Old 3 Jan 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Hope the reveal went well and that you're having a magical holiday!
Me too

Loved your pre-trip report and am amazed you managed to organise it all and let nothing slip!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dandyhighwayman
Earning More Ears

Come on... we are all desperate to hear how the reveal went!
Dandyhighwayman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Back to reality with a bump! Arrived back in the UK on Friday and back to work today - yuck!

What an absolutely amazing amazing holiday.

I will start the full write up shortly but a here's a little summary for you:

As you may have read, a week or so before Christmas day we all got struck down with Flu which went on to chest infections, vertigo, sinusitis, the works... I'll be honest, I felt so poorly the week before Xmas I actually started to regret that I had even booked the holiday. Thankfully we were perking up around 23rd and by Xmas day we were all feeling much more like ourselves!

After the usual Christmas day shenanigans of stockings and chocolate and oven juggling and chocolate and pre-midday boozing and chocolate, we got to the afternoon present opening. I had wrapped a big box labelled to my husband and kids and asked that they opened it last...I'll admit I was so bloody excited I could barely concentrate. They could feel that the box was very light which perplexed them. They opened the wrapping paper which revealed a big sign saying '3...2...1...', they opened the box and out floated the Happy New Year helium balloon with the piece of card at the bottom announcing that they would be spending New Year at LEGOLAND. Kids were very excited, husband and in-laws thought it was a great idea/had no clue that LEGOLAND even opened in winter - we spent about 5 minutes talking about the stuff they have on and the premium pass wristbands I had ordered so no queuing etc. Just as we are about to clear all the present rubbish away, I asked my 4year old son to go to his Christmas tree and see if he could find a lego-related bauble. <I had put 2 lego figures - Wonderwoman and Peter Venkman from the Ghostbusters - inside a plastic bauble and they were carrying a little Lego treasure chest>. He found the bauble and brought it over. I opened it up and asked my 6 year old daughter to look inside the treasure chest. Husband is looking confused by this point. Inside the treasure chest she finds a tiny note, rolled up which she gets out and reads aloud "Tickets only valid for LEGOLAND Florida". She turns to me and screams "are we going to Florida? ! " and I say "yep" - cue ALOT of screaming and running around. Husband in utter disbelief, looks at me and say "F@*k off, are you serious? " I say "I am as serious as the 3 half-packed suitcases hiding in the corner of our bedroom, you've got 2 days to pack because this time in 3 days we'll be on the plane"

It actually took him a couple of hours to really process it - he was in total shock. Kids were bouncing off the walls. It was worth every second of the secret, I am so so glad I didn't break through the year!

Holiday was just brilliant - weather was all over the show;first 3 days low 20's and sunny, next 2 days cloudy and rainy, following 4-5 days sunny but bitterly cold (not that it bothered us one bit but was odd walking round the parks in hats and gloves), the last 4 days mid to high 20's and gloriously warm and sunny. Beautiful to see the parks in their Christmas glory and some of the special parades and shows. Keep an eye out for the full trippie
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dandyhighwayman
Earning More Ears

Fantastic reveal! Mindbendingly tricksy. And I love the husband's reaction. Perfect.
Dandyhighwayman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh what s fantastic reveal! Well done you for keeping the secret! Looking forward to the trippie! Xx
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh the reveal sounds brilliant I'm so glad it all went well. Looking forward to the full trip report!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Only just seen this but top notch secret keeping and a lovely reaction to the reveal. Looking forward to your full trip report.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow, I cannot believe you managed to keep this a secret from your husband as well as the children! Amazing!
Old 7 May 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Awww I loved all that went into this and your big day reveal, well done for keeping strong throughout the year 👏. I've always wanted to surprise my DD but she says herself I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret 😃. Looking forward to reading your trip report.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List