Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Twin seats on British Airways

Not sure if I should pick twin seats at the back of the 777 to tampa, got the new layout both ways and its showing 3 rows of twin seats at the back, we are a couple only this time and hubby not keen anyone sat next to him

I hate turbulence though and heard its felt more in that area, not bothered about being last off plane, also what happens with plane changes if we book a twin seat, are you still sat together somewhere?

Need hubby sat with me as have autism

Anyone any reviews of the twin seats, any pics/reviews generally of the new layout, last 2 times we have done the mia route on 747 so been a while since on a 777

Thanks

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We have booked the first 2 rows of 2 for our homeward journey (but on a 747). Someone said the last row don't recline properly so we avoided those. They came well recommended on here when I asked about them, but some people still preferred the middle of the plane.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We also have the last twin set on the flight back next year, keen to hear others opinions.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Just check out if the seats recline fully - see seatguru website or any reviews of the seats. You may not want to recline yours but I bet the person in front...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We flew in them to Miami and back, they are fine, bit of extra room by window to slot a bag (or my daughter used it to see dad behind.
Only disadvantage you are last of the plane
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I find the website thebasource/seat-maps/ to be much better than seat guru if that helps.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We had the back row of twin seats LGW to MCO last week and would happily book them again. No issues with recline. Only possible negative is you’re the last to be served with drinks/meals etc, so you may not get your first choice of meal. Have sat in plenty of other locations and can’t say I noticed any difference with turbulence, but can’t really compare as turbulence varies anyway. No issues with getting off last as the plane emptied quickly and minimal queues at immigration. Still had to wait for our bags.
Old 14 Nov 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Flown on both 747 and 777 using the twin seats, found them to be comfortable with a bit more room around you. Didn't notice any extra movement during turbulence so would say go for it.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Just check out if the seats recline fully - see seatguru website or any reviews of the seats. You may not want to recline yours but I bet the person in front...
I second this! We had the last row of 2 on our BA flight home from LA on Sunday. They don’t recline and the two guys sitting in front of us reclined as far as they could as soon as we were up after take off. The seat was virtually touching my nose. I appreciate on a night flight it is to be expected that people might recline their seat but these two kept them reclined for the whole flight, even when not sleeping, and had to be asked to put their seats upright by the crew when serving food/drink so we didn’t end up wearing our meals 😡
Would not pick these seats again but the rows of 2 in front of us were fine (we had one of those on the flight out). Lesson learned to check SeatGuru before booking seats!

On the plus side we were first to be served meals so didn’t have to eat whatever was left.

This was on a 747 so not sure if the same on other planes.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

We always book a pair of seats at the back of the plane. usually the first or second row of 'twos'. Find them more comfortable. Would advise to photo a seat plan before you book them though. A couple of years ago we paid for a 'pair' (quite expensive) with BA and subsequently had a plane layout change and ended up in the middle row. When I queried about a refund on what we'd paid for our seats BA told me there no price difference! Codswallop, but I couldn't get the seat prices up to prove it.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List