Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlottesumx View Post
That's true - we had a fab female cm last Feb, she pressed her face to the lift doors just as they were closing saying urgent;y 'oh! There's something I forgot to tell y...'

cue looks of terror from all the children and some of the adults locked in their seats...
It terrifies me when they do that but I love it! One CM grabbed the door and shouted "no wait something's wro... " Scared the life out of me!

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
Also, the view when the doors open right at the top is amazing!
It is such a good view. I sort of enjoy it more when it's raining though as it adds to the creepy atmosphere.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
It's the best ride in Disney I reckon...the build up and anticipation is worse than the actual drop,it really is great fun,like I keep telling my 4 year old Grandson,you have to try things to see if you like them,if you don't like it,then you don't need to do it again. Go for it,it's brilliant.
Brilliant ride, brilliant theming and awesome ride attendants who really get into character for this. Go for it 😀😁😃
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My favourite ride. My kids were 9 & 10 when they first did it & I did feel a bit guilty after the first time because it does get your heart pumping but they loved it. We always do it at least 4 or 5 times during our stay. It makes us laugh now, especially when you see other people's reactions. I think the fact I've always been very chilled about rides, even when I've been nervous has encouraged them to try anything.
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elliebee
VIP Dibber

I went on it once and it was scary. The second time I went on it, it was just as scary..and the third lol. I can't describe the feeling of it but it's quite addictive. It took 2 holidays for my family to get me on it and I love it. It took me 2 holidays to get my son on the hulk and now that's his favourite ride. All I say to people now is the only way you will know is by trying it for yourself. If you hate it, fortunately the rides are over quite quickly and then you won't do it again. What some people consider fine you or your son may not so the best thing is to go with your gut. Good and terrifying experiences are all part of the memories lol x
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

I went on it 3 years ago and can honestly say its the scariest thing I have done (and I love thrill rides)but I think it was more the build up they put you through first and the whole décor! I hid my head in my husbands shoulder and clung on for dear life. However I would do it again - and have just booked fast passes for the whole family - including 8 and 6 year olds - although I'm thinking the 6 year old will not want to go through with it once they get in as the build up will scare her too much. My 8 year old will love every second!
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
Totally agree with this. My 6 year old granddaughter couldn't get enough of it.
so glad I'm not the only one taking a 6 year old on it - wondering if it's going to be too much for her but going to give it a go
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claireasol View Post
so glad I'm not the only one taking a 6 year old on it - wondering if it's going to be too much for her but going to give it a go
Don't worry - I took two 4-year-olds on it!
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Don't worry - I took two 4-year-olds on it!
Seriously? How was that? Did they love or hate it?
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Libsmum
Earning More Ears

This is my youngest's favourite ride ever. She was 4 the first time she went on it (in Paris) and 5 in Florida. She must have gone on it about 10 times that holiday and it the ride she's desperate to go on again when we go back. That said her big sister hates it, she doesn't like the theming or the up and down tummy feeling.
Personally I can take it or leave it (or take the big one on Rock n roller coaster!) but I do think the Florida ride is not as severe as Paris, it seems to have smaller drops and less of them.
Libsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

Mobile

It's a drop ride so you've got to decide if your stomach 'has the stomach' for it. Ha.

As mentioned, the theming and anticipation (hearing endless screams from those already in the Tower) is part of the fun.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List