Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You're right about the switch snowbelle. The travel kettle I have bought received mixed reviews but from reading them it seems people don't realise there is a switch! I'm confident it won't take an age to boil when we go in a few months. We tried using the coffee machine to heat water for tea but no matter how many times we rinsed it through, it still tasted awful. Also, how do Americans drink half and half?! I drink skimmed but can cope with semi at other places but this was just yuck 😂
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We a.ways run water through the coffee machine( just run it through a couple of times to get rid of any coffee granules) and take out the plastic part that holds the coffee pod and rinse that.
Then just use it to run the wate through and bingo no kettle needed

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
You're right about the switch snowbelle. The travel kettle I have bought received mixed reviews but from reading them it seems people don't realise there is a switch! I'm confident it won't take an age to boil when we go in a few months. We tried using the coffee machine to heat water for tea but no matter how many times we rinsed it through, it still tasted awful. Also, how do Americans drink half and half?! I drink skimmed but can cope with semi at other places but this was just yuck 😂
Half and half is for coffee not tea. When you are given it with tea in a restaurant it is because the waitress isn't used to many people ordering tea! Personally I would be asking for milk. Most Americans would wonder how you could drink coffee with skim milk when it barely colors it. My American mother was always caught by surprise when my British friends served her instant coffee with milk instead of brewed with half and half. She learned to ask for tea instead!
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We always take our Tetley tea bags but I do declare them much to the amusement of the immigration guys
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
When we went in 2017, I just assumed I could get my morning cuppa although I did take tea bags as I like the ones I use.
After getting desperate, I tried Walmart but all their cheaper kettles were out of stock so this year I have bought a travel kettle which hopefully won't take too long to boil. I'll try it out when we get there so I know how early I need to kick hubby out of bed to stick it on 😂
I’m just back from POR and took my teabags,but then like you couldn’t use them. The hot water in the food court is not hot enough for tea neither is what comes out of the coffee machines in the room. By the time we got to our villa on day 8 I was desperate for tea. Definitely taking a kettle next time
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Teabags are a must. Either take a travel kettle or buy a cheap one there. I agree with everyone else, the coffee maker does not make a good cuppa.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

They had loads of tea bags in the food court in CBR the last trip we went on and milk or half n half (same at other Disney resorts we’ve stayed in).

You can make a cup/mug there or back in your room.

You can use the coffee machine in the room but take out the coffee filter otherwise it’ll taste of coffee, then it’ll just give you boiled water
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List