Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 09, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to DLP 5 times and always had all our days on the one ticket.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by twinstarzeon View Post
This was our first time to Disneyland Resort Paris and can truly say, we were astonished at the lack of customer service.
Hi - Sorry to hear about your nasty experience. You seem to have met a string of unhelpful CM's?

However you seem to have made an error. You say above in your letter you have never been to DLP as its your first time, yet our signature reveals otherwise ?

DLP Davey Crockett - June 2009!
Highlands Reserve - Sept 2008.
Off site DLP - June 2006, Santa FE DLP - June 1998

Sounds like leger are rather disrespected at DLP for being cheap ?

Denise
Old 23 Jun 09, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
However you seem to have made an error. You say above in your letter you have never been to DLP as its your first time, yet our signature reveals otherwise ?
Denise
Strange because in the first part of the original post it does say they have been twice before

quote;
Hi all. Im not sure if this is the right place but I have just come back from DLP and it was a nightmare! The last 2 times were fine but please read my letter of complaint.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Manesty
Excited about Disney

Hi
I think what the op means is that she has been twice before but for the rest of the group it was their first time.
Manesty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

LOL - Being a lawyer I am just sooooo picky about even the tiniest mistaken detail - I can't help myself !

Thinking about it when Chris and I have pin traded at DLP the CM's always act like you are trying to have them over ! They always want to choose their own pin from our lanyards even though the rules say we choose the pin! Really annoying and so un disney like. :angry:
Old 24 Jun 09, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

A quick read of Trip advisor and a look at the pictures shows that this place is in fact "The Pits"

The thing about tripadvisor is it is totally independant and isnt bias. Many sites people only post if its negative.

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I think that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation; I've done loads and loads of research on this and other forums, books etc and this is the first thread I've read anything negative about the accomodation at Davy Crockett (other than the one-bed bungalows are a bit old/tired now and the cooker isn't much to behold!).
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Hi
I am so sorry that you had a horrible experience at Disney and I do hope that you get it sorted out, I can't imagine how your children would have felt - not being able to go into disneyland I know mine would be devasted!

I have been 8 times - and really - the hygene and cleanliness does leave alot to be desired... I have been to the davy crocket once and it was ok, but we have never stayed there again. I think if you had booked through disney then they may have told you about the facilities being closed as it is always in their brochure and on the website ( insmall print though!)
I hope that you get it all sorted out and I don't think I would settle for anything less than another Disney Trip!
I don't think DLP are very good at handling complaints - just My opinion from when we have been
( I do think that you do get the odd hygene problems in hotels all over the world - and I was horrified to read about someone who stayed at the Luxor - i stayed there too!)
I think if we all read trip advisor then we wouldnt go anywhere!
Jo
x

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
The thing about tripadvisor is it is totally independant and isnt bias. Many sites people only post if its negative.
Tripadvisor is independent but it isn't unbiased. If 100 people visit a hotel and 1 has a bad experience, the likelihood is that the 1 with the bad experience will post a negative review on Tripadviser, whereas the other 99 simply will not be bothered to post any type of review because they are happy with what they received and can't be bothered. That's life.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Tripadvisor is independent but it isn't unbiased. If 100 people visit a hotel and 1 has a bad experience, the likelihood is that the 1 with the bad experience will post a negative review on Tripadviser, whereas the other 99 simply will not be bothered to post any type of review because they are happy with what they received and can't be bothered. That's life.
To go away from the OP, I completely agree with this comment. Personally as I use the site to check out hotels, I ALWAYS take 10 minutes out to do a reveiw (usually positive) that may possibly help another holidaymaker make a decision.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Im sorry your accomodation wasnt up to scratch, that is the main bone of contention I would have had. I've been to DLRP a few times and never had anything but good service, It does really seem to depend on who you get and when. (I would even say "and how you deal with the complaint", but I dont know you so wouldnt want to generalise, please dont take that as a slur)

I can see one part in your letter that would probably mean it thrown in the bin without any further heed paid to it. Namely:

Originally Posted by twinstarzeon View Post
If we were notified in English (All of the information on the tickets were in French), considering this is EuroDisney not FrenchDisney
Errr.. No... Its DisneyLand Resort Paris... It hasnt been eurodisney for a few years... thats Paris as in France... where they speak french.. ;-). You wouldnt go to Spain or Greece and expect to speak English and eat fish and chips would you ;-)

Hope you get some recompense, but (and not that cheap in necessarily bad) You get what you pay for, sorry..
Closed Thread