Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Dec 14, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Day 1 - 5/11/14 Character Breakfasts and getting into the Disney Spirit!

Hello Guys and Gals of The Dibb ,

I am so very sorry for the massive delay between my last day and this one, things have been chaotic here and with the lead up to Christmas its just got worse. Hopefully with my upcoming break from work over the Christmas period I should be able to get a few more days done and with you.

So anyway on with the trippy!

The previous day can be found here

So you left us last night having gotten to bed at a rather impressive 10pm Orlando time so 3am our time I thought this should sort us out for a good long sleep….

…..well I was wide awake for 2:30am damn! I pretty much lay there for a while closing my eyes and doing that “have a fallen asleep I think I am asleep maybe I have been sleeping and now its 7am” thing for a while I think I dozed off for a bit but eventually at 4:15am Maurice was also awake and we lay in bed chatting.

We decided to just get up and sort out the wifi, I know I mentioned the cost yesterday but we actually didn’t pay for it and set it up until this morning. We did all the usual email, facebook checking (Maurice was still getting lots of work emails so those needed to be dealt with) and chatting about the weather and outfit choices for the day.

My hair felt dreadful and dirty so I got up and showered and properly washed my hair I really felt so much better for it, plus it meant I could get my eeyore bow in.

I was all sorted in no time but someone else who shall remain nameless likes to well faff a lot. So despite being awake and up since 4:15am we didn’t leave until 7:20am.

The Sat Nav we had hired already had MK programmed in so brilliant hit the button and off we went. Now this is were I became a bit of a drama queen (which I really don’t ever do but I had been dreaming about this for so long that the following events really upset my perfect MK start) despite us seeing an entrance for DisneyWorld on the drive to our hotel we decided to trust the Sat Nav and it proceeded to direct us somewhere totally different. We found ourselves travelling for ages and all of a sudden we were driving pretty much side by side with Space Mountain this was not good, there should be a massive lake a boat were had this daft thing taken us. So we continue following it and the classic “you have reached your destination” command was made. At this point it was directing us into a service entrance, I completely lost it as we were totally lost could see no signs and we had a breakfast ADR for 8:25am. We finally spotted some buildings and noticed what looked like a Fire Marshall I ran over to speak to her and she was lovely and actually drove us round to the entrance to MK so we could follow behind her. Sadly no happy driving under the arches shot for us this morning!

We got parked up in Aladdin (pretty close to the front) and did that quick walk jog thing over the road.

I basically skipped all the way to the Ferry and the very happy CM declared how happy we all were this morning. I probably sounded like a crazy frantic lady when I shouted back “That’s because it’s a Magic Kingdom Day!”. It was so amazing being on the Ferry and seeing everything I think even Maurice was a bit in awe of the hotels especially the Contemporary.

When we got off the Ferry have I was a bit freaked out by the hordes of people at the gates but it was a amber day so I guess it was to be expected. We found the man who was letting the early breakfast people in and managed to get in the park at 8:20am (baring in mind our ADR was at 8:25) I sped walked up the street to the first Photopass photographer and got in position to get photos. He was super lovely and got some nice shots for us (total photo overload here, these are my favourite pictures of the entire trip).

We then moved up to the next Photopass photographer closer to the castle and she was amazing getting lots of fab shots and even getting us a Magic Shot (which I didn’t ask for she just told us to put our hands together) turns out Maurice can’t handle basic instructions because despite it being a simple tasks he had no idea what to do and the photopass lady just kept shouting at him to copy me haha!

(loving me a border!)

(he can totally follow facial instructions though! )

We finally got over to Crystal Palace for 8:35am they never said anything about us being late (phew) and handed us the pager.

I also managed to get a not bad photo of the Castle while we waited, I wasn’t expecting all those boards and building work, what exactly is it?

We got seated at an end table near were the server’s come in and out, I have to say this was a great table for us. It meant it was really easy to stand up and see the characters and you could easily grab a server if you needed them. Our server was lovely and asked what we would like to drink I got a big glass of their OJ and Maurice asked for Tea he loved that they brought him a full pot of fresh tea (easily pleased) he also said we should wait before getting food as Piglet was nearly there. I was worried about making Maurice wait for food as he never normally leaves the house without breakfast but he was totally fine with it.

Piglet made his way to us and we got a couple of photos and autographs.

(you can totally see how empty CP was this morning, I was shocked at how empty it was as I had originally wanted an earlier slot at 8:05am and the system always said there was nothing available so I am not sure how it works.)

We finally let Maurice loose on the buffet and he was a very happy man, this was his first plate (he had already started eating it! )

My first plate:

(not a single healthy thing on that plate but it was everything I had been excited about eating! )

We then disgracefully had another plate.

(he does get better at leaving his plate alone until I get a photo!)

Eeyore was up next and we even got Maurice to stand up:

Then along came Pooh, the photo of Maurice and Pooh is so good as I had suggested he interact with them at which point he interpreted that to mean introduce himself and shake his hand lol.

After Winnie the Pooh we had a bit of a gap and there had been no sign of Tigger Maurice took this opportunity to grab one final plateful of random things to share including the famous Breakfast Lasagne, my goodness that’s just pudding and rather good pudding at that!

After waiting for a little while we asked our server about Tigger and he said it shouldn’t be long until he was back around.

So Tigger finally started doing the rounds, he was a few tables away so I popped to the bathroom and as I came back he was only one table away (yay) and then the friendship day parade started (boo) so he had to go. I was so gutted, but we decided to wait it out as we had waited this long to see him. I am so glad we waited as it was worth it and the pictures of Maurice have made this whole holiday worthwhile.

I was first to get my picture taken with Tigger and he was really jumping around and being fun.

He then moved over to Maurice and I told Maurice to stand up for a photo at this point Maurice kinda made a sighing noise and Tigger properly took offence and started pointing at Maurice and throwing his hands in the air Maurice just found this hilarious and I got this amazing photo!

(I am not the best photographer in the world but that my friends in genuine happy in my OHs face! )
He then posed for a serious one which was also brilliant.

Maurice ended his whole Tigger experience by doing the Tigger voice (which is spot on) and Tigger loved it and bounced about a bit.

We paid up the bill $70 incl Tip and finally headed out of CP. Oh on a total random side note a lady came in with a couple and she had on a little hat similar to the one my mum has been wearing since loosing her hair, so I kinda figured she had cancer. But then I noticed she had on a I am celebrating badge and it said “being cancer free” I totally welled up, so if any Dibbers were in CP that morning and seen me teary eyed in my Mickey Waffles that was why!

Anyway I took a few of the pictures that everyone takes in CP on the way out and we headed out the restaurant after what was really an amazing Character Breakfast!

continued in next post…..

Edited at 05:36 PM.
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Continued from above….

Anyway I took a few of the pictures that everyone takes in CP on the way out and we headed out the restaurant after what was really an amazing Character Breakfast!

On the way out a CM shouted to me to stop then when I turned round to see what was wrong she turned me back around to look at my bow. She was just amazed by it and called over the other CMs to have a look, very sweet of them to notice.

It was really heating up by now so we had a plan to head over to the people mover, I had never ever been on this ride before but thought it would be perfect for letting Maurice see the park and chat about the rest of the day. On the way we spotted another PP photographer so I had to make us stop.

Another unprompted magic shot we were doing well today.

Anyway we finally made it on to the people mover, see…

Does anyone else find the bit when you go inside space mountain and are just travelling about in the dark kinda creepy or is it just me?

We ran over to COP next (there was about 8 people in here) and they literally let us in as they were closing the doors. Again not a ride I had done but I really loved it, someone fell asleep we won’t say who cough Maurice cough!

After COP was finished we headed to BTM to use our fastpass. Now what else would you expect to happen to total ride whimps on one of the more scarier rides we have the guts to do? Well of course we got the very back row! It was such a good ride and felt so fast Maurice was hilarious as he properly screamed the whole way round the ride. In between my screams of fear I was basically crying with laughter it was to funny listening to him I think the people in front felt the same!

Next up we decided to brave splash mountain, no fastpass for this one but queue said 30minutes and Maurice was willing to wait that as he thought it looked so fun. Queue was pretty quick and we were on in no time. I liked it apart from that big drop that terrified me it really did, Maurice was more scared on the build up but once we dropped turned to me and asked if that was the big drop yet! As you can see from the picture that is pure fear in my face!

It was now getting really warm so a frozen lemonade was required (loved this! ) it cost $4.25(incl tax) and I had spotted the little shop in frontierland to buy our magic bands. I went for Grey Maurice for Blue, it was pretty quick for the girl to charge us for them then set it all up, we paid $27.59 (incl tax) for the both of them and I will say I found them a totally worthwhile purchase just to save us the hassle of getting tickets out for every fastpass we had and for our pictures.

I had a quick look in the Christmas shop then we headed into the Hall of Presidents, it had started to get really busy in MK by now and as far as I could tell the HoP was totally full. This was impressive but I kinda wish now looking back we hadn’t wasted the best part of an hour in here! Hindsight eh?!

