Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
Have been the best for us the last three years and have found their cars to be newer and cleaner than Dollar as well as a better service
Regards
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

More often than not I find Alamo Brits cheapest mainly because im looking for more than one driver. This year they are cheapest again - £257 for an Int SUV for 14 days.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

We are looking at hiring one just for a few days. We are staying in disney so only need it for 4 days at the most. I have heard horror stories of car hire being cheap but having to pay high insurance costs when you pick the car up. Is this true, or is the price you see the price you pay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney inch View Post
We are looking at hiring one just for a few days. We are staying in disney so only need it for 4 days at the most. I have heard horror stories of car hire being cheap but having to pay high insurance costs when you pick the car up. Is this true, or is the price you see the price you pay.
With Alamo Brits the insurance is all inclusive, so the price you see when you book is what you pay. We have used them the last few years and they have been great. Plus the price came down last year after we booked, so we cancelled for free and re-booked at the cheaper price .
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney inch View Post
You just have to be smart about it and read WHAT IS INCLUDED in the hire price. The ones you want to book with will say things like insurance, taxes etc are included.

You just have to check around and see which company has the best offer for your dates. It could be Alamo brits...could be rentalcars.com etc...
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstwdw
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked it myself for my trip and it was indeed way cheaper! Go DIBBers. Wahoo!
Mrstwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Disney View Post
Looking at car hire for next year...
Is Alamo Brits usually the cheapest? or can you get cheaper?

Looking for Minivan from Miami and the prices via the Brits code for Alamo are the best...
They have consistently worked out cheapest for us over the last few years.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 14, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
awake 502
Excited about Disney

Have booked Alamo/Brits quite a few times, always worked out fine. Extra drivers free and you can bring the car back full of fuel to avoid extra costs. They do try to sell you extras, but if you join Alamo Insiders which is free it avoids all the queues...
awake 502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 14, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Disney View Post
Looking at car hire for next year...
Is Alamo Brits usually the cheapest? or can you get cheaper?

Looking for Minivan from Miami and the prices via the Brits code for Alamo are the best...
If you book with Alamo Brits in most cases they are one of the cheapest and you can book with confidence from a good renter. This means more to me than saving a few pounds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 14, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Sorry but saving a few pounds is one thing but look at the price difference in my case...if I was to use Alamo Brits instead of Auto Europe

AutoEurope

I will however keep an eye on prices but I doubt it will go around the £300 mark for an Suv that I got back in June.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread