Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 14, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone writing this journal is actually quite relaxing and takes the edge of missing/worrying about him lol.

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Love this! When I saw what you were walking down the aisle to I was like, "what?!?!" but I've just listened and it's SO perfect!
Haha I know right! It sounds like a crazy thing to walk down the aisle to but it's beautiful! One of the 2 friends who knows what I'm doing is going to film me walking down the aisle. Already I know I'm not going to have a straight face...especially once the penny drops and people realize what I'm walking down the aisle too haha!
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
curry1402
VIP Dibber

It all looks beautiful - I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful, memorable day

2005 Emerald Island Resort
2010 Regal Sun Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH
2014 Old Key West & RPR
2016 Old Key West & HRH
2018 Old Key West & RPR
curry1402 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All your plans look so amazing and I am sure you will all have a wonderful day
loving the smores bar and all the details you have planned

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love the feel of your bridal shoot

Isn't Pinterest the best?! I could spend hours just searching and pinning

Oooh seen the s'mores table on a show the other day, and thought it was a great idea. Oh lord I love s'mores!
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by curry1402 View Post
It all looks beautiful - I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful, memorable day
I hope so! With nearly 100 guests I bet I spend most of my day saying thank you lol.

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
All your plans look so amazing and I am sure you will all have a wonderful day
loving the smores bar and all the details you have planned
Thank you

Originally Posted by parris View Post
Love the feel of your bridal shoot

Isn't Pinterest the best?! I could spend hours just searching and pinning

Oooh seen the s'mores table on a show the other day, and thought it was a great idea. Oh lord I love s'mores!
Oh Pinterest is my best friend! I love it and yes how could anyone not love s'mores!
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

What a lovely story xxx
Old 5 May 14, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I have only just seen this and have got to say I have really enjoyed reading it.Love your wedding plans. I can't wait to read the rest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 14, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Just saw this, what a lovely story. Your plans sound amazing

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 14, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

DIY Projects

I've always thought that adding a few DIY items to a wedding adds a personal touch and well lets be honest...a wedding is expensive so every little helps

Most of my DIY projects are relatively small but some have been slightly time consuming. The map I mentioned in my travel section post was ordered online from art.com after the one I bought from Barnes & Noble was far too large. I didn't realize at the time as it was rolled up but it was the size of my husbands truck windscreen! I decided against that map and bought a new one lol. I will be having the names of my guests printed this week and I will be putting it all together ready for the big day!

I have found some little travel inspired stamps from Hobby Lobby which I will print onto the luggage tags too.

Something I made last week were cufflinks for all the groomsmen. I saw some lovely map cufflinks on Pinterest and some more from another dibbers wedding pre trippie.

These were the ones I found.

And these were the ones I made.

Now I don't mean to brag but I think I did a pretty good job on them I bought the cufflink pieces and glass tiles off etsy for $13 and my friend sent me pictures of the road maps which I then printed off. Each cufflink on Esty was I think $20. I made 4 for $15 as the glue I used was $2 lol. BARGAIN!

Each of the 4 groomsmen will have 1 compass cufflink and one map cufflink of their hometown. Josh will be wearing RAF spitfire cufflinks that my mom bought him & were still deciding on what my dad is wearing

Now onto my bridesmaids!

Each of them on the day will be given either a box or tote bag full of goodies. Their main present will be a piece of jewelry, a wedding day survival kit and a few other things including these...

Each wine glass has their name painted on one side & their wedding party position on the other. I did one for my mom and myself too, ready for the mimosas on wedding day morning!

It didn't take me too long to do them. I bought the wine glasses and craft paint from Walmart which were my only needed supplies. It was slightly difficult painting the names but I was happy with the end result and I hope the girls like them too.

The boarding pass place cards are being made by my maid of honor and I too. We will have each guests name, meal choice, the date and venue of the wedding etc printed and then placed on the table.

There were a few things I was going to make myself like the wedding programs/fans but I got lazy and decided to order some nice custom ones off Etsy instead.

They will be looking a little like this.

The Wedding Favors

Thinking of what to give our guests as favors was one of the more difficult tasks. I didn't want to give out the traditional mints or sugared almonds. I wanted to mix things up a bit.

Some of the ideas I had were:
  • Candles
  • Magnets
  • Luggage Tags
  • Drink Koozies
  • Corkscrews & more

We finally settled on personalized shot glasses for all our guests

I have had them ordered from Etsy. They will be 1.5oz and will have this design on them but in blue.

We have debated filling them with personalized M&Ms but upon creating them they were coming out at over $400 for the amount we needed. I didn't really want to spend $400 on Candy so I will just fill them with standard M&Ms lol.

NEXT UP...The MiniMoons

Edited at 08:14 AM.
Old 13 May 14, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post

It all looks great! Love the DIY projections, the glasses are so cute x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread