Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 06, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I've just uploaded the first part of our trip report which has loads of usefull info for anyone thinking of travelling by Ryanair.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...990#post715990
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 06, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've been going to DLP since my daughter was born as I couldn't bear the thought of the 9 hour flight with her! We only go for 4 nights at a time but it gives me (and her now!) a much-needed Disney fix every now and again (my husband isn't quite so enthusiastic!).

We've found it a perfect way to introduce her to Disney and she absolutely loves it - thank God!

I've found dlrp.co.uk and dlpuog.co.uk really useful sites for info. on everything from accommodation to restaurants to character meet n' greets to parade times etc. etc.!

Hope this is useful!
Old 8 Apr 06, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

First part of our DLP videos and trip reports and restaurant reviews is now on the blog below( fully illustrated)...

on the last trip in march we used RStransports.com to get us from the airport to the resort... Superb service, met us at the arrivals hall and dropped us at the door of the hotel, they were there to pick us up again at the hotel exactly at the time we wanted... A little pricey, but excellent stress free timesaver...

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi All
I have stayed at disneyland paris, at the Santa fa hotel. I would go back again, if i was not going to WDW.
worth a visit. But food prices are £££££ very exspensive. Take sweet and snacks for the kids. water bottles to refill at water fountains. It sounds strange, but will save a small fortune, on hot days.
your
michelle
Old 22 Apr 06, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
piglets pal
Apprentice Imagineer

piglets pal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
have to agree with tracyjayne re the euro star and the rudeness of people not queing.

Eurostar to the gates is amazing and you can get your tickets on board and leave your luggage at the disney express check in desk in the station and it will be taken to your room for you.

not queing or turn taking was maddening we only experienced it in AUG 05 and not DEC 03 or 04. my son had been twice in the dec aged 3 and 4 and totally in love with the charecters but in AUG 05 (still aged 4) was refusing to go near as older children were being shoved in front of him by the parents! he was desperate for autographs and ended up being held in DH arms and i have to admit that the charecters tended to notice the children waiting patiently and made the effort to move towards him. Dare i say that the people trying to take turns were mostly from the UK...

to add to that when he got jessies autograph her face was covered and i mean covered in pen marks where pens were being shoved in her face... what is that about
DLRP Dec 03 & 04 Santa Fe Aug 05,Sequoia Lodge Oct 07 Cheyenne, Jan 09 Santa Fe
piglets pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 06, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi all. We've been to DLP for the last 2 years, at the end of March (not this year mind, we're off to WDW instead!). On both of these occasions we stayed in the Newport Bay Hotel and travelled by Eurostar.
We took advantage of the extra night and kids go free promotions both times.
Both times we travelled, was Wednesday to Saturday.
We were unable to get the Disney express from Waterloo, having to change at Lille for the TGV. The interchange is very fast and efficient. From Lille to DLP there about 4 stops only. The train continues on to the South of France and can be quite busy. The trains were very cean and all seats are allocated. There are clear signs on the platforms about where to stand for your particular seat number.
Arriving at DLP and leaving the station brings you to a wide plaza. From here you can turn right into the Main Park, go straight ahead into the Studios, turn left into the Disney entertainment plaza or catch the free shuttle to the hotel. It's very well planned.
The Newport Bay hotel is huge. Apparently the largest hotel in Europe, so checkin can get a bit busy at peak times.
Rooms were clean, average sized, typical Disney. One tip, wherever you are palnning to eat, make reservations! our first night we never did, and all restaurants in the NEwport Bay, Hotel New York and Santa Fe were booked. Ended up on room service! Another tip. Try for upgrade to the Admirals floor, as you get 24 hour room service and dedicated checkin.
Walk to the parks from this hotel is about 10 mins around the lake.
Best thing about going this time of year (March) is the crowds, or lack of them rather. Last year, we had went of the Thunder Mountain railroad 8 times straight around, no queue. However, on the day of departure, the queue time for this ride was showing 120minutes! Paris comes out to play at the weekends. One final note about travelling this time of year. It's VERY cold (4 inches of snow last year!) but this meant that at the Character parade in the Studios, there were barely 200 hundred watching. very cold but well worth it.
Hope this is of some use.
Old 21 May 06, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
As you may, or may not, know at WDW a CM can take your photo and if you pose with your hands cupped, they will edit in Tink. It looks as though she is fluttering away in your hands! Apparently, they do the same at DLP - only just found out and am V V excited for DD as she will love this when we go in Sept!

Edited to say that the person who told me this must have got confused with WDW - so they don't do it! Sorry!

Edited at 09:59 PM.
sarahc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 06, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cerigirl
VIP Dibber

cerigirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
:) My DLP travel tips from 2002

Hi there

I love DLP too - last went in 2002, just after the studios opened and am returning in November this year for 4 days.

My advice is to really concentrate on enjoying how close everything is - there are no long distances to walk between parks and the hotels are all within walking distance (the on-site ones that is), so it is easy in the evenings to get back and fall into bed! (Feet killing you!)

I would highly recommend The Blue Lagoon restuarant inside Pirates, it really is gorgeous and the food is superb. You would believe you were out in the Bayou underneath the stars. Our waiter was so efficient and really took the time with our then 2 year old to make her feel special.

DLP is great for a quick Disney fix and without the long flight and really hot weather of Florida, which can be very draining. Although, it has to be said... WDW is so vast you get a much more full-on feeling when you are there, that's hard to beat.

Hotel Santa Fe is ok, we stayed there last time, but no air con in rooms and the longest walk to the parks. Rooms are a slightly boring and were a little tired (may have been spruced up by now) and the breakfast is a bit like a bun fight at busy periods (we went in mid July). Next time, we are going to stay at the Sequoia Lodge, simply because of the swimming pool and hoping the breakfast/room is better. One good thing DLP does is you can get a free Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast one hour before the park opens. Just mention it when booking and you can enter the park, have your breakfast in Fantasyland and then enjoy the rides before everyone else! (only is you stay in a Disney Hotel)
Hope this all helps someone - keep dreaming! Happy Disney Holidays, wherever you go! They are all Wonderful!

1988 - November - Stouffer Resort
1989 - February - Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - September - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - November - Villa Sorrento/Boardwalk Villas
2009 - December - AKV/OKW/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach!

2013 - December - Glenbrook/Vero Beach/AKV Kidani Village
2016 - Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs
2018 - December - Bahama Bay
2020 - December - Bahama Bay/Vero Beach
2021 - September - Copper Creek/Polynesian
cerigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 06, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

hi

a few Qs about DLP

are you able to take food in with you ? or do they check your bags etc?

does anyone know what times its open in mid oct ? ive looked on the DLP site but only gives times up to sept 30th

TIA

Rach x
Old 20 Aug 06, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Best place to eat in DLP

Hi!

I have just returned from DLP (staying at the Seq. Lodge - OK, have stayed in better). Enjoyed DLP but thought it was very, very expensive. Best place to eat without doubt is Walts on Main Street, we ate there 3 out of 4 nights. 25 euros for a sumptious 2 course meal - and if you time it right you can watch the wishes parade go past as you eat!

Catshorsey girl

A must see for DLP - The Tarzan show - WOW!
Closed Thread