Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 16, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Eastern Carib-Fantasy- Tortola and St Thomas ?

Looking for ideas and recommendations for these two ports if anyone has them?
We are not incredibly active and are thinking of the Baths at Virgin Gorda and a beach day in St Thomas, or maybe a gentle snorkelling trip?
Please let me have those ideas?
I am also a worry wart so would probably want to shell out for Disney port adventures. Unless I can be convinced of the "get you back in time or to next port guarantee" of some tour operators?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I'm curious too, I think we'd love beach days but hard to know which ones to go to
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

We'd like to hear of any shore experiences too, we like the look of the tree zip wire thingy? Anyone done it?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Last year we used Sunny Listons Tours for St Thomas ...He was fab ...took us round the island , bit of shopping and then to Magens Bay for a few hours beach ...Stunning island with lovely people . Booked it in UK with him online or facebook and pay on day .
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

I havent even thought about it yet!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for this cruise ?
Old 23 Mar 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

On St Thomas, we always used to head over to Magen's Bay (early to get get the best spot), rent some loungers and have a fab day on the beach. Loads of the open air 'taxis' going and coming back so absolutely no fear of missing the ship.
On our last trip, we got tipped off about Honeymoon Beach on Water Island which was amazing - very quiet with a couple of great beach bars, free loungers. You have to take a ten minute trip on the passenger ferry to get there plus a short walk (or a free ride on the beach bar owner's pick up truck). Be aware that cruise ships dock in two places in St Thomas (Havensight and Crown Bay) the ferry to Honeymoon Beach goes from Crown Bay marina.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Last year we used Sunny Listons Tours for St Thomas ...He was fab ...took us round the island , bit of shopping and then to Magens Bay for a few hours beach ...Stunning island with lovely people . Booked it in UK with him online or facebook and pay on day .
Thank you, will look into that.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
I havent even thought about it yet!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for this cruise ?
Hav you done a serch for it?
Type in Disney ( ship name) Eastern Caribbean (date of cruise)

I am the admin for mine and running the FE
Old 25 Mar 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
On St Thomas, we always used to head over to Magen's Bay (early to get get the best spot), rent some loungers and have a fab day on the beach. Loads of the open air 'taxis' going and coming back so absolutely no fear of missing the ship.
On our last trip, we got tipped off about Honeymoon Beach on Water Island which was amazing - very quiet with a couple of great beach bars, free loungers. You have to take a ten minute trip on the passenger ferry to get there plus a short walk (or a free ride on the beach bar owner's pick up truck). Be aware that cruise ships dock in two places in St Thomas (Havensight and Crown Bay) the ferry to Honeymoon Beach goes from Crown Bay marina.
Sounds lovely, but another boat- think hubby wants dry land after three sea days, lol.
Have you heard of Blackbeards Beach anyone?
Old 29 Mar 16, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Mobile

I have joined a Facebook group for this cruise - is anyone else in the group ?