Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Sep 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Without dining plan I'd take cereal bars and tea/coffee probably plus powdered milk. Most snacks like crisps etc will be smashed by the time you get there in my experience.

If staying at Disney I believe most of the food courts have microwaves (post covid no idea if this is still the case) so you could in theory also buy porridge sachets and make with hot water. I'd also pay for the drink cup package thing as this will save you money in the long run.

Also I would take a water bottle and one of the small travel squash bottles as Disney has loads of water fountains and this can save money on drinks.

With the pod machines in some hotel rooms I tend to use to just boil the water i.e. don't put a pod in and the water will come up boiled.
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Generally just teabags, DH has sometimes packed a couple of boxes of cereal bars.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We travel very light, generally, but not always hand baggage only (especially on vacations involving multi cities with internal flights). We never go over around 12-13kg per bag these days in any case.
My wife insists on taking teabags and that is it. All cosmetics, fluids etc have to be compliant with security requirements and therefore she picks up Clinique and other girly stuff when the special offers come round that involve small quantities as gifts.
We have a shop on arrival, picking up Cheap towels, Liquids etc etc that we have not taken out with us. We do not bring them home.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

The only things we take are suntan lotion (my wife has sensitive skin so has to be careful which brand she uses) and Robinsons Shots to put in water bottles.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

For the Villa I take:

Tea/coffee
Ketchup/mayo
squash (i dont like the super concentrate squeezy ones)
bin bags
washing up liquid
toiletries
sandwich bags
biscuits/cereal bar

I know it sounds daft but food isnt cheap out there and i can fit it all in a suitcase without it going overweight and in Aldi those things are all dirt cheap (not teabags they have to be Twinnings and Yorkshire!) I might take cereal next time too. I dont like all the sugar stuff out there
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We just took tea bags last time as we were staying in hotels + had DDP during the Disney stay. My OH insisted on declaring the Yorkshire tea on arrival to the US and the bemused immigration officer mentioned you could indeed get tea bags in America (but not Yorkshire tea and we are tea snobs )

If I was staying in a villa I think I would try and find out what they provided in terms of bin bags / fairy liquid etc as you don't want to be buying a load to then chuck in the bin or feel like you need to bring back.

Anything else like ketchup / cereal bars etc I would buy out there - unless there's a particular brand we like (eg Yorkshire tea) that you couldn't get out there.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I always bring teabags! And a small portable travel kettle (lately it's been a really tiny collapsible one) as I usually stay on site and they never have a kettle.

Otherwise I'll bring along some chocolate and sweets, and maybe some cereal bars for breakfast if I'm in a hurry or forgot to get breakfast the previous day. Last year I stopped over in London on my way to Orlando and picked up a couple tubs of M&S cornflake clusters/rocky road to snack on if I wanted to (didn't in the end though so brought them back home).

I always do a supermarket shop near the start of the trip to buy things like Diet Coke (or similar), crisps, biscuits, chocolate, etc!
Old 23 Sep 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I don't take anything at all as far as foodstuffs or tea goes (don't much like tea anyway). I'm only there for a maximum of two maybe three weeks so I can happily manage with whatever I get there.
lov2dibb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that for us, being in a foreign country includes partaking in the whole ‘cultural experience’ and therefore we try to eat as locals might.

For instance, if I was in Spain, the very last places you would ever find me would be there Irish bar’, Linekers, ‘the British Pub’ , in a bar watching Premier League football or eating a ‘Full English’. I can do that at my local Wetherspoons... I think.

Tea is of course an exception for my wife.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:15 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Tea bags, box of biscuits from M&S, a mug and teaspoon (I don’t use those supplied in the room).

That’s it. For everything else I go native.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List