Once out of that show we decided to call it a day as we had some shopping to do and were heading back to MK tonight anyway for another 2 fastpasses and the Dessert Party. We dropped into Walmart to get the essentials of food and water and I ended up picking up a few things for myself.

The lovely Debidee had recommended the ELF make up so I picked up a few bits of that (this was pretty much all they had in stock). These were all $3 each,

I spotted their Halloween goodies all on sale so grabbed 2 of these cupcake kits as the Wilton goodies are so expensive back home, these were reduced to $1.22 they retail for £6 and up back in the UK.

Also these cool Halloween coloured straws again for the silly price of $0.74 I think I paid £3 in John Lewis a few months ago for a set of coloured straws.

We got lots of food bits along with a bit crate of water and spent in total $57.08, neither of us really drink so that was probably why our bill was so low and that Maurice was getting bored of me wanting to look at everything. So we got back to the apartment for 3pm and decided to have a bit of a rest, we had thought about pool time but well I lay down and didn’t wake up again until 5pm……

I already had it in the plan we would go to outback for dinner this seemed like a safe plan and I checked online about booking a table but their website stated that our current restaurant had no wait time for tables, brilliant we thought. So we arrived there to what looked like a jam packed car park, we got inside to what was basically queues of people wait for tables to only be told it was a 40minute wait. I had a bit of a panic at this point as we had 2 fastpasses booked (A&E and 7DMT so not exactly ones you could just miss). We then spotted a space at the bar and were told we could seat there straight away and still have the full menu to choose from, perfect!

The waitress/bar girl was lovely I went for the Chopped BBQ Chicken Salad

And Maurice went for the Prime Rib Dip Sandwich.

They were both amazing, my salad was just out of this world good I didn’t want it to end (actually it was so massive I didn’t think it would) and Maurice’s sandwich was amazing also. He can be super fussy with meat being cooked correctly and quality extra but apparently this was just perfect so he was a happy man. We asked for the bill and things were going great until our waitress got stopped by a couple who wanted to chat and boy did they chat. Now the waitress was great and friendly but this man would not stop talking and unfortunately we were in such a rush that every extra 5 minutes he was talking to her was making us later and later. After a good 15 minutes she finally gave us the bill we paid and started to walk/run to the car. Oh at this point I will say that despite keeping what I thought was every single receipt I got I don’t seem to have tonight’s dinner one sorry all I have is $40 written in my notes including tip, we only had two soft drinks so a pretty good price for an amazing dinner!

We got to Disney and paid for parking (without getting lost) and jumped on a monorail with us both being convinced it would be quicker only for it to get just before the stop and say it had to wait for another monorail to leave we sat there for about 5 or so minutes before it got moving. Anyway another mad rush up main street (will I ever not need to run up main street) and off to find A&E at this point its worth mentioning I have no idea were Fairytale hall is what it looks like or how far away it is. But we found it eventually and got to the fastpass queue exactly 5 minutes after the end of our slot but Mickeys head went green (yay) and they let us in!

(you don’t realise how fat you really are until stood next to a Disney princess! )

Autographs and pictures taken (Maurice refused to come in the pictures) and we were back out and on our way for 7DMT fastpass. This ride was amazing it is so smooth and fast and I really loved it, Maurice on the other hand was petrified his screams were actually of proper fear. You can kinda see the fear in both our faces on this one. Ok mine is more laughing than fear, but Maurice is fear.

This picture is really dark sadly but I have included it because if you find Maurice and I’s face you will see just how scared we both were, proper ride whimps.

We were all done and ready for the dessert party, had a bit of trouble finding it and even when I asked two separate cast members were it was neither of them had any idea what I was talking about it took a third one to finally realise were I needed to go. As soon as Maurice seen the lay out he tells me he wants a table at the front so I start explaining how tables are allocated etc and then lo and behold we get a table for 2 right at the front at the barrier it was amazing and so perfect.

Our seat without zoom!

With zoom

We both helped ourselves to a big plates of desserts

I thought it was all rather yummy especially the rice krispie treats and those massive strawberries but the whole thing was worthwhile for the seat and view of the fireworks. People were really good about standing at the front and were we were seated it was only kids that stood at the barriers which meant we didn’t need to stand up for the whole show.

