Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

The MNSSHP tickets are usually available at the gate except when crowds are high however if you want to enjoy the park after closing time(usually 7pm) you will need proof of purchase to enjoy the park and the shows and don’t forget the trick or treat trail which is very popular and kids get to dress up for it too. There will be lots of snacks available to buy that aren’t out before the party only during it. You can also see some rarer characters on the part nights too and you can have your photos taken with them. Often the Photopass photographers have taken photos for people on guests phones just show them how to take the photo on your phone. You will also get wrist bands at the check in podium at the beginning of the truck or treat trail and you will be given a starter bag of candy too( don’t worry they have allergy friendly alternatives too). Before deciding though you need to work out if your child will stay awake long enough to enjoy the party but remember the park is often less busy than the usual park nights ( not quiet )but you will need to arrange where to have a car meet you to get back to your resort if you are not stopping onsite. However onsite Disney buses run after the parties up to an hour after they close down.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

1. For MNSSHP have a look at vlogs on YouTube and see if it's for you or not. We decided we didn't want to pay out for it last August. We did attend MK on a day when MNSSHP was on - we had an early breakfast at BOG, rope dropped some rides, had lunch, watched parade, a few more rides and were done in the park by about 3pm and heading for a swim at the hotel. In August it was only on Tuesdays and Fridays (it would for sure be on Saturdays as well at least in October) but you can park hop to another park if needed and see Happily Ever After a different night.
2. Starwars stuff - possibly the boarding system will still be in operation of RoR by October, but nobody knows yet. If still in operation I would suggest doing in your first couple of days when you are up early with jet lag. Smuggler's run you should be able to get FP for and StarTours you can always get Fp for.
3. Get an Uber. Super easy and just request it on the app when you are packed up and ready to go. There's loads of them circling around WDW. If hotel is in Orlando/Kissimmee area it won't be anything close to $50.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

As a first timer I wouldn't bother paying for MNSSHP as you will be overloaded with everything else you see!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

1. MNSSHP will be on three or four times a week. It is advisable to go to MK during the daytime when there will be a party later, if you go on during daytime when there isn’t a party later it will be much busier. If you want to watch HEA in the parks, you will have to brave it on a non party evening but be prepared for it to be busy, I would just go for the show.

2. There are three Star Wars rides, an old one and two new ones. With the latest being so new, it is really impossible to say what it will be like in October and how east it will be do that one, I am sure you will easily manage the other two.

3. If you are staying onsite, I a not sure why your TA has not told you about the Magical Express, a free transfer bus. You can only get it if it coincides with your resort booking. I don’t use ME myself, I get a taxi and it is about $70 or so.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Welcome!

1) Everyone has given great advice regarding MNSSHP.
Have a look on YouTube and see if its something you're interested in. If you are going i'd recommend buying a ticket in advance.
Also as someone has said Seaworld have Halloween activities on during the day which is included with your admission ticket, you dont need a separate one.

2) As most people have said there will be no telling about crowds for the new Star Wars ride (Rise of the Resistance) in October but both other Star Wars rides should be completely fine. As you're staying onsite you can book Fastpasses for these rides 60 days in advance

3) Travel from the airport to your Disney hotel (if you are staying there first) can be done for free via Magical Express! You have to book this in advance though.
Travelling from one hotel to the other I would recommend Uber or Lyft! They are taxi apps for your phone and all paid for via the app. Prices are super reasonable on there. Defo less than $50!

Hope this site is super helpful for you! Any other questions just let us know

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

don't bother paying extra for the MNSSHP ticket , seriously as you are first timers you will be overwhelmed with everything else , and you have no idea of just how exhausted you will be trying to cram everything in. Just plan a fireworks night around the dates.
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
1. MNSSHP - I've done it a few times the last time I didnt enjoy it - far too crowded and queues were unbelieveable - 3 hours to ride some rides and just as long for the characters - deffo dont think its worth the price they ask for now but people seem to enjoy it - personally as its your first visit i would skip it. It will be on 3-4 nights so you will still have a couple of nights when it isnt on - personally I would just do another park in the day go back to the hotel and chill for a couple of hours and then head to MK one evening when MNSSHP isnt on to see the fireworks.

As others have said SeaWorld and Busch Gardens both have trick or treating trail and activities on during October - however these are only on during the weekend not during the week (Seaworld Spooktacular and cant remember what the BG one is called) they have lots of extra characters out and about, some games like ring toss and hay trail maze etc where you win stickers with animals on, they also have a candy trail where you can go get a load of candy. Its including in your ticket admission and its very busy so aim to get there early. We did both the SW and BG one last year with my niece and she loved it (shes older but autistic) and we all got a lot of candy. You can dress up for these but you cant have any face paint or masks on (u can get your face painted in the park but cant have it done before coming in). You can bring your own bag for candy or they sell them at all the carts and shops in the park for 99c with the money going to conservation. BG also has howl-o-scream on certain nights where it closes early and turns into a scare zone similar to Universal but much better and scarier and not child friendly but this isnt until around 6pm and if your using the free BG transport your gone by then anyways

2. Use magical express - you can book it in the my disney experience app and its free to get to your hotel.

to get from your disney hotel to your second one just use uber or lift. if theres a bunch of you and u have cases book an xl it will be $15-20 - from i drive to mco airport its $35-40 for an xl uber (we always get the xl to fit in the wheelchair and walking frames and our cases!)

getting around whislt on site use the disney buses or other transport - off site use lyft/uber or the lynx bus system which are all cheap and easy to use

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List