Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 30 Apr 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Supermarket Delivery Slots

With all this time on my hands, I do spend a lot of time looking which supermarket has delivery slots available, and pass this information onto elderly friends and relatives who need them.

I have a delivery booked for the next 2 weeks with Tesco, but I've noticed that going on at 11.45pm and getting a slot for a few weeks time is no longer available.

I've now switched to Morrisons and purchased a 6 month midweek delivery pass for £20 - already cancelled and rebooked the 2 deliveries I had arranged, so saved £7 already. I noticed once I had purchased the delivery saver, that more slots were available for me to book. Might be worth looking at if you're struggling.

Asda now also seems to offer more delivery slots, and our nearest Sainsburys has now started to offer a click and collect service.

How is everyone getting on with online deliveries?

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Didn't have much luck at all until last week. Got a click and collect for Tesco this Saturday, one for Asda the Saturday after and then a Tesco delivery the following week.

I prefer asda if I'm honest as they pick from the depot and not the store like they do at Tesco so a lot less chance of things been out of stock and also been touched by 50 people but I'll take what I can at the moment.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We're getting on ok with Asda. We do click and collect as it's only 5 minutes away and it's a drive thru so easy for DH to let them know on the app he's on his way. I've not struggled to get a slot so far but always checking in case they make changes... when I started slots went on at midnight, then they changed it to 10pm but only available for 7 days with amendments 2 days before. Now slots are 2 weeks ahead and amendments can be made 3 or 4 days before.
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They’ve all been opening more delivery slots so things should get easier.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mobile

It is getting easier here. Was a case of having to stay up till midnight, now slots become available more randomly for Tesco. Morrisons have always been available 2 weeks ahead , but haven't tried others. We have many local businesses delivering, so have started doing alternate weeks , one week veg/fruit/meat boxes, one week supermarket
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
They’ve all been opening more delivery slots so things should get easier.
Yes, we have found this. I didn't know that you can book multiple slots so had been waiting until after one delivery before booking another … no wonder I couldn't get a slot for a month lol.

Anyway, today I had a call from a friend alerting me to new Tesco slots in 2 weeks time so I now have something booked once a week for the next 3 weeks
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

My main shop is usuallyTesco with top ups in Sainsbury’s.
Managed to get a couple of Sainsbury’s deliveries but not a sniff for Tesco.
Low and behold just checked Tesco yesterday and quite a few slots there just waiting. Grabbed2 for next week and the one following. Is it wrong to be so excited 😆.
I have hated relying on others to get our shopping so this is a godsend .
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Didn't have much luck at all until last week. Got a click and collect for Tesco this Saturday, one for Asda the Saturday after and then a Tesco delivery the following week.

I prefer asda if I'm honest as they pick from the depot and not the store like they do at Tesco so a lot less chance of things been out of stock and also been touched by 50 people but I'll take what I can at the moment.
How do you know where they pick from? Our asda always have home delivery shoppers instore but we get our collection at opening time and I get my emails about 4 or 5 in the morning. I did say to my DH that I thought ours might be picked at the depot.
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Last couple of weeks I've had asda deliveries, no chance this week but I've just been online an hour or so ago and they had loads of click and collect slots for our big asda so got one for next Tuesday, I looked online Monday and got an Iceland order delivered yesterday. If we can't get a delivery from main supermarket there's now butchers and greengrocers delivering a couple of times a week around here now too which is great.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I was checking just before midnight for Tesco delivery and doing OK until recently. Now they seem to be random times when they're available, got a couple of slots that were released this morning.

I really hate doing online shopping as I like to look myself as normally use more than one supermarket with the majority of our shopping from Waitrose but 'needs must'.

My DS usually goes to Waitrose at the weekend so picks up the things I like from there for us.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List