I managed to film it all but sadly one little girl (who was 8 going on 19) decided to scream or say OMG after every single firework bang. Now I am sure you are all thinking but it’s a firework show there is a bang with pretty much every firework for nearly 20 minutes surely she didn’t do it all that time. Well I can assure you she did, it was the most painful thing to listen to and she only stopped when she accidently smashed her little cousin’s face off the railings in front of them.

The fireworks were just amazing and it was just such a great end to a very magical first day. We headed for the Ferry and tried to pop in to meet Mickey before we left the queue said 5 minutes which for a character meet is basically Maurice maximum time. So we joined the queue but after 10 minutes it still hadn’t moved so we just left and caught the ferry back to the car park. We were back in the apartment and in bed for 10:39pm I think we both passed out the moment we lay down.

Thank you to any one who read along hopefully I won’t be as slow with the next days we are off to Epcot tomorrow.

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Wow you did tons in your first day! Well done - especially proud of the make-up purchase ;-)
Looking forward to reading more - those food pictures have made me soooo hungry! Xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debidee View Post
Wow you did tons in your first day! Well done - especially proud of the make-up purchase ;-)
Looking forward to reading more - those food pictures have made me soooo hungry! Xxx
It was a rather jam packed first day i think we got worse as the holiday went on and the parks got busier! But i was so glad of the amount we managed today. I know the food is just the best, even the other day Maurice says he can't remember a time when he ate such amazing food every day of a holiday!

I was well impressed with my make up purchases and for Christmas Maurice managed to get me a massive ELF eyeshadow palate so i am all stocked up! xxx
Old 28 Dec 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
It was a rather jam packed first day i think we got worse as the holiday went on and the parks got busier! But i was so glad of the amount we managed today. I know the food is just the best, even the other day Maurice says he can't remember a time when he ate such amazing food every day of a holiday!

I was well impressed with my make up purchases and for Christmas Maurice managed to get me a massive ELF eyeshadow palate so i am all stocked up! xxx
I've just been reading about Elf doing a new Disney line of make-up! It's launched in Walgreens, I follow a youtuber -
m.youtube.com/user/ohyouresotough0
She lives in Orlando and of course loves Disney and shopping, she even got married this year on the Disney Cruise and posted lovely videos. she is doing a full review on all the sets which goes up tomorrow!
Let me know what you think, if you love any I'll get you them when I'm there in March - hopefully they will still have them as I'm sure I will be getting a few sets myself :-) Debs xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debidee View Post
I've just been reading about Elf doing a new Disney line of make-up! It's launched in Walgreens, I follow a youtuber -
m.youtube/user/ohyouresotough0
She lives in Orlando and of course loves Disney and shopping, she even got married this year on the Disney Cruise and posted lovely videos. she is doing a full review on all the sets which goes up tomorrow!
Let me know what you think, if you love any I'll get you them when I'm there in March - hopefully they will still have them as I'm sure I will be getting a few sets myself :-) Debs xxx
Oh i haven't got to that day yet but i found the sleeping beauty one of these. One of my friends is a total make up obsessive and i wanted to get her lots of Elf stuff but i never got back and on our last day we were in Walgreens so i just bought the sleeping beauty one it looked gorgeous and my friend loved it i didn't realise they were doing lots i thought it was just that one because of the whole maleficient thing. That is very exciting i will need to subscribe to her you tube page thank you xxx

walgreens/store/c/e.l...262209-product

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Old 28 Dec 14, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
meandmyboy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Great first day and so pleased to see that Maurice enjoyed himself! I can just imagine how annoying that screaming girl was during the fireworks - although I have to say I thought you had written that her cousin had smashed her face into the railings (presumably to stop the constant screaming!) rather than the other way round!
Oct/Nov 2017 - SoCal and Hawaii Adventure Trip Report
meandmyboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meandmyboy View Post
Great first day and so pleased to see that Maurice enjoyed himself! I can just imagine how annoying that screaming girl was during the fireworks - although I have to say I thought you had written that her cousin had smashed her face into the railings (presumably to stop the constant screaming!) rather than the other way round!
Hi,

thanks for reading along i actually had to laugh at you saying that and come to think of it that would have made much more sense as the screaming was really getting ridiculous.

It was hard not to laugh at the whole situation especially when the little cousin then started crying and saying she was going to get her mum and the little Diva was telling her not to then just stopped put her fingers to her temples turned around and said "i just need a moment".

xx
Old 28 Dec 14, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great day. Love the crystal palace photos and the bargain cupcake kits.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I am surprised I am not in any of your CP photos. We were there at 8.35am as well.
Beginning to think you were stalking me. DH and I were at the Dessert party on the 5th - right at the front - 2nd table in from main st side.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List