Old 29 Jul 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am a fan of Narcoossee’s and good to see Nine Dragons was at least partly nice! Loving the use of the Ken pictures too!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Looks like a great meal at Narcoosees. I'm on the fence with that place after poor service but certainly sounds like you had a good time.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Aaah Yachtsman and Flying Fish are my favourites, looking forward to your reviews!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Great report CMG! The Clan McFluff have all enjoyed following your exploits so far. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Admiral or one of his chums end up in another trip report in a galaxy not too far away quite soon.

It sounds as though you've had a very busy trip? Have you had much down/pool time?

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and experiences on this trip. You've given me some inspiration and more than a few laughs.

I'll be making efforts to put a full trip report together over the next few weeks. I hope to try a 'live trippie' but have visions of late night, tequilla fueled laptop destruction as I fail to find inspiration!

I love to write and I hope to create something both funny and entertaining to read but...

Keep the posts coming, They are giving me a welcome break from the packing and cleaning. We all hope the rest of your trip is as much fun as it looks so far.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Nine dragons looks better than the rep it gets.
That lobster soup at Narcoosses looks fab as well.
Looking forward to your flying fish review.
We are already discussing adrs for next time and we have Hollywood Brown derby but are looking for 1 more signature. Currently between California Grill, citricos and flying fish.
I can understand you looking forward to the relaxed, in terms of food anyway, Universal.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Narcoossee's looks lovely, looking forward to the final meals x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Just out of curiosity: how many days would you say the dining plan is optimal for i.e. before you start to feel restricted by it? It seems to me that it's great for the first few days but could become a bit of a millstone after too long, but then again I guess it depends on many variables...
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I might try Nine Dragons for lunch one of these days, keep meaning too and then never make it. Looks OK though.

I've always been a fan of Narcoossee's even though they are usually running hopelessly late and it can feel a little noisy/crowded. Food looks great though and I can almost guarantee that my DW would have ordered those scallops too.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You're doing well on the t shirt challenge. Not far to go at all.

Narcoossee's dinner looked lovely with the added bonus of no one falling asleep. Watch out for that lagoon there are all sorts of creatures in there.

Looking forward to Yachtsman and Flying Fish.
Love Narcoossee now, two great meals there and we've been fortunate with the service both times Almost there!

Originally Posted by MickeyHammer View Post
Phew, I’m so glad Narcoossee’s was a good meal. It’s our favourite restaurant in WDW.
Great report by the way, I wish I had tried the same on our last visit... maybe next time!
It wasn't the best surf and turf of the week...it was the best surf and turf ever I'm not sure I'd repeat the live element unless it was just the photos, not that much work but you always feel behind

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I am a fan of Narcoossee’s and good to see Nine Dragons was at least partly nice! Loving the use of the Ken pictures too!
Ken had to make it in there somewhere with the grief I get for my clothing choices, need to work in that scene where he tries all his different outfits on

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Looks like a great meal at Narcoosees. I'm on the fence with that place after poor service but certainly sounds like you had a good time.
Yes we couldn;t fault it but I know others have had bad nights there, it should be reliable really

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Aaah Yachtsman and Flying Fish are my favourites, looking forward to your reviews!
Fingers crossed it matches up, Monsieur Paul is the benchmark for DD/DW Narcoosee for me

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Great report CMG! The Clan McFluff have all enjoyed following your exploits so far. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Admiral or one of his chums end up in another trip report in a galaxy not too far away quite soon.

It sounds as though you've had a very busy trip? Have you had much down/pool time?

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and experiences on this trip. You've given me some inspiration and more than a few laughs.

I'll be making efforts to put a full trip report together over the next few weeks. I hope to try a 'live trippie' but have visions of late night, tequilla fueled laptop destruction as I fail to find inspiration!

I love to write and I hope to create something both funny and entertaining to read but...

Keep the posts coming, They are giving me a welcome break from the packing and cleaning. We all hope the rest of your trip is as much fun as it looks so far.
Feel free to recruit the Admiral, he'll work for chocolate buttons and the chance to shout "It's a Trap" or similar once a day. One little secret, I used some of the downtime before we travelled to build a bank of images I might want to use and set up folders etc. to drop photos into. It's made the writing a lot quicker than you might imagine

I actually feel like we've had too much pool time, could do more rides myself but DD is becoming a teenager in the mornings

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Nine dragons looks better than the rep it gets.
That lobster soup at Narcoosses looks fab as well.
Looking forward to your flying fish review.
We are already discussing adrs for next time and we have Hollywood Brown derby but are looking for 1 more signature. Currently between California Grill, citricos and flying fish.
I can understand you looking forward to the relaxed, in terms of food anyway, Universal.
Yes, we haven't yet tried any of CG/Citricos/FF for dinner but FF review to follow hopefully tomorrow - we switch hotels so I may lag a bit then)

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Narcoossee's looks lovely, looking forward to the final meals x
Still lots of credits to eat and look at the next post too

Originally Posted by GroovyYvee View Post
Just out of curiosity: how many days would you say the dining plan is optimal for i.e. before you start to feel restricted by it? It seems to me that it's great for the first few days but could become a bit of a millstone after too long, but then again I guess it depends on many variables...
Conclusions to follow at the end of the trip but I might give a first overall impression end of today/tomorrow

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I might try Nine Dragons for lunch one of these days, keep meaning too and then never make it. Looks OK though.

I've always been a fan of Narcoossee's even though they are usually running hopelessly late and it can feel a little noisy/crowded. Food looks great though and I can almost guarantee that my DW would have ordered those scallops too.
Nine Dragons is okay, mains were better than the other courses if you're going OOP and it was not as overpriced as the others. Narcoossee not running later last night the Disney restaurants seem to be better up until about 8pm at which point they all start to lag. The scallops were very good
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 02:51 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
thanks all for liking and commenting, I think I've got to all the posts but if I've missed one just say (I mark them liked as I respond to keep track which is working most of the time)

So we just had a SHOCKING update from the Yacht Club front desk We were happily relaxing ahead of a character breakfast...

When we got a credits update from the front desk. So we've spent 55 snacks and used 77 TS meal credits with a plan to spend at least 12 more...

But...the Disney system has only charged 73. We have 4 extra TS credits to spend and they wouldn't take them back. hmm 4 more meals, 12 snacks or 20 more Ghiradelli bars. What's it to be?

WE SURRENDER!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List