Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Mar 15, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 6 - Typoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney

Here's the link for my pre-trip report and the previous days.

Report Index

Well I had a first today, I stayed in bed until 7:30am! Perhaps my body was finally accepting Florida time? Here’s hoping!
Today was a slow start. We had tea and breakfast and just generally took it slow. We were off to Typhoon Lagoon today for our first waterpark visit. Tom packed the cooler box full of frozen water, cans of pop and small snacks. We must’ve been out at about 9ish and headed to Publix first.

We’d decided to get wraps and sandwiches made up at the deli counter. This was mainly so that we didn’t need to spend any time queuing through the day but also to give our bodies a break from the constant heavy food. We picked up some other bits for day and for the villa too.

We were at Typhoon Lagoon and parked up before opening. We walked through the park and waited on the bridge for the official opening time. Once through, we found a lovely spot near the wave pool and dumped our stuff.

We had a wander around and did a couple of slides together, we had loads of fun on gangplank falls.

After a couple of circuits on the lazy river, Samantha and I gave up and headed back to our loungers for a rest. We relaxed and drank our water, we really enjoyed the music in this park! After a little doze we headed back out to the lazy river.

We had a great time laughing at people trying to get into their rings! To be fair I’m sure others laughed at us trying just as much, but seriously, I could float around there all day watching!

We met back up at the loungers for some lunch. It was all yummy and very filling too. We were so glad that we had gone through the effort of getting them this morning. Tom and Aaron had spent the last couple of hours exploring and going on as many slides as possible, they were having a great day so far!

We wandered to the wave pool and Tom was the first one in. He decided on the middle of the pool for his first go and boy did he regret it! He was knocked over immediately and landed on his back. It looked like somebody had grated his skin! We eventually decided to join in but thought that we would play it safe in the shallower part of the pool. We picked a spot were the waves crash, sort of knee height. Oh my God, it was just as bad there! The three of us were knocked over and sent right up to the beach!

Luckily Aaron only had a graze. I bashed my knee and ruined my bikini with the lovely sandpaper type floor. Sam had it worst off though. She’d really hurt her elbow. I think she must have landed on it and then dragged it on the floor, anyway the amount of blood was enough to keep her out of the wave pool. We did some more swimming and explored more of the slides. We liked crush ‘n’ gusher the most, we did this one quite a bit.

At about 2:30pm we packed up and headed out. As we were so close I suggested that we nip over to Downtown Disney for ice cream.

We walked through and got a table at Ghiradellis. We loved Downtown Disney, it ended up being one of our favourite places. We had a sundae each, they were all delicious but we never finished them!

We had a good look in the Lego shop. Aaron was in awe!

We made the decision to come back and pick up some of Aaron's Christmas presents which even with paying for extra luggage would save us a fortune.

Aaron decided to spend some of his money in the once upon a toy shop. He spent ages playing and trying on hats! He eventually settled on a build your own droid set. Two R2D2’s basically.

Tom and I nipped to the Christmas shop while Sam and Aaron got some drinks.

We had all really caught the sun today and we could feel it now! I bought a couple of decorations from the Christmas shop and we went back to find Samantha.

We sat on a bench and let Aaron run free in the fountains. He had such a great time, he was chasing the water around for ages, he had the place completely to himself and it was one of the best times of the holiday! We were happy to spot that the fountains were a hidden Mickey too.

With all of the rushing around and planning it can be easy to forget that you are on holiday, but this finally felt like it – Disney Magic!

The next hour or two were not our finest hour. We were still struggling to find a cash machine to withdraw money and we were now running low. We had been paying with the card but I wanted to use cash as much as possible to help keep on track of the spends. Anyway, off we trotted to find one. Thus ensued a long journey up and down the 192 trying various cash machines to no avail. The problem wasn’t too obvious because each machine said something different! Tensions were high as we were all hot and sunburned, but mostly because we were hungry. We eventually gave up and headed back to villa.

Problems aside now, we decided to order a takeaway and have an early night. I ordered from the Pizza Hut website after having a little look on the internet. It took around 40mins to arrive. We all had showers and relaxed while we waited. The food was delicious. We had mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce, boneless BBQ wings, boneless parmesan wings and a large BBQ chicken pizza – all delicious!

We were all full now so we started to get ready for the morning. I ironed our clothes and got the tickets together. Aaron had been nagging Samantha all week for a sleep over in her big bed, and tonight was the night!

Me and Tom had a couple of drinks and a chat about the holiday so far and headed to bed ourselves. Even with the trouble with the cash machines, it was one of our favourite days so far

Edited at 01:02 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 15, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day taking it slowly can't beat ghiradelli's love the ice cream

Joan
Old 16 Mar 15, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Fab day... it's amazing how many people cut themselves on that floor at Typhoon Lagoon!
Old 16 Mar 15, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ice cream ... looks fab !

Lovely photos !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 15, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What a good day. That floor at TL is a nightmare.
Thanks for posting.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That wave is a killer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

What a great day! You do have to watch with that waves though! Ouch!

Sounds like you had a lovely time at DTD! Moments like that are often the best aren't they

Oh I do hope you managed to sort out your card problem!

Yummy pizza!

Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List