Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 4 Apr 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I managed to get a click and collect slot, couldn’t get a delivery slot.

Incase it helps anybody else this is what I did:

Checking website and app from 11:40pm

Just after 11:45pm I was put in a virtual queue on first the app and then the website

I was in the app queue until 12:08am

I looked for 1 hour delivery but they were all gone, then the flexi delivery, ditto. Tried click and collect and only 1 time slot was left.

You don’t need to put items in your basket first, once you book a slot it’s held for 2 hours, this has always been the case.

You also don’t need to add £40 to check out, I always add just a bunch of bananas (top of my favs) to checkout. It adds £4 as its under the minimum but does allow you to checkout. I then amend nearer the time.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Our tesco must have opened up a load more slots as when I went on yesterday I got one for Tuesday whereas they where all showing full the day before.
No way was I staying up until midnight for a slot. Just keep checking is my only advice.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I managed to get a click and collect slot, couldn’t get a delivery slot.

Incase it helps anybody else this is what I did:

Checking website and app from 11:40pm

Just after 11:45pm I was put in a virtual queue on first the app and then the website

I was in the app queue until 12:08am

I looked for 1 hour delivery but they were all gone, then the flexi delivery, ditto. Tried click and collect and only 1 time slot was left.

You don’t need to put items in your basket first, once you book a slot it’s held for 2 hours, this has always been the case.

You also don’t need to add £40 to check out, I always add just a bunch of bananas (top of my favs) to checkout. It adds £4 as its under the minimum but does allow you to checkout. I then amend nearer the time.
The holding for 2 hours does not always apply around midnight - the servers are too busy and a bit glitchy. DH has done it a few times now and it is pot luck as to whether it drops your slot within 10 min or not. So would not rely on that.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
Join the queue at midnight and hope for the best. You may be lucky and get a slot for 3 weeks time.
Its the only way my mom is doing it. She is making sure she is in the queue at 11.45ish and at 12.01 is put in the queue she first books her slot then does the shopping. 3 weeks are the dates at the moment.
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by americangal View Post
Midnight. Slots are released a day at a time

Forget the app at midnight log onto website. Have stuff ready to value of £40 in basket

I did this Tuesday night for a slot on wed 22 April. Logged in immediately at midnight. Ended up in a holding queue for about 8 mins. Got a slot but they were gone soon after
Just a heads up - you don't need £40 of stuff in your basket. You can have just one item to reserve a slot and checkout. Then nearer the time of delivery, you can edit your basket and add the rest of your shop
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve managed to get slots for the past 2 weeks. One on tesco and one on asda. I log on at half 11, get put in a queue then its pot luck if there’s any left by the time it lets you on.
Old 4 Apr 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I managed to get a Sainsbury slot for Monday. I have been checking multiple times a day.
However I tried at midnight was held in the queue for 15 minutes for nothing. Then the whole day opened up, it let me click on a time then nothing, then it all disappeared
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Checked Tesco Ireland yesterday afternoon, nothing. Then logged in around 12.30am and Friday 24 April had opened up, all times slots available.

I put about €20 worth of things in my basket and checked out. Got my confirmation email so all sorted.

I will wait until about Tuesday 21 April and go through the basket again and edit the basket to what we actually need at that time.

We are not as bad as most people. Our local shop has a good range of items and has been fully stocked but as I have to walk I can only buy what I can carry. We use the Tesco delivery for all the heavy and bulky household items.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know if i need the payment card to pick up click and collect for my mum, or can i just use the code? Dont really want to go to get her card if i can get away with it! Just want to do 1 drop!
Old 4 Apr 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Glad I just clicked on this. Our sons having been getting stuff for us and leaving it outside and thought I'd just check. Managed to get a delivery for this Monday with a choice of times, nice to be able to do a shop myself and add on a few items for them to return the favours.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List