moved to different planes.
I dont care about the flight times really but I will shift heaven and earth not to be upstairs

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Oh we are up stairs PE on the way back in December. Never been there before, thought it would be quieter and therefore good for a sleep. How small do you bags need to be? What do they do if they don't fit?

Glad everything else worked out for you.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Oh we are up stairs PE on the way back in December. Never been there before, thought it would be quieter and therefore good for a sleep. How small do you bags need to be? What do they do if they don't fit?

Glad everything else worked out for you.
We were in the front row of PE and the lockers get progressively smaller the nearer the front of the plane you are.
Ours are regulation size cabin cases and wouldn't even go two third of the way in.
There are 2 cupboards at the back of the upper cabin by the galley for those whose cases wont fit. Great when you want your headphones or iPad after a few hours and your case is at the back of the cupboard!

Old 22 May 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed it looking for a flight for August using the miles we got from United after their fiasco with us in March but the times are rubbish
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List