Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Apr 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Grocery delivery fee, effectively immediately

See here, more nickel and diming dvcnews/index.php/dvc-pr...y-delivery-fee

Given that it appears the fee is for delivery to the room, and given that guests effectively pay the bell staff wages with tips, I am assuming they will give this money to bell staff who are on minimum wage, and thus there will be no requirement for me to tip anymore.

Otherwise it would be charging me for nothing, to basically line Disney’s pockets, and expecting me to pay their staff proper wages twice.
Old 7 Apr 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Already a thread about it here...
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1122494
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Apparently, it was getting out of hand with bell services spending more time delivering groceries than luggage. I sort of see the point of this, but I doubt Disney will give the money to the CM sadly, and they will probably get stiffed on tips now as well.
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Like all of us who are DVC Owners we pay our dues to cover the costs of a host of things such as Front Desk, Maintenance, Housekeeping and of course Bell Services.

My view is that additional income is now being achieved by DVC and therefore I want my dues reduced by a percentage as it pertains to this new windfall.

Of course there is more chance of a pig flying but we should fight these things.

As we know it's $6 now. Disney will creep this up to $10 within 3 years.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

This isn't just a DVC thing. It is happening across all resorts as said above. it was getting out of hand.
The odd one or 2 and it would have left but I did read somewhere that in some resorts its nearly 30% of all room deliveries. Its the same sort of reasons why Disney started charging to receive parcels as it was getting out of hand and costing them too much money and time to deal with.

If you want groceries deliveries then make sure you are available to receive them at the front desk when it arrives..

Bell services for luggage is still free...

Edited at 08:11 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I wonder why Disney haven't jumped on the food delivery bandwagon themselves? If so much is being received then surely financial logic is provide the service yourself.
That way you can provide a one stop service to your Guests.

Years ago DVC Members could download a grocery request list and fax it back with what you wanted. That died a death.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I was under the impression that they already did? Isn't that what this is? disneyvacationclub.disney.go...grocery-order/

They mentioned it when I spoke to member services at the end of last year so I assume it's still going.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I wonder why Disney haven't jumped on the food delivery bandwagon themselves? If so much is being received then surely financial logic is provide the service yourself.
That way you can provide a one stop service to your Guests.

Years ago DVC Members could download a grocery request list and fax it back with what you wanted. That died a death.
Hi Tom, I imagine they know it's cheaper and easier to let the delivery company do all the work whilst they charge for taking it to the room once it's all ready. It's a win-win really for them.

On the one hand, I can understand them charging because of the logistics of proper handling and storage of perishables and wonder if it's actually to deter people from ordering. On the other hand, I understand that DVC members pay a lot in dues and should expect things like this to be covered.

As a delivery company ourselves, we usually ensure we can deliver and meet the customer and not leave groceries or packages with the bellhop at any resort or hotel and that should be part of any personal shopper service.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Hi Tom, I imagine they know it's cheaper and easier to let the delivery company do all the work whilst they charge for taking it to the room once it's all ready. It's a win-win really for them.

On the one hand, I can understand them charging because of the logistics of proper handling and storage of perishables and wonder if it's actually to deter people from ordering. On the other hand, I understand that DVC members pay a lot in dues and should expect things like this to be covered.

As a delivery company ourselves, we usually ensure we can deliver and meet the customer and not leave groceries or packages with the bellhop at any resort or hotel and that should be part of any personal shopper service.
I have viewed your website and also spoken to a few people about your service and I must say it's excellent. I hope this doesn't impact on you too much. Fingers crossed.

This actually wont effect us as we always hire a car and just hit Publix hard the first morning and do bits thereafter as needed.
Of course if people who do use a delivery company do that they could end with multiple $6 charges being imposed.

Your business model of meeting Guests where possible is far better than a bigger Company that just delivers as and when and thus dumps it on Bell Services.

However I still think Disney is penny pinching again and not focusing on providing excellent customer service for visitors who are already paying big bucks for a room that cannot by any stretch of the imagination be described as the best in Orlando

Old 8 Apr 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I was under the impression that they already did? Isn't that what this is? disneyvacationclub.disney.go...grocery-order/

They mentioned it when I spoke to member services at the end of last year so I assume it's still going.
Wow, thought that had gone. Very very expensive plus a $10 service charge.

I suspect the Personal Shopping companies have overtaken them because of better choices, cheaper prices, better service.