Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

san diego padres kidsfest

anyone else tried this or have any info on it? theres not loads online

looks like a fun way to spend a sunday afternoon with the kids without them getting bored of baseball.

we are hoping to stay for a couple of hours and soak it up. dont know anything about parking or timings etc so if anyone has any tips or experience then they're welcome

also, i understand you can only get tickets 2 weeks before. are these popular? its the opening weekend and a derby (i guess?!) as its against san fran
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Hi snowdrop! The Padres are my home team, so I've made many trips to Petco Park for games. KidsFest is something they do for every Sunday afternoon game during the season. KidsFest takes place inside a section called Park at the Park. It's an open, grassy park that is just outside the outer walls of the stadium, and they have a large video screen facing the park so people in the park can also watch the game. It's a good place to go if you're not planning to stay for a whole game and just want a bit of atmosphere. KidsFest is basically an area where they have activities like bounce houses, face painting, some crafts and vendors. There are also some food stands around, and with a Park in the Park ticket you are also allowed to go into the main stadium to buy food from any of the stands in there as well. There is no seating inside the park, most people bring blankets to sprawl out on the grassy area.

It's true that you can't buy tickets for the Park at the Park section until two weeks before a game. I would highly recommend trying to get your tickets as soon as they become available. You are going on the home opening weekend, and that's one of the most popular events of the season. Park in the Park is also a very popular location, especially with families, so I do advise being safe and trying for tickets as soon as it hits the two week mark.

I would also recommend getting to the stadium early that day, as being the opening weekend the game will either be sold out or very nearly so and a lot of traffic will be going downtown. You are allowed inside the Park at the Park section about 2 1/2 hours prior to game start. Try to arrive at least two hours before, it will make finding parking a little easier. There are some parking garages right outside the ballpark itself, but they can get pricey on game day and most people head for those garages because they are the closest. I always park a few blocks away at the Convention Center's underground parking. It's always a few dollars cheaper than the other garages closest to the ballpark, and usually not as much traffic there when you arrive early. It's an easy 10-15 minute walk over to the ballpark from the front of the Convention Center- you can see Petco Park easily, just start walking towards it and you'll be there pretty quick.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941

Edited at 11:02 PM.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

Thanks Amy thats so helpful!

We will check out the tickets exactly 2 weeks before.

Perhaps we should get a taxi to the stadium as we are staying on Shelter Island and it doesnt seem too far away? what do you think?

we will also be sure to grab a rug from wallmart before we go to lay out on.
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

I think a taxi should be fine. The distance isn't far...it's about a 15-20 minute drive usually, depending on traffic heading to the ballpark. I hope you all have a fun time at the game and at Kidsfest! How long will you be visiting San Diego?

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List