Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 14, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rochelley78
New Poster (4)

:) Photopass

Seems very strange that some people can get it and others can't.

Apparently they recieved notification today that it was no longer available, as it was only a trial. They did go and double check with a supervisior to see if it could be added to my package, but was told no as I missed the cut off date.

I was then told the only way I might be able to get it, is to ask when I check in at the hotel, as they might still have some available.

I will try again tomorrow. :)
rochelley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 14, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rochelley78 View Post
Seems very strange that some people can get it and others can't.

Apparently they recieved notification today that it was no longer available, as it was only a trial. They did go and double check with a supervisior to see if it could be added to my package, but was told no as I missed the cut off date.

I was then told the only way I might be able to get it, is to ask when I check in at the hotel, as they might still have some available.

I will try again tomorrow.
It's definitly not a trial. It was being trialed as far back as june. Then was officially released for sale at the start of this Month. I know people that have it added for trips as far away as March. So if I were you I would call again and just say you want to pay to add it into your package. You did book direct with disney? Anyway the packages are for sale in most of the shops in the park and also at the hotels too. So you can buy it there, it's just discounted if you pre book it. It's for sale in the park at €49.99

Eta.
That's my email confirmation come through showing booking modification and that photopass plus is added to my booking and the pack will be handed to me on check in at hotel.

I think they maybe misheard you? Or just didn't have a clue as I know two other people that have booked it today one arrives at DLP on Monday and the other not until feb.
Definitely give them a phone today and try again, then let us know us you get on. Are you calling the English speaking line in France or the uk number?

Edited at 12:53 PM.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 14, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rochelley78
New Poster (4)

Wink

I have just come off the phone from them. I was told they can only offer it people arriving between 2nd November and 22nd November, but because I arrive on 22nd November I couldn't have it. But I can book it from them 23rd! She tried her best to to see if you get around but there was nothing she could do. I have booked for the 23rd in the hope that I maybe able to collect it on the 22nd.
rochelley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 14, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by rochelley78 View Post
I have just come off the phone from them. I was told they can only offer it people arriving between 2nd November and 22nd November, but because I arrive on 22nd November I couldn't have it. But I can book it from them 23rd! She tried her best to to see if you get around but there was nothing she could do. I have booked for the 23rd in the hope that I maybe able to collect it on the 22nd.
lol that makes no sense at all! You can only book it between the 2nd and the 22nd but yet you can book it from the 23rd? Is it maybe to do with you arriving on a weekend? I have no idea. I would think they would just give it to you on check in anyway. If not then just use a normal photopass for 22nd and then you can transfer the photos from there onto the photopass +.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Just to update this. We arrived early am on 31/10 and were given our photopass voucher with check in and told to go to hotel shop to collect package. Got to shop to be told it is totally out of stock across the park . Needless to say, I wasn't impressed having paid for it already and being told one thing, then another!

I asked if she could ring around and double check it wasn't available anywhere and she got quite snotty and said it wasn't (I have since read on another board that one shop did actually still have packages (people found this out by going around all the shops that sold it) but I cannot verify that). I asked for a refund there and then and was told I could not have one as I had booked through the central reservations line to get the prebook deal . I emailed yesterday morning and have heard nothing which is totally shocking - sometimes DLRP service is so bad I wonder how they function at all. In addition, as I paid in euros (no choice) there was a transaction fee of £1.94 on my bank account. I have informed them that I expect this refunded as well.

We had a great trip overall but it could have been much better if we'd been able to get the ride photos etc. We rode lots of rides as a family - many of them firsts for us as both DDs are now tall enough to ride most things, so we missed out big style. Incredulously, they were still selling singe photos in a card frame for 15.99 euros!

I will update when I hear back, but if I don't hear tomorrow I shall be calling them as it's not on to say it's out of stock and not refund asap. I don't have a telephone number for guest relations - anyone have one?
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

We called today and paid for this addition, we arrive on Sunday 23rd November, DH mentioned the problems with people not being able to get it, and that he didn't want to be pay for a service and not receive it, she assured him that there had been a few issues during the busy Halloween period and that from now on all bookings would be honoured, still not great service for those that have been let down, and if i'm honest i'm still a bit dubious... guess we'll soon see.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

DH called and booked and paid for ours yest and we arrive on 17th so will wait to see if we are lucky or not, if not will not be impressed
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We were at DLP last Wed(29/10) - Sat, I hadn't added the Photopass+ to my booking prior to going as we hadn't booked direct.
Our visit started in the Walt Disney Studios and we popped into the shop just inside Studio 1 as the first thing the girls wanted were their autograph books and pens, this is when at the till I found the Photopass+ packs (it's a box with a card attached to a lanyard and 2 smaller cards inside) I'd already decided I wanted one of these before we went.
I would definitely recommend getting in, the photo's are lovely, I've already printed some out for the girls to take to school, the quality is fab. At meet n greets you hand the card to the photographer before they start clicking, they scan it and your photo's get loaded onto it. We found that they took several pictures for us whereas people without it they were only taking a couple! They seemed to like the fact that we'd got it and just clicked away!
The only small disappointments we had were on Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast the lady had problems uploading our pics, so we tried at the photo shop at town square and a whole block of photo's had disappeared, yep ours. We went back to the ride which she'd told us to do, explained the situation, she looked and yep still no pics, so had a word with her manager who came out and let us go in via the exit and straight onto the ride so we could get the pictures again, typically I had my gun in front of my face And we also lost some of our pics with Goofy at his bonbon machine which is a shame as these were my faves, the system was pretty slow and I don't think they wanted to wait anymore for them to upload as there was a queue, luckily I had taken my own pics so all was not lost!
Over the 3 1/2 days that we were there we've got 86 pics which I think is great

And... the Ratatouille ride is Amazing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Fab review and great info thanks bubbles72 😄
We are definitely getting the photopass+ if it's in stock, we had it in florida and thought it was brilliant.

DLP: Aug 92, Aug 97, Jun 02, Nov 07, Apr 11, Feb 15, May 16, Oct 16, May 17
WDW: Oct 96, Feb 04, Feb 06, Feb 08, Oct 13
Disneyland: Mar 99, Sept 06
Tokyo Disney: Apr 98
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

I just added it on today for my December trip & she said all problems relating to cards in stock had now been resolved..sounds like they just didnt get enough printed and delivered.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread