Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 18 Feb 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MARL
Excited about Disney

Mobile Buggy for 6 year old?

Returning in June 2017. This time our youngest will be 6 and past a 'buggy ride' but with 2 older teenage brothers we will be going at a fair pace in the parks. Looking at the cost of buying a suitable buggy once we arrive there to save on the cost of daily in park hire! Anyone done the same and where did you purchase if purchased over there? We would probably leave buggy behind when we return home. Hoping there may be one at our villa for guests to use that's suitable!

1999 MOTEL, KISSIMMEE - 2006 SANCTURY VILLAS H27
2008, CALA-BAY-PARC VILLA
2010 VILLA, WINDSOR HILLS
MARL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Some six year olds would be glad of a buggy , others would refuse point blank to consider getting in one no matter how tired they were.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mine won't entertain it. But we have an old one in the shed I'm considering taking and leaving in the boot of the hire car.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Its one of those things that only you will know. Ds when he was 6 would not get in a pushchair, phrases like " im not a baby" and " its not cool" could have come out his little mouth and for me personally I think 6 is too old for one.

But I can see, if they are willing it could make your life easier if it means you can stay out longer. Most airlines carry them for free, so just take a cheap one with you.
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd question if a cheap one would be sturdy enough for a six year old though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Depending on the size of your child you might be better getting a second hand one on eBay and taking it or hiring one

The cheaper umbrella type ones are so awful to push with an older/heavier child. They really hurt your arms

Ones that are rated to 25kg (average weight at 6) would be baby jogger city gt/ phil & teds sport/explorer/navigator
Mountain buggy. There is also a mclaren techno I think it's called
All one handed fold for the bus/tram

I got a p&t explorer from eBay for our 3 year old (22kg!) and there are loads of used ones for about £50-£100. Still cheaper than hiring in the parks

Edited at 11:10 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
purplemusky
Apprentice Imagineer

purplemusky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The first time we took our youngest DS he was 6 in the April and we went in the May. He never took a buggy and he never complained once about the walking being tired in the parks, he was too excited. Also he wouldn't have gone in one if we offered him one. I never contemplated taking one as I knew he'd be fine, but others are different and you do see all ages in them in the parks.

1995 IDrive/St Pete's Beach/1999 IDrive/Sarasota/2012/2013/2014 & 2016 Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa/2017 Regal Palms & St Pete's Beach/2018 Orange Lake and Miami/2019 Miami, Clearwater & LBV
purplemusky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Each to their own but my feeling is that you could wait and see.

On the occasion you may do a full day at the parks then hire one for the evening if he shows signs of needing one rather than assuming he will require one and deal with buying and carting one all the time that turns out to be not needed.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

My daughter will be nearly 6 when we next go and will be certainly taking a buggy. I only wish they did ones for 6'4" adults! It's a lot of walking and a long day. A little nap can save the day.

I would suggest that even if they don't like it at home, when they really need it they'll maybe still take to the idea. A bit like brussel sprouts!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We took a buggy when my daughter was 6 a few years ago and was pleased we did as did long days. Plus handy to dump your bags on too

Her 8 year old brother even wanted to sit in it too at times!
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List