Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraEx
Helping Mickey

Mobile Glasgow airport

Hi, was just wondering if someone could advise whether they think, as long as there's no delays, we'd make a train from Glasgow central at 9am when we land at 615am? I've not done a long haul flight before so I've no idea how long it takes, on average, to get out of the airport, thanks!
LauraEx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Easily. There's a bus service straight into Glasgow city centre but I'm unsure of timings. However let's say you're out the airport for 7, even 7.30 at the latest, taxis queued right outside will get you to Glasgow central for 8am
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Its a bit unpredictable like all airports and Glasgow isn't always properly resourced. Breaking it down you might expect the following:

15mins to disembark and walk to border control
20 mins at Border control depending on staffing or working scanners
20 mins at luggage carousel

By this point you are around the 7.30ish mark as you leave the airport.

If grabbing a taxi from the entrance, this is just the beginning of rush hour and can get very congested on the M8 into Glasgow. Its a 25 min journey which can take an hour or more if unlucky. (Personally I'd use one of the local private hire firms - far cheaper. IM me if you want some info on local choices)

So assuming you are out of the airport by 7.30 and have a rotten journey into Glasgow, you still ought to be at the station for around 8.30. Just needs 5 mins to get to the platform

So definitely do-able. But if you are super-unlucky and land late, or get unusual delays in the airport, or theres a bump on the M8, it becomes squeaky bum time.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree it's definitely doable but as Persnicketty says, the M8 can be a nightmare at that time unless it's school holiday time in which case it should be fine
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Looks like it's the October week - you'll be absolutely fine
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraEx
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks everyone. We land on a Saturday so I'm hoping traffic shouldn't be too bad!
LauraEx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LauraEx View Post
Thanks everyone. We land on a Saturday so I'm hoping traffic shouldn't be too bad!
Weekend? Definitely no issue 😁
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
worst comes to it and there is a problem on the M8, you can always take a taxi in to Paisley and the train from there to Glasgow Central.

I'm sure the taxi drivers all know ways round the M8 anyway

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Weekend, will be easily done...midweek heading from the airport is a nightmare just now due to bridge works near the airport.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I imagine that will be more than enough time. Not trying to make you worried but my experience is in Glasgow airport is it was takes longer to get your luggage. Seems to take them ages for them to get them from the plane to you!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List