Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Relieved to read that most (older) kids seem to adjust ok as I had been wondering about this when we return (we land back about 7.30am on Easter Sunday. Obviously we’ll have Easter Monday off as a Bank holiday & back to school/work Tuesday.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

It’ll be fine. Our son did that when we came back from the US last year, and despite not sleeping on the plane overnight at all he was absolutely fine.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We fly hom3 and send the kids to school th3 same day!

We have done this at least 4 or 5 times now and they’ve all been fine. They walk in at home, have a shower, eat breakfast and off they go. They normally get into school college for break time.

We/they actually find this better than being at home for ages before going back as they can’t get back into routine and sleeping habits.

Mine have been doing this from ages of 5 up to 22 and DH always goes straight into work too (by choice, it’s his business and it keeps him awake for the day).
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have always gone back the next day right from Ds being little. I remember once we got back on the Saturday so had the Sunday to recover and it was the worst jet lag we evebe had compared to going straight back!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I kept my two awake the day we got home, then early to bed that night we all slept 16 hours at night, then had a day at home, next day back to work and school. We were all fine. A friend suggested not sleeping on the day you land to adjust to time difference and it worked for us.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Last year, we arrived home on the Sunday (AM), and it was a Bank Holiday Monday so DD wasn't back at school until the Tuesday.
I actually think that the extra day made things worse. She slept for most of the day on the Monday (my fault really, I shouldn't have allowed this), therefore wasn't tired at the night-time so didn't get to sleep until (very) late. She was so tired on the Tuesday for school - she did make it through the day though and had a very early night!
I think that launching straight back into a routine is the best thing, keep sleeping to your usual bedtime and get up at your usual time. Sleeping at abnormal hours only makes it harder to fall back into your normal routine.
Just my opinion/experience of course.
I have no doubt that there won't be an issue landing Friday and back at school on the Monday! x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went in August last year and flew home at 7.30pm on a Friday. We landed around 9am Saturday morning and they were back to school the Monday.
They were fine and dealt with it pretty well.
The hardest part was trying to keep them awake on the long drive home from Gatwick but I found if you stick it out and stay awake the first day it really helps.
The husband on the other hand slept like a lord for hours once we got home and really struggled to get back to normal 🙄
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List