Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Thomas Cook flights

We go to WDW end September this year and usually fly Virgin but they are expensive at the moment so looking at Thomas Cook flights. Can u please tell me if they are OK to fly with compared to Virgin?
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes absolutely fine.
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Mobile

We flew with them last year for the 1st time and would definitely use again.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We flew with them last time we took the kids. No complaints and would definitely use them again
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marc7
Excited about Disney

imo TC are better than virgin economy seats have more leg room as well
Poinciana villa 2019
marc7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Until last year we only used TC to Orlando and Vegas as they always came out cheaper than Virgin and we were very happy with them. Last year we booked some reward flights with Virgin and decided there was nothing between the two carriers and we would use whichever was cheapest.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

I have used both TC and Virgin and IMO TC are better, I am not sure what all the hype is around Virgin.

TC planes are clean the crew are welcoming and helpful the food is good as far as Airline food goes.

I have found Virgin crew ( Not all of them) to be a little snotty.
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jfuller
Getting Excited

I haven't flown the Air Tanker that they use on some routes and which gets varying reviews but I have used their regular fleet and would recommend them.
Jfuller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Flew with them last summer to Orlando on Air tanker 1 with the IFE seat back etc... great spacious seats, the food on the way out (the James Martin meal) was the best plane food I've eaten! Staff really friendly, both flights on time. The lack of free drinks didn't bother us, we bought some drink before boarding and suited us and we didn't bother upgrading the IFE and just had stuff on our phones/iPad anyway. Very pleasant experience. I'd use them again for sure.
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

if you get on a plane with premium, book economy and check back regularly for a price upgrade... remember one dibber who called and got the upgrade for something like 7.50 per person. Its worth at least £100 so anything under that is a deal.
nothing wrong with economy tho.

If you are on the AT1, its all economy and has in seat power and is a good flight too. There may be one of their Scandinavian fleet in use its the same as the AT1 by all accounts.

if you are on AT2 (afaik bot being used this year) just be prepared, doesn't have inseat power, have to use your own tablet to watch movies when the streaming service works - just about preparation.

The service, flights, all good, food outward is excellent, coming back eat at the airport.

Also use the check my trip app to keep up to date with info and changes with your flight, very helpful.

its said as a negative but you need to pay for drinks ex meals, but the money you save far outweighs this - just take a few bottles on board if its a major issue.

they are my preferred airline. (and I have high up contacts should any issues arise after issue the sorted to my satisfaction in 2016)

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 11:47 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List