Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Aug 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mine say they expire 18 May 2021. I upgraded from UK tickets - anyone have any clue what I’d get back? If I get to go Xmas or Easter I’ll still have had 2 trips, not sure what I’d get back though or to take the gamble.
If you do the total cost of the pass divided by 365 times by the number of days between 11th July and 18th May 2021 that would be the amount roughly assuming they are doing what they said they are i.e. calculating it as the numbers of days left on pass from 11th July.

Now assuming you have a Platinum Pass then roughly this would be $1100 according to my calculation. It all depends though what pass you upgraded to and whether they work anything out for the amount upgraded. There is a chance that for those of us who upgraded they may just return out upgrade price as in theory we would have paid the other price anyway for the pass but I don't think any of us really know until the refunds are processed which they are saying will be in September.

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Some U.K. banks just won’t accept US dollar cheques at all - mine (Lloyd’s) charged me I think around £30 last time I paid one in a few years ago.
Interesting. I'm going to have a look and see if I can find info on what my bank does! Thanks
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Has anyone managed to work out the usable value...
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m hoping mine just goes back on my cc. It’s not changed from when I paid for the passes with it and is stored on my Disney account.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
If you do the total cost of the pass divided by 365 times by the number of days between 11th July and 18th May 2021 that would be the amount roughly assuming they are doing what they said they are i.e. calculating it as the numbers of days left on pass from 11th July.

Now assuming you have a Platinum Pass then roughly this would be $1100 according to my calculation. It all depends though what pass you upgraded to and whether they work anything out for the amount upgraded. There is a chance that for those of us who upgraded they may just return out upgrade price as in theory we would have paid the other price anyway for the pass but I don't think any of us really know until the refunds are processed which they are saying will be in September.

Interesting. I'm going to have a look and see if I can find info on what my bank does! Thanks
Yes It’s platinum but DVC discount price and an upgrade. If it was just the upgrade price definitely not worth it.
I was discussing with Mrs YT last night. I think we paid something like $350 to upgrade for each pass. So if we get the Easter trip in, we are still quids in. Of course we lose out if we don’t get any trip in. Then though there is the renewal cost vs the new purchase cost- if you cancel I take it they won’t offer renewal any more?
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post

Its not based on what you paid for the upgrade. Our DD got more back than what she paid to upgrade for the partial refund for the 117 closure days.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve still not received ours.

Out of curiosity how do they know your address if they are sending a cheque?
I’m hoping mine just goes back onto my credit card

I did call them 3 weeks ago and they did say it’s being processed but can’t tell me when or how much.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
We’ve still not received ours.

Out of curiosity how do they know your address if they are sending a cheque?
I’m hoping mine just goes back onto my credit card

I did call them 3 weeks ago and they did say it’s being processed but can’t tell me when or how much.
Your contact information is in your profile on MDE.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

2 passes on my profile both paid with different cards, one had the partial refund, the other has not. The new info on Disney website seems to say this will be taken into account with the refund

disneyworld/faq/pa...pening-refund/

Partial Refund Eligibility/Calculation

The refund amount, if any, for each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, activation date, etc.
If the total amount that you paid for your pass(es) (minus any refunds already given and any payments waived, returned or not collected) exceeds the “usable value” (see below) of your pass(es), that excess will be refunded to you.
The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.
If you made a payment between July 11, 2020 and August 11, 2020 or a payment between March 14, 2020 and April 4, 2020 that was not already refunded, your refund will be at least the amount of any such payment(s).

As usual with Disney it's not easy to work out...
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think the first multiplied above shoud be a Divide... I'm confused!
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

My head hurts working this out but basically.

My pass was activated Nov 30 last year, parks were closed March 18 - no of days =107 days
I paid $744 for a gold pass 744*107 = 79608
divide that by 366 days (leap year) = $217

$744- 217 = a refund of $527 - Less the refund I had in July of $229 = 298

The only thing I haven't taken into consideration is the Xmas blackout on the Gold pass, that may affect the calc so number of days I could have used the pass may be lot less.