Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Jan 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Watched it, what on earth were the parents thinking, and both of them !
Sorry but no grown man however charming would worm his way in to my family, how on earth did they let this happen.
Can’t beleive how well adjusted Jan is. I think the sisters actually were more affected than her at times.
Old 25 Jan 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I watched this too. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! He took a 12 year old girl to Mexico and married her. The parents even sent her back on a plane to him for the second time! I think the parents are just as bad as he is what a disgrace.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am currently about half way though it. I also watch a lot of the crime genre but I have never seen anything as bizarre as this. He slept in her bed four nights a week for six months before the kidnap because his therapist said he should ! 😳
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am currently about half way though it. I also watch a lot of the crime genre but I have never seen anything as bizarre as this. He slept in her bed four nights a week for six months before the kidnap because his therapist said he should ! 😳
I know! What on earth were the parents thinking! I get he was manipulative but come ON.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just watched it and can’t believe the parents, were they really so gullible! Very strange situation
Old 26 Jan 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just watched this, quite unbelievable. Parents were the most gullible people I’ve ever seen. At one stage I thought it was going to reveal itself as some sort of parody. Especially when it got to the father’s ‘helping hand’. Talk about letting your kids down. Seems their minds were scrambled by their church possibly.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
This is one of the most shocking things I've seen. It took them 4 days to call anyone when she was first kidnapped!?! What parent does that and then after everything that happened put her on a plane to him!? The parents are unbelievable, they should have been investigated buy the police themselves. That poor poor girl. I'm actually fuming that things like this happen.

Edited at 09:11 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have just watched, you would think it is a farce type of comedy. The whole family seem strange and of below average intelligence.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella11
Getting Excited

I am totally disturbed by this programme. I think its easy to say how crappy the parents were (and they were).However, what a master manipulator that guy was? To convince 3 members of a family of 5, to enter into 'relations' with him, is just remarkable. Its a good job he didn't have designs on the younger girls, as I reckon he could have convinced them to gift wrap them and drop them at his door!
Stella11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

The behaviour of those parents was shameful. None of the awful things that happened to that girl would have happened if they had only opened their eyes.

I still don’t think they have any concept of just how stupidly they acted!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List