Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Mar 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile Christmas trip booked 2019

So, we’re booked to go over Xmas this year (DH & DS13’s dream) - we’re regular visitors to WDW & Florida in general & try to do something slightly different each time

We’re staying on site & need some suggestions on where to eat on Christmas Day (no DDP so will be paying OOP) - we’re braving it & will be heading to MK anyway on Christmas Day - god help us, but happy to eat anywhere that’s really ‘nice’ !

Any suggestions/tips ?
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
So, we’re booked to go over Xmas this year (DH & DS13’s dream) - we’re regular visitors to WDW & Florida in general & try to do something slightly different each time

Any suggestions/tips ?
I'll be watching what's suggested as I'll be there for Christmas too.
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We were there Christmas just gone and I really toyed with where to go. We have been a few times and eaten at CG, which we have always enjoyed. Anyway, whilst there I got a reservation for Tusker House and I was surprised at how good the food was, we really enjoyed our Christmas meal.

If at MK, you could try Liberty Tree Tavern, we have also had the 'holiday meal' at WCC (really good), and WL is only a boat ride away from MK, and really beautiful at Christmas time.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

We there to but booked discovery cove for day as we also didn’t know what to do,for day with it been Xmas day .
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

This was our plan for Xmas day 2017 and it worked really, really well.

We avoided the parks like the plague. We did a character breakfast at Cape May and then played crazy golf at the Fantasia gardens and miniature golf by the Swan hotel. We then spent the afternoon by the pool and finished with dinner at Cali Grill which allowed us to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

We all felt that we definately had a Disney Xmas day but without all the crowds and stress.
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We were there. We did MK at opening at 6am, then HS where we used our fastpasses and had a lovely lunch at Mama Melrose. Finally we got the boat to Epcot where we used our 4th fp for soarin and got the monorail back to the contemporary.
We had dinner at the Wave, looked great but don’t go there.
Which resort are you staying in?
I’ve just finished a full trip report from 24.12 to 4.1 which you might find useful.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post13684935
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
We did Xmas in 2015. We decided to take a non traditional approach given we wouldn’t be at home. It was also exceptionally warm that year. We booked breakfast at 7am at Crystal Palace, which meant we got to go in ahead of the several thousand people already queuing when we arrived at 6.30 and got to walk up a relatively empty Main Street. We were just about to be called into our ADR when we saw the crowds flood in. We could not believe how busy it looked. We did some rides, then went to Contemporary and Grand Floridian to see their Xmas displays and the Gingerbread house, and got a Turkey and Cranberry sandwich at Grand Floridian QS. Back to POR where we drank cocktails by the pool. Can’t remember what we did for dinner, then back to MK for Xmas Wishes... which was packed!
Very non traditional and no help at all for your Q about where to eat!
We had an incredible time though and I am sure you will too!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Heidimai
Getting Excited

Heidimai's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We ate in the Rose & Crown in 2015 as we we stayed at The Dolphin and walked into Epcot via the International Gateway to avoid the crowds. The food was traditional turkey dinner which was nice but somehow seemed not the same in Florida! Going back this Christmas but not staying onsite so no idea at present.
Mar 08 - Terra Verde + RPB,Xmas 08 - RPB + ASMu + Orlando Peabody Hotel + Disney Wonder, Nov 09Lake Berkeley + Disney Wonder, Jul 10 -Med Disney Magic, Feb 11 - Bahama Bay
Heidimai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi Disneyfreaks,

My recommendation for Christmas dinner if you are at the Magic Kingdom is the Grand Floridian cafe! We have been 3 times now for Christmas and will be going back this year as its become a family tradition. Great service and great food. Its special without being too formal.

Hope you have a great time wherever you choose!
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

We always do discovery cove on xmas day. Doing again this year.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List