Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Sure, I just figured out where we wanted to stay and reduced the Homeaway map to that area so that only properties showed in that area.

I also bring the area up on googlemaps and have a good look around so you can really get a feel for the place.
For example there were some areas in Hollywood that I would not want to stay.
Let me know of you have any other questions.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Found some good places near la/anaheim. For the sfo side, I saw nice houses at moss beach which looks nice, any other areas close to sfo you know about?
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thecornflake View Post
Found some good places near la/anaheim. For the sfo side, I saw nice houses at moss beach which looks nice, any other areas close to sfo you know about?
We have booked the Columbus Motor Inn between Lombard Street and Fishermans Wharf. It comes highly recommended here on the Dibb.
We've been a 2 room suite which including taxes came to $969 I think plus it free parking.Really pleased as the kids have their own room and own double bed each too.

@adeandlisadodisney

miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Had a quick look, for when we're looking it's quite expensive (1500 for a week). Thats the price I'm looking at for a nice house (although further south outside the main city)
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Is staying in San Jose a good option as its also closer to Monterey?
And if we were interested in Yosemite/Sequoia park would a couple of nights at somewhere like Fresno be worthwhile?
I see what people mean about planning being worse than Orlando (totally up for the challenge though)
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thecornflake View Post
Had a quick look, for when we're looking it's quite expensive (1500 for a week). Thats the price I'm looking at for a nice house (although further south outside the main city)
We are only there for 3 nights (2 full days) so we need to be in the midst of it all.

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 22 Jan 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I think if we're going to do short hops around it might be an option for a couple of nights.