Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I agree with the walk to the main building being lovely. I know were a little disappointed in the room location but you really get to appreciate the resort a bit more when you’re further away from everything.

Caitlin’s gift basket is lovely, I bought those Mickey Goldfish and Oreos over there and never got to try them as I intended to bring them home but ran out of luggage space!

Caitlin’s costume is pretty! I feel for you with Costumegate, I feel so uncomfortable in swimwear and I never stop to think that everyone is in the same boat.

Look at Noah with that ice cream, so cute!

It was nice for you to let Caitlin pick her birthday restaurant, she does have expensive taste though haha. I think Thomas’ meal looks the best haha. How lovely of Ariel to check back in on Caitlin.

Those are great photos of Main Street and the Castle just as you’re leaving after dinner. We were supposed to be going in May next year but we’ve decided to go in November instead as I really want to see Christmas again.
It is a lovely look around and we enjoyed our wanders on the way to the pool too, still would have preferred being a little closer. Maybe next time we won't be as rushed and. Can enjoy it a little more.

Caitlin didn't like the goldfish... In fact none of them did 😂 they loved the oreos though. She also got share bags of M&Ms, cheers, tootsie rolls, jolly ranchers and so much more. When we weighed the contents it was almost 2kg 😳😂 we ran out of space too I ended up buying a holdall to fit it all in 🤣

She loved having the choice. In fact she choose the whole day. She wanted to go to typhoon lagoon and do CRT. It was one of our best days as we managed such a balance of resting and attractions too. She definitely has expensive taste. She loves a steak! The interaction was fab.

It really was lovely. Oh yay that's great news. I must say I think we preferred the Christmas decs over the Halloween ones. You'll love it. I can't wait to read your report although we could have met up in May! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It is a lovely look around and we enjoyed our wanders on the way to the pool too, still would have preferred being a little closer. Maybe next time we won't be as rushed and. Can enjoy it a little more.

Caitlin didn't like the goldfish... In fact none of them did 😂 they loved the oreos though. She also got share bags of M&Ms, cheers, tootsie rolls, jolly ranchers and so much more. When we weighed the contents it was almost 2kg 😳😂 we ran out of space too I ended up buying a holdall to fit it all in 🤣

She loved having the choice. In fact she choose the whole day. She wanted to go to typhoon lagoon and do CRT. It was one of our best days as we managed such a balance of resting and attractions too. She definitely has expensive taste. She loves a steak! The interaction was fab.

It really was lovely. Oh yay that's great news. I must say I think we preferred the Christmas decs over the Halloween ones. You'll love it. I can't wait to read your report although we could have met up in May! Xx
I don't really like Goldfish either, but I want to because they seem so quintessentially American to me.

We're definitely going to go in May one year, we want to see Flower & Garden but more importantly I want to get married in Florida! Our anniversary is May 17th and we want to keep it, but it falls at a weekend next year so it means going another year (I just want a courthouse wedding). I am already excited about my report for this year, I've already written the introduction
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't really like Goldfish either, but I want to because they seem so quintessentially American to me.

We're definitely going to go in May one year, we want to see Flower & Garden but more importantly I want to get married in Florida! Our anniversary is May 17th and we want to keep it, but it falls at a weekend next year so it means going another year (I just want a courthouse wedding). I am already excited about my report for this year, I've already written the introduction
Yeah I found them a little strange tasting haha. Not sure what I expected. There were so many things we wanted to try!

So does that mean a potential wedding next year? I really hope it does 😍 have you already posted it? I'm on mobile so can't see any signitures! I need to get subscribed xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yeah I found them a little strange tasting haha. Not sure what I expected. There were so many things we wanted to try!

So does that mean a potential wedding next year? I really hope it does 😍 have you already posted it? I'm on mobile so can't see any signitures! I need to get subscribed xx
I know! I could have spent so much money on snacks at the supermarket.

I think 2020 for the wedding, which is only 5 years after we initially planned

I haven't posted it, and I don't think I'm going to until we're home just in case things change a lot!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I know! I could have spent so much money on snacks at the supermarket.

I think 2020 for the wedding, which is only 5 years after we initially planned

I haven't posted it, and I don't think I'm going to until we're home just in case things change a lot!
Eeekk now that's excited. I hope you do a wedding blog!

Oh no you should still post it then you can see the changes you made. The amount of times mine changed I lost count haha xx
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I really felt for you while reading this day. What a shame you had that experience. It's miserable when you don't feel comfortable in your own skin.

I'm a bit older than you as I'm 42, I think I started to not care so much about what other people thought about 6 years ago. We were on holiday in Malta and there were women who were much older and much larger than I was wearing bikinis and I thought to myself that I was being ridiculous about my own wobbly bits. When we came back from that holiday I bought a bikini, now I'm not so confident in it to post photos and I don't wear it in the UK, but I have worn it while on holiday as I was able to convince myself that I was never going to see any of those people round the pool ever again and so I really shouldn't care if they think I look grotesque as what did it really matter.

I think that because I had struggled with my weight after Kate was born it had knocked my confidence and I didn't like wearing shorts nevermind swimwear. When Kate was nearly a year old I weighed over 14 stone which was the most I've ever weighed and it took a while for that to come off.

Anyway, I just hope that you don't end up feeling that way again. Please try not to let what other people are thinking upset you. I'm certain they are more worried about themselves and their own podge than looking at you and judging your podge!

Ok pep talk over! Caitlin looked marvellous in her hat, the cake was beautiful and I'm sure this will be a birthday that she remembers for a long time.

Oh and Collybird if you are still hanging around I'm ludicrously excited about you getting married in Florida! If you've read this far then you also need to give yourself a break and stop fearing what other people think too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I really felt for you while reading this day. What a shame you had that experience. It's miserable when you don't feel comfortable in your own skin.

I'm a bit older than you as I'm 42, I think I started to not care so much about what other people thought about 6 years ago. We were on holiday in Malta and there were women who were much older and much larger than I was wearing bikinis and I thought to myself that I was being ridiculous about my own wobbly bits. When we came back from that holiday I bought a bikini, now I'm not so confident in it to post photos and I don't wear it in the UK, but I have worn it while on holiday as I was able to convince myself that I was never going to see any of those people round the pool ever again and so I really shouldn't care if they think I look grotesque as what did it really matter.

I think that because I had struggled with my weight after Kate was born it had knocked my confidence and I didn't like wearing shorts nevermind swimwear. When Kate was nearly a year old I weighed over 14 stone which was the most I've ever weighed and it took a while for that to come off.

Anyway, I just hope that you don't end up feeling that way again. Please try not to let what other people are thinking upset you. I'm certain they are more worried about themselves and their own podge than looking at you and judging your podge!

Ok pep talk over! Caitlin looked marvellous in her hat, the cake was beautiful and I'm sure this will be a birthday that she remembers for a long time.

Oh and Collybird if you are still hanging around I'm ludicrously excited about you getting married in Florida! If you've read this far then you also need to give yourself a break and stop fearing what other people think too!
Totally agree Abby, I think more confidence comes as we get older (or we just stop caring about other’s opinions so much 😀 ) I am even older than you at 54, and definitely larger, but I wear swimming costumes, and a very modest bikini for a beach holiday, and don’t stress about it too much anymore. There are always other larger ladies than me and the important thing is having fun with the family, and being comfortable and not too hot. I do take ages to find a good costume though and spend more money than a size 10 person (Georgia 😂 ) would as I want to make sure it’s comfortable and secure but once I have it, I wear it without worrying.

But I do remember being very self conscious when I was around your age Kelly and our boys were young (and I was much smaller then) but I agree with Abby, look around and I bet there will be lots more larger ladies proudly wearing bikinis and having fun with the family. Try not to worry and join us 😀. Anyway, sorry for waffling on Kelly, and as I said earlier, lovely birthday for Caitlin. Disney birthdays are the best 😀

Edited at 10:05 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Totally agree Abby, I think more confidence comes as we get older (or we just stop caring about other’s opinions so much 😀 ) I am even older than you at 54, and definitely larger, but I wear swimming costumes, and a very modest bikini for a beach holiday, and don’t stress about it too much anymore. There are always other larger ladies than me and the important thing is having fun with the family, and being comfortable and not too hot. I do take ages to find a good costume though and spend more money than a size 10 person (Georgia 😂 ) would as I want to make sure it’s comfortable and secure but once I have it, I wear it without worrying.

But I do remember being very self conscious when I was around your age Kelly and our boys were young (and I was much smaller then) but I agree with Abby, look around and I bet there will be lots more larger ladies proudly wearing bikinis and having fun with the family. Try not to worry and join us 😀. Anyway, sorry for waffling on Kelly, and as I said earlier, lovely birthday for Caitlin. Disney birthdays are the best 😀
Aww thank you both, I'm sat here welling up. I think it's just so hard to accept changes in our body. One of the things I'm most bitter about is that the reason I put on weight was due to medication and medical conditions which couldn't be helped. This is definitely the biggest I've ever been, even after having the kids so I'm really struggling.

Chris said the same to me that there would be much bigger people but it didn't seem to help me. I hope that I can change my mindset before the next one!

Due to my medical conditions I struggle to exercise, but I have been calorie counting which is helping me to lose weight, so fingers crossed I'll feel much better in May.

Abby it really was a lovely day and she still talks about it now, she keeps asking if we can go again for her birthday next year

Yes she does! And she needs to post that blog so we can follow it! Xxx
Old 4 Feb 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

How Lucky having your birthday in Disney

A magical moment from Ariel Looks like it did the trick and made Caitlin smile

x
Old 8 Feb 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Very lucky, I'm jealous myself

Ariel was amazing, it's definitely one of the highlights of the holiday, thanks for reading